ADVERTISEMENT

Looking most forward to seeing this Hokie hit the field...

GurskyT

Hokie Hall of Fame
Aug 11, 2005
Travon McMillian. Anxious to see how he fits in with the VT offense, I think that when his time comes to get touches he's really going to make a lot of big plays for the Hokies. Watched him play many games in high school; his speed, versatility, and ability to lower his shoulder / keep his legs moving through contact to tough out extra yards will add a different dimension that the Hokies could probably use in their offense. I'm sure as a fan base people will focus in on the newer recruits that the coaches are trying to reel in, but McMillian should be a big-time weapon for the VT offense.

I posted a thread pretty much talking about the same thing around this time last year, that I was looking forward to McMillian and Greg Stroman suiting up to play since I watched both of them play in high school (even when both of their schools played eachother). I don't follow VT heavily but I could see that Stroman certainly made his presence felt, especially in the bowl game. I think McMillian would have been ready to make an impact as a freshman had he not been redshirted, but from what I recall the Hokies had quite a bit of depth at RB, and the QB competition was already deep. I like his move to RB though, and with that redshirt year I think we will see a finely tuned Travon McMillian ready to move onto the scene. Get him in open space, coach!

We need to get several skill players in open space. that's the key to big plays. 30 yards is better than 3 (or less).

Originally posted by GurskyT:
Travon McMillian. Anxious to see how he fits in with the VT offense, I think that when his time comes to get touches he's really going to make a lot of big plays for the Hokies. Watched him play many games in high school; his speed, versatility, and ability to lower his shoulder / keep his legs moving through contact to tough out extra yards will add a different dimension that the Hokies could probably use in their offense. I'm sure as a fan base people will focus in on the newer recruits that the coaches are trying to reel in, but McMillian should be a big-time weapon for the VT offense.

I posted a thread pretty much talking about the same thing around this time last year, that I was looking forward to McMillian and Greg Stroman suiting up to play since I watched both of them play in high school (even when both of their schools played eachother). I don't follow VT heavily but I could see that Stroman certainly made his presence felt, especially in the bowl game. I think McMillian would have been ready to make an impact as a freshman had he not been redshirted, but from what I recall the Hokies had quite a bit of depth at RB, and the QB competition was already deep. I like his move to RB though, and with that redshirt year I think we will see a finely tuned Travon McMillian ready to move onto the scene. Get him in open space, coach!
I have heard a lot of people echo those thoughts. He is a tremendous athlete, and should be a blast to watch. Stroman was obviously very good all year, but he sure ended the season in the bowl game exploding onto the scene. We have got a lot of talent back next year.

Originally posted by GurskyT:

I do remember you talking up TM a year ago. Can't wait to see what he's got. We need another Branden Ore like rb coming in under the radar and being unstoppable. This would be a good year for that to happen too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT