ADVERTISEMENT

Looking forward to seeing you guys in Orlando

Dabo is one good Coach , I like that fact and his College Story of him and his Mom. That's a movie in it's own. And I hope VT can give Clemson a Game. Just for the ACC and all the programs. Makes the ACC look strong if its a good Game .

Had a great time with a bunch of you in Charlotte last time we were both there. Awesome fans from start to finish. Safe travels and will see you there.

Should be a good game. If we can limit turnovers, and our defense can at least slow Watson down, I think we can keep it close. I'm kinda surprised the opening line was only -8 Clemson, but there's still time for movement. We're still smarting from that 38-10 embarrassment in 2011, and would love to get some payback. Gonna be a pretty tall task for us, though!

You know when some entity is PC or staunchly ideologic when it is willing to do something that causes self harm even in the event of being told before doing so, "this is a money loss for the ACC." Meaning....the ACC knew it would lose money by moving the game out of Charlotte and that it could be harmful financially, yet the ideology prevailed and was to much to overcome. It is so sad.

P.S. Don't believe for a minute this decision was "above Swoffords pay grade." That is a straight out lie that many people echo and assume it's true. Fact is, the NC legislature, and the SC, GA, and Florida legislatures are dominated by those that are in favor of NCs controversial bill. The decision was the ACC's, and they were/are attempting to throw their hat in the political arena. If not Swoffords idea, he still did little to go against the idea which shows he was either for moving the game to Orlando, or he is a coward. If he were against moving the game out of Charlotte, he could have taken his stance to the public and he would have gained the support of more people who would have been for the bill and that would have ended it. He chose not to do that.

Only my opinions...........

Charlotte is a neutral site between VT and Clemson. Perfect venue. Orlando is too far for a conference championship game for any school other than FSU, Miami or maybe GT. What if BC, Syracuse or Pittsburg had made it. ( I hope neither of those schools ever make it)

Well, there's plenty of stupid to go around in this whole situation...

NC legislature passes a "knee jerk reaction" law to stop Charlotte from passing a law they didn't agree with...

Who knows how many billions long term NC is going to lose from this move? But the powers that be are too prideful to take it back, but too spineless not to "make adjustments" to the PC police in hopes of limiting the damage.

Bottom line is that fans of both schools have to suffer b/c of something that most of us don't really give a shiit about in the first place. I always went into restroom with my small kids anyway. I don't have a problem using a stall if that's available or a urinal if it's not. I don't really have the burning desire to watch anyone use the restroom, so as long as the stall door is closed, I don't care if a man, woman, or someone in between is next door. I suppose the worse case would be some wacko watching me take a piss... which I don't really care about either... knock yourself out.

Well, there's plenty of stupid to go around in this whole situation...

NC legislature passes a "knee jerk reaction" law to stop Charlotte from passing a law they didn't agree with...

Who knows how many billions long term NC is going to lose from this move? But the powers that be are too prideful to take it back, but too spineless not to "make adjustments" to the PC police in hopes of limiting the damage.

Bottom line is that fans of both schools have to suffer b/c of something that most of us don't really give a shiit about in the first place. I always went into restroom with my small kids anyway. I don't have a problem using a stall if that's available or a urinal if it's not. I don't really have the burning desire to watch anyone use the restroom, so as long as the stall door is closed, I don't care if a man, woman, or someone in between is next door. I suppose the worse case would be some wacko watching me take a piss... which I don't really care about either... knock yourself out.

I call BS. If "you didn't give a shi& about it,* then you would not have posted why YOU are staunchly against the bill. Sadly, you blame the NC legislature for the game being.moved? It's politics and it has ZERO to do with sports.

P.S. Just for shi&s and giggles, I love the bill. I have 2 daughters and I don't like gays or trannies. Simple as that.

I am wondering that if the game had to be moved out of NC, why was Orlando the next option, why not DC or the Northern VA area where the Redskins play?

I am wondering that if the game had to be moved out of NC, why was Orlando the next option, why not DC or the Northern VA area where the Redskins play?
That's too far for Florida State and Miami to have to travel to play in it.

Charlotte is a neutral site between VT and Clemson. Perfect venue. Orlando is too far for a conference championship game for any school other than FSU, Miami or maybe GT. What if BC, Syracuse or Pittsburg had made it. ( I hope neither of those schools ever make it)
Syracuse, Pittsburgh? We are talking about football here, not basketball! ;)

Should have moved it to UVA....it's always available this time of year.
I started to say Scott isn't big enough...but then I remembered that the reason the game was moved out of Florida to begin with is that no one showed up to watch it. 60K at Scott would be better than 40K in Orlando for sure.

Plus, UVa folk could see a home team win there for a change.

When they moved it from Charlotte, I knew it would be Orlando. The ACC is not a well run conference. Actually, it's probably tied with Big 12 as worst run conference within NCAA.
Maybe they should have moved it to Blacksburg. After all, VT was supposed to finish 4th in their division. Who would have ever dreamed VT would be playing in ACC championship game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT