ADVERTISEMENT

LOL at UNCHEATERS and The South's Oldest Rivalry

The Cheaters should get what scUM got back in 95-96. Think it was 13 schollie reduction one year and 11 the next, plus no post season play. They should also pay the league back a % of shared revenue during the confirmed cheating years.

I am repulsed by their very existence.

The Cheaters should get what scUM got back in 95-96. Think it was 13 schollie reduction one year and 11 the next, plus no post season play. They should also pay the league back a % of shared revenue during the confirmed cheating years.

I am repulsed by their very existence.

AND vacate 2 national championships in men's bball.

Reactions: Salemite
AND vacate 2 national championships in men's bball.

Yeah, I can go for that. In fact, I'd want it.

But vacating wins is purely symbolic. Kids don't care about that. It doesn't hurt them on the recruiting trail. Plus their program has already reaped the primary benefit -- the reputation and image of a championship caliber program.

Schollies, cash and post season play -- in that order. jmo

UNC crafted the perfect plan. Create the myth that they are pure as driven snow...that all of their athletes are scholars...that they are superior to everyone else. They called it "The Carolina Way." If any program was a threat, they would be the first to point fingers and suggest the other school is cheating. When Valvano became too popular and started taking recruits from Dean, they used their political power to launch an investigation while trashing us in the UNC grad owned newspaper. UNC told everyone that we were committing academic fraud and had a booster slush fund to pay players...all while they were handing out grades and degrees as if it were Halloween candy. When the NCAA investigated, they found no academic fraud and no such slush fund...just a couple of players selling their complimentary tickets they get for family, and one kid selling/trading his Nikes in for regular shoes and spending money. UNC was outraged and asked the SBI to investigate, but they said no. So they used their corrupt power and appointed a UNC grad as Chancellor, and put UNC grad Todd Turner as our AD. Turner then went on his campaign to destroy us from within. We lost Valvano in basketball (NCAA Title), Dick Sheridan in football (beat UNC 6 out of 7 and last five years in a row), and Ray Tanner in baseball (we were #2 in the country but could not host a regional because Turner refused to get lights for our field). Yes I said lights...which my little league field I played on back in '71 had. Ray (a NCSU grad) left and went to South Carolina where he won back to back National Championships.

And lets not forget that UNC did not want Virginia Tech in the ACC because they felt you were vastly inferior academically. And they wonder why everyone hates them.

Hmmm, who to root for in this game, hoos & notre damned are 2 most hated teams, but unCheat is 4-1 and closer to reaching eligibility for a bowl game, at 1-4 hoos very likely aren't gonna win 4 more games if they beat unCheat.

Since they can't tie, may pull for hoos to win an ugly game by 2-0 score.

Hate to say it, but actually may be pulling for Perv St to beat OSU this weekend.

Was Delighted to see ucla taken down hard by The cardinal even though the cardinal continues to out recruit VT for some Virginia talent.

I hate it when a good player rejects VT and goes to a Stanford, Ohio, Tennsessee or some other rogue school.

Good post Packed. I will never forget that UNCh did not and has not ever wanted us in the ACC. I will root got UVA this week to beat UNC because even though UVA is an arch rival they are a school with much higher character than UNCh.

My vote is for UVA as well. My vote is always - VT, ACC, Virginia School in that order.
I remember a discussion with a certain UNC director during the time VT was trying to get into the ACC. She tried to tell me that we had a lot
of trouble with criminals in our program. Explained to her that all programs have issues with athletes due to social-economic environment. I showed her that UNC had their issues as well.
She was very condescending. I will never forget that.

More of the "Carolina Way"...

Per reports tonight UNC football players MJ Stewart and Mike Hughes have been indefinitely suspended.

Some early rumors indicate that this was yet another assault, which would be the 2nd for Stewart .

You may remember that MJ Stewart was one of the 4 UNC football players involved in the brutal assault of a walk-on WR player, Boyer. Article rehashing that incident that UNC tried to sweep under the rug below.

Just like his buddy Malik Simmons this will make yet another off field potential arrest or criminal act. Malik Simmons has had at least 4 public arrests over a year period yet has not be asked to leave the program yet, and there have been no public statements from the media on why he is still suiting up on Saturdays.

Will be interesting to see how the local sports media treats this latest incident. Most if not all of them called for Shad Thornton to be kicked off the team... just two short weeks ago in fact. Lets see how they respond to this latest news from UNC. Another repeat assault & battery incident (that we know about). Let's see if they are truly unbiased in their "reporting" and calls for removal of Stewart from campus .

Malik Simmons and MJ Stewart should be long gone for their repeated bad behavior..... will it happen... and will the media call for it to happen?

Thug is not an accurate description of Mike Hughes. He's a good kid and has a good Mother that has probably had a piece of his hide since this has happened. I'm bothered by 18 year old kids being out at 3 am. If I'm a parent I would be upset at this. It's the first time a kid like Hughes has been out on his own and you can't just let them run wild. I suspect Stewart was the one that got Hughes involved in this. Marquise Williams suspected one of these frat guys of stealing his phone. How Stewart and Hughes ended up in it I haven't heard. Hopefully Mike has learned something in this. His Mother and his Uncle need stay active in who he is allowed to run with. He's got to understand this because once he gets that NFL paycheck if he can't control himself and choose better people to hang with he will never make it.UNC still has several kids that are trouble just waiting to happen.

Damn, I take a few months off from this place and it's like I never left. PackedAss and Otis are still slinging their crap. I guess Packed forgot about his own "thug" Shadrach. Hell, it only took about 4 arrests and a miracle recruiting class of stud RBs for Doeren to throw him off the team. It's good to see that you are still a hypocrite, lol. Anyway, now that you are done playing your JV schedule and are 0-2 against the varsity, it will be interesting to see how you do against Wake next week. I'm sure that Crack Ride will be full of posts about how Swofford fixed the game and how the refs are always against you, just like the VT game. Losers.

Reactions: Louigi
Damn, I take a few months off from this place and it's like I never left. PackedAss and Otis are still slinging their crap. I guess Packed forgot about his own "thug" Shadrach. Hell, it only took about 4 arrests and a miracle recruiting class of stud RBs for Doeren to throw him off the team. It's good to see that you are still a hypocrite, lol. Anyway, now that you are done playing your JV schedule and are 0-2 against the varsity, it will be interesting to see how you do against Wake next week. I'm sure that Crack Ride will be full of posts about how Swofford fixed the game and how the refs are always against you, just like the VT game. Losers.
Shad should of been kicked off the team after his second issue. I'm still trying to figure out the stud RB's State is supposed to have. Dayes is a solid back but beyond him nothing has been proven.

With UNC and Lousiville facing NCAA trouble, ACC is getting a bad rap.

When Luesyville joined ACC, I said they were rogue and unethical. Gosh I am a Prophet. ACC should have never invited them and their 160th Academic standing.

^^^Yep. The ACC will have Syracuse, UNC, and Louisville all on probation at the same time. That is a huge black eye for the ACC.

Loueyville and Syracuse should have NEVER been invited to ACC.

neither should have Pittsburgh, Boston College and Notre Dame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT