ADVERTISEMENT

Meyer Great Coaching Job

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
To rally from the VT lose and dominate Oregon with a 3rd string QB is a great coaching job.......Nicky Satan can eat his heart out......the Big 10 is taking over.

Sure, but why not take a knee at the end. You are up 15 and are going to win. That is why many across the nation think Meyer is a jerk.

Yeah he's a good coach, but the cupboard wasn't bare when he got there. I'd say he was out-coached by VT in our game.

This post was edited on 1/13 12:14 AM by BigDaddyHokie

LOL....give the guy some credit he won with a 3rd string QB....just think about that one. If you wouldn't take Meyer as your coach you have a screw loose.

The trophy will probably be vacated in 3 years.

Meyer proved his mettle when he bailed on Florida only to surface in Ohio short time later .
This post was edited on 1/13 4:01 AM by Hampton Roads 6

I will never like him, respect him or say anything good about him as long as he is at Ohio State. He's like a snake in the grass. Soon as NCAA comes investigating again, he'll probably do like Jim Kelly and bolt for NFL.

The guy is an absolute genius. Really not much else to say. I have a ton of respect for that guy. Turned Alex Smith into a first rounder, essentially, won a championship with freaking CHRIS LEAK, and now has won a championship with a 3rd string QB? I have so much respect for that guy. One of the all time greats for sure.

Come on hr. I saw where you talked about Vt hanging large scores on other teams instead of just getting a win by a nose. I am no fan of Ohio state but I can see why he ran the last score.he was playing a very explosive team that proved that they could score do it in short time.fifty seconds is. Long time in football if managed by sidelines,timeouts,first downs and good ply calling. Yes I would have done the same thing because their is no tomorrow,this is for all the marbles. Would it not be out of the question for any couch to say,oh we'll I'll give them a chance to come back by taking a knee. I hope we run the score on them this coming season after all we we will be playing a national champion and to give them any chance to come back would be out of the question.

This post was edited on 1/13 9:47 AM by notron

Hoos is correct . Urban did a fantastic job with this win. Nick Sabin does not hold a candlestick to him. As to running up the score, well I thought he was correct to score that last TD. If it had been Oregon and the score was 72 to 12 they would have tried to score . It's what they do. This time they got a little bit of their own medicine.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:
The trophy will probably be vacated in 3 years. Meyer proved his mettle when he bailed on Florida only to surface in Ohio short time later .

This post was edited on 1/13 4:01 AM by Hampton Roads 6
I've been banned because all my posts are childish and I can't follow rules on rival forums.
blackeye.r191677.gif

This post was edited on 1/16 2:20 AM by SunnyBeachWave

I'm tired of hearing that Meyer is so great because he won with a 3rd string QB.........Look at the freaking talent sitting on the bench all the time!

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
I'm tired of hearing that Meyer is so great because he won with a 3rd string QB.........Look at the freaking talent sitting on the bench all the time!
You are correct that he was surrounded by talent. Personally I do not care for his demeanor but what he did with his talent was a great coaching job.

After what he did for Jacob Jarvis and his family, put me in the Meyer fan club.

Ain't saying Meyer's not a good man and a great coach, as he has proved that since beating Alabama while coaching at Utah, but all these compliments need to be qualified somewhat. I don't put him in the same catagory as Nick Saban who I do not like.

To summarize the 4 team playoff: both Bama and OSU were strong and talented teams, but OSU had the QB edge even with their 3rd stringer. Then OSU was just too talented on both side of the ball for the Ducks.

FSU was talented enough to stumble into the playoffs but they were not last year's team.

This post was edited on 1/18 11:29 PM by BigDaddyHokie

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT