ADVERTISEMENT

Lefty, I can't wait until you're out of town

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
You keep setting up Brewer for hits and sacks, I can't stand watching. Call a frickin' screen pass or draw play on 3rd down.

I can't wait until you're gone.

Last edited:
He may be worst OC in college football. No touchdowns in a half against Hoos. Pitiful. He is lost when it comes to play calling.

We opened up the O (and were less predictable) and moved the ball when we got behind, but why not open it up all game?

I'm OK with someone having a noodle arm (Dorsey at UM, Huepel at Oklahoma, Applewhite at Texas, etc) if they have great command of the game, but Brewer's decision making ability is shockingly poor during large stretches of games...which makes him playing over the other QBs even more confusing.

Brewer might be "tough"but hes the worst damn QB Ive seen at VT in a long time.
you cant tell this board that... according to most of these people he is "tough" and all that.. He made a few good throws and he gets credit in the 4th... He has a gift of turning 2nd and 5 into 3rd and 15 because he does not throw the ball away.. he missed WIDE OPEN receivers.. just complete garbage.. Motley or Lawson is better suited for this team in my opinion.. Could not do no worse. SL is part of the problem but Brewer is very bad..

Well a lot of the things I read here are true but do you think he could do any better if he had time to do it? When he came out after the half he was just like when he went in. The difference? He was being given time to throw but was still missing. After he acclimated to the time thingy he was much much better.
Throw this all together with the great OC playcalling and what have you got? A marginal QB with the antichrist of OC's.

Brewer might be "tough"but hes the worst damn QB Ive seen at VT in a long time.
Yeah, played pretty bad in the first half getting sacked three times. Then he came back (again) after being knocked out of the game and threw for 237 yards and two touchdowns. But then most Qb's throw better when they're protected.

Yeah, played pretty bad in the first half getting sacked three times. Then he came back (again) after being knocked out of the game and threw for 237 yards and two touchdowns. But then most Qb's throw better when they're protected.
He had a bad ankle sprain and was in boot after game ended

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT