ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Troy Pride Latest***

jason stamm

Hokie Hall of Fame
Staff
Aug 11, 2008
Guys, I spoke a little earlier with Greer (SC) three-star cornerback Troy Pride, who's been committed to the Hokies since February. But in the past week, he's received written offers from North Carolina and Georgia Tech.

Pride told me that "I still feel very strongly about Virginia Tech" and considers himself still committed. He also told me, "It's really their prospect to lose."

Pride was at VT on July 25 for Beamer's BBQ, which was his first time visiting since when he committed. He missed the spring game. On this visit, Pride said he enjoyed talking with coach Frank Beamer and he also spent more time with assistant coach Torrian Gray. When the recruits visiting all broke off in their position groups, Pride said that Gray "put me on a stage where commit guys get the best treatment. I got a chance to be personal with him, talk it out." And that made his commitment a bit stronger.

Still, this one is far from over. Basically, it's down to VT and four other schools in the running: Georgia Tech, North Carolina, Notre Dame and Maryland. Pride said he'll likely take official visits to all five schools. The specific games Pride said he wants to get to are for the VT/Ohio State game and the Maryland/Penn State game. Other than that, he's not sure.

Pride is far from 100% with the Hokies. Right now, I'd put him at about 75%. But the visit for Beamer's BBQ helped and has made him more solid with VT than before. Still, it's a wait and see with how his other visits go. He'll likely be right up to signing day before he makes a firm, 100% decision.

Full story coming, but as always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News