ADVERTISEMENT

Miami Fires Al Golden and Va Tech will do the unthinkable............

Sep 27, 2015
Give beamer 2-3 more years in order for a good new miami coach come in and get his team rolling. By the time Va tech fires beamer the hurricanes will be kicking it in high gear and Va tech will be in the basement.

FIRE BEAMER NOW

As Smitty said, this is Beamer's swan song.

As an outsider looking in I think Beamer has earned the right to finish out the season. VT has some big wins and the program really grew in his era. Hopefully VT can continue what he started.

This isn't a swan song (that happened during Tyrod's senior year). This swan is already dead and is already 3/4ths of the way to the bottom of the lake.

I don't think anyone will debate the finer points of this discussion, but I think the time for pointless hand-wringing is also way in the past as well. Like it or not, things have played out longer than they should have, but I'll say I'm glad the change will come via Babcock and not Weaver. Coaching changes (even when addressed in a timely manner) are rarely, if ever, seamless and without a hitch. There's no guarantee prior action would done more good than change now will do. As sad as Beamer's twilight phase has become, I'm still excited to move on from it and I think we are in capable hands with Babcock in the long term.

I don't think anyone will debate the finer points of this discussion, but I think the time for pointless hand-wringing is also way in the past as well. Like it or not, things have played out longer than they should have, but I'll say I'm glad the change will come via Babcock and not Weaver. Coaching changes (even when addressed in a timely manner) are rarely, if ever, seamless and without a hitch. There's no guarantee prior action would done more good than change now will do. As sad as Beamer's twilight phase has become, I'm still excited to move on from it and I think we are in capable hands with Babcock in the long term.
True, and not only that, there weren't going to be any changes in Beamer's coaching status as long as he was winning 10 games a season. One could argue that it was really Bud Foster's outstanding defense that led to the delay in actions due to the fact we were still winning but relying on defense so heavily to do so.

As an outsider looking in I think Beamer has earned the right to finish out the season. VT has some big wins and the program really grew in his era. Hopefully VT can continue what he started.

He'll finish the season.

As Beamer has said, what is best for VT. The question is whether it is a net positive or negative for Beamer to go ahead announce his retirement at the end of the season as it relates to finding a new HC and for recruiting.

Frank has more than earned the right to finish out the season regardless of wins and loses.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT