ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Byrd Decommit

sknyluv

Freshman
Mar 7, 2005
Looks like 2016 QB commitment Logan Byrd is decommitting from the Hokies. Not a huge loss considering QB Dwayne Lawson is still in the same class. Speaking of Lawson, I found this quote from the article interesting ...

"The Hokies signed highly-touted Tampa quarterback Dwayne Lawson this winter and also added Lawson's high school coordinator Max Warner as an offensive quality control assistant, perhaps signaling what direction the quarterback situation will go in upcoming years."

Two things. Is this kind of thing common? Do schools hire high school coaches that are associated with recruits? And also, what the hell is an "offensive quality control assistant"? Not saying this sounds fishy ... but this sounds fishy.

Lawson is in the 2015 class.

Anyway, a bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush and I'll take Lawson's signature that we now have and I knew Byrd would be tough to hang on to from so far away.

Originally posted by sknyluv:
Looks like 2016 QB commitment Logan Byrd is decommitting from the Hokies. Not a huge loss considering QB Dwayne Lawson is still in the same class. Speaking of Lawson, I found this quote from the article interesting ...

"The Hokies signed highly-touted Tampa quarterback Dwayne Lawson this winter and also added Lawson's high school coordinator Max Warner as an offensive quality control assistant, perhaps signaling what direction the quarterback situation will go in upcoming years."

Two things. Is this kind of thing common? Do schools hire high school coaches that are associated with recruits? And also, what the hell is an "offensive quality control assistant"? Not saying this sounds fishy ... but this sounds fishy.
Good. It takes nuts to come in somewhere and compete with confidence against other hi-profile talent. Hardwork, determination, iron will, intestinal fortitude, team mindset, etc., are the qualities I value and appreciate especially in a qb. I don't want a primadonna who thinks he's just going to be given the job. Good luck to him though. Hope he can find a team where he doesn't have to compete for the job.

Not surprising, Lawson looks to be in the driver's seat. VT will need a quality backup if Lawson keeps running.

Need a 4 star OLineman more than a backup 4 star Qb IMHO.

I only remember 2 de-commits that did well: Ismael the LB that went French on us and Thacker the DT that went Criminole on us. The rest, dozens, faded away, never to star.

That LB fell for shady recruiting by the French. I remember that as if it happened yesterday. NCAA supposedly investigated and determined that it was unethical but not illegal. It changed how I view French football forever.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT