ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like 60 Thousand Clemson fans will be in Panther Stadium

TN-Gamecock

Walk-On
May 10, 2002
Heres hoping Clemson has a good showing...1st time the ACC Championship Game will be sold out...I would wager since Clemson is #1, the viewership will also be the highest ever....

There was a poster on this board last week who said Charlotte was a Tarheel Town and they would take up the seats sold to,the general public....Looking at the Clemson board, it was said that there are over 20 thousand alumni in the Charlotte metro area which includes Rock Hill, Fort Mill and Tega Cay....Even Clemson's Campus is closer not to mention Greenville/Spartanburg/Asheville metro areas around the upstate and western NC with all the orange are only less than a 2 hour drive....

It will be a sad day for the ACC if Clemson does not win....It will mean Bama, MSU/Iowa, Stanford & OSU will hog the spotlight...

You think 20,000 Clemson alumni is impressive when the greater Metro area's population is 1.2 million? Dude, that's barely 1.5% of the population.

I'm guessing there's probably a quarter million Tarheel fans in Charlotte. Who knows what percentage of those are alumni, but it's a heck of a lot greater then 1.5%.

And I agree with you that it will be very bad for the league if Clemson does not win.

I expect Clemson to win but ALL the pressure is on them. The longer the game is close the more the pressure will build, imo.

Carolina winning and making the final 4 would have zero effect on the rest of the conference. Carolina winning and being left out would not be good for the conference.

Be interesting to see what happens.

I expect Clemson to win but ALL the pressure is on them. The longer the game is close the more the pressure will build, imo.

Carolina winning and making the final 4 would have zero effect on the rest of the conference. Carolina winning and being left out would not be good for the conference.

Be interesting to see what happens.
UNC being left out speaks volumes....The Heels were already beaten by Carolina in Charlotte....same scenario with another Carolina team....

You think 20,000 Clemson alumni is impressive when the greater Metro area's population is 1.2 million? Dude, that's barely 1.5% of the population.

I'm guessing there's probably a quarter million Tarheel fans in Charlotte. Who knows what percentage of those are alumni, but it's a heck of a lot greater then 1.5%.

And I agree with you that it will be very bad for the league if Clemson does not win.
Sweetheart, I said Alumni, not cheap WalMart wearing fans....Charlotte being in NC does not equate to folks living there being Tarheel fans...the metro area includes South Carolina....that's like saying Bristol VA is all Hokies because it's in Virginia...UT has more fans in Bristol/Abingdon than Tech 4 to 1......

Never understood why some people in SWVA are UT fans instead of VT fans. Like the offensive lineman from Ft Chiswell (I think) who went to Knoxville instead of Blacksburg.

UNC being left out speaks volumes....The Heels were already beaten by Carolina in Charlotte....same scenario with another Carolina team....
Except the first Carolina is currently a dumpster fire. I do hope you get a good coach, though it seems your number 1 choice will not be the answer long term.

It would suck to see UNCheat get into playoffs....even if they win I hope they get the shaft, couldn't happen to a better school. Just hope Clemson and we don't have to worry about it.

Reactions: Hokie81
If UNC beats Clemson, both schools should go to playoffs in my opinion, along with Alabama and Michigan State if they beat Iowa.
Ohio State and Pac 10 and Okalhoma should not even be mentioned

But come Sunday, the committee might still find a way for Notre Dame, Ohio State and Stanford to be 3 of the 4 teams. Someone said committee was more unethical than Hillary Clinton.

If UNC beats Clemson, both schools should go to playoffs in my opinion, along with Alabama and Michigan State if they beat Iowa.

But come Sunday, the committee might still find a way for Notre Dame, Ohio State and Stanford to be 3 of the 4 teams. Someone said committee was more unethical than Hillary Clinton.
What....if UNCheat loses to Clemson no way they should go. They haven't beaten a good team all year.

Don't think anybody can be more unethical than nobama and hellery. They'll try their best to rationalize notre damned and buckeye U, but they won't make it this year.

Never understood why some people in SWVA are UT fans instead of VT fans. Like the offensive lineman from Ft Chiswell (I think) who went to Knoxville instead of Blacksburg.
Proximity and being in the SEC...before y'all entered the ACC, Tech played schools in the northeast...SW Va folks are more aligned culturally to Tennessee than other parts of VA and the northeast...same with Western NC, UT and Clemson rule the western part of that state for the very same reason....proximity and culture....

Except the first Carolina is currently a dumpster fire. I do hope you get a good coach, though it seems your number 1 choice will not be the answer long term.

Who are you hearing is the top candidate? Have you heard Lincoln Riley mentioned in it?

If

If UNC beats Clemson, neither school will go to the playoffs. Don't see how the committee, or anyone for that matter, could be more unethical than Hillary.

UNC wins and it's no ACC team in the final 4. Clemson wins by 1 and the ACC is represented.

UNC did not play FSU, Notre Dame but Clemson did and won.....who the heck did UNC play that was worth a darn? Even Clemson can have an off nite....they just barely escaped Columbia with a win so Clemson can be beaten........UNC losing to Carolina and playing those 2 cupcakes are what's going to cost them the chance at the playoffs, should they beat Clemson....I think Clemson would be more deserving because they did beat my Gamecocks, FSU and Notre Dame....u

Last edited:
Looks like it will be Muschamp or Riley...I'm pulling for Riley....

Congrats to Tech on Fuentes....

Yea I asked because I was hearing that they were talking to Riley. Just wanted to see if you would confirm it. I'm sure ECU would have him on their list. Riley is going to have risk because he has never been a head coach but from everything I have seen of him he is worth the risk.

If

If UNC beats Clemson, neither school will go to the playoffs. Don't see how the committee, or anyone for that matter, could be more unethical than Hillary.
Hillary ???? U must not follow the Nine Crooks lined up for the Republicans...UNETHICAL

UNC won't make the playoffs if they win. I will pulling for UNC first time since it was found out that they are the most cheating school in the history of college sports. Then I will bask in their misery and whiny, crying delightfully stupid nationwide argument that it just isn' t fair.. (the 90% of them who feel their school just had a minor violation, not the good ones like bsh).

I don't like Clemson but not nearly as much as I dislike UNC. It will be hard pulling for them today.

UNC won't make the playoffs if they win. I will pulling for UNC first time since it was found out that they are the most cheating school in the history of college sports. Then I will bask in their misery and whiny, crying delightfully stupid nationwide argument that it just isn' t fair.. (the 90% of them who feel their school just had a minor violation, not the good ones like bsh).

I don't like Clemson but not nearly as much as I dislike UNC. It will be hard pulling for them today.
Sorry, bro. We'll be pulling in opposite directions.
I want Phlegmson to kick the ever lovin' @#$% out of the holes. RUTS on those bastiges.

UNC_Cheating.jpg

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Salemite, Clemson just missed the fg on the game opening drive and I'm finding myself unable to pull for UNC, even though I planned on it. I've got to switch my pick now. I couldn't even say go holes without feeling like I need to brush my teeth.

BoA Stadium seats 73K. Half of those seats were empty at kickoff. Of the 35K that was there, it looked like roughly 1/3rd of those were Clemson fans.

15K seems to be a little bit less than 60K, but my math might be off.

It is sold out and the announcers were guessing as much as 70-30 Clemson fans.....pitiful showing for the Cheaters.

Salemite, Clemson just missed the fg on the game opening drive and I'm finding myself unable to pull for UNC, even though I planned on it. I've got to switch my pick now. I couldn't even say go holes without feeling like I need to brush my teeth.
Haha! I hear ya. By way of confession, I am wavering. Not pulling for the holes, BUT if they barely beat Phlegmson, there's no way they advance and it might keep Phlegmson out. I'd sorta like that, bowl money aside. We don't want teams we recruit against (or need to be recruiting against) playing for or winning the natty-c.

It definitely got more orange as the game went on. Nice fan showing for Clemson. Not so much for the Baby Blues.

And you were the one who said Charlotte is a Tarheel town...laugh my ass off...
Just like you said that South Carolina has a strong recruiting footprint in Charlotte...and then proceeded to list some recruits who weren't even from Charlotte as proof?

Charlotte is a Tarheel town, but it's nice of you to argue with someone who has lived here for 15 years when you obviously haven't and don't know anything about it.

Oh...from a different post...no legal US resident shops at Wal-Marts in Charlotte. That's a very small town thing to even say, which tells me a lot. People who actually live in cities don't have thoughts like that cross their minds.

Just like you said that South Carolina has a strong recruiting footprint in Charlotte...and then proceeded to list some recruits who weren't even from Charlotte as proof?

Charlotte is a Tarheel town, but it's nice of you to argue with someone who has lived here for 15 years when you obviously haven't and don't know anything about it.

Oh...from a different post...no legal US resident shops at Wal-Marts in Charlotte. That's a very small town thing to even say, which tells me a lot. People who actually live in cities don't have thoughts like that cross their minds.
Clemson is absolutely tearing up the Tarheel state in recruiting....charlotte is not just a Tarheel town....just like Bristol va is not a hokie town....I live near one now and grew up pretty close to the other mentioned....
Nice try though...tarbaby.....

Serious question for you...why are you here? No one here cares anything about Tennessee or South Carolina either one, and are only semi-mildly interested in anything that has to do with Clemson.

Serious question for you...why are you here? No one here cares anything about Tennessee or South Carolina either one, and are only semi-mildly interested in anything that has to do with Clemson.
Because I like Tech...I like several of the posters...I like the mods....I just don't care for tar holes in disguise (hint, hint)..,, now run along song bird....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT