ADVERTISEMENT

More NCAA violations for the almighty SEC West

Did anyone really believe Ole Miss was signing all these 5 stars legitamatly.......just like Bama. The only place cheating pays off is Tarhole U.

I see UNC women's basketball got caught cheating on recruiting. I don't think there's too much to the allegations with Ole Miss football. I heard from a good source that someone at NCAA HQ had axe to grind.

I see UNC women's basketball got caught cheating on recruiting. I don't think there's too much to the allegations with Ole Miss football. I heard from a good source that someone at NCAA HQ had axe to grind.
Man you are drinking the Kool-Aid.....Ole Miss is dirty like the majority of the SEC.

I don't know about sources in something like this, but when I heard it I thought it odd to make the announcement just before signing day.

The NCAA timed it to be just before signing day. Word is that Hugh Freeze is one of the most honest coaches out there. The NCAA should be in Michigan, Ohio and California uncovering stuff. That's where the violations are .

1. The NCAA timed it to be just before signing day. Word is that Hugh Freeze is one of the most honest coaches out there. The NCAA should be in Michigan, Ohio and California uncovering stuff. That's where the violations are .
    Lol if you say so "The 13 violations were a recent low for the Tide. In the 2011-12 reporting period, Alabama had 27 violations. A year later, the number was 31. Last year, Alabama had 20 violations" http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-fo...ban-ncaa-violations-crimson-tide-sec-football Am I the only one that sees a pattern here?

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Bama is on the same level with UNCheat.....2 biggest cesspool schools in the US.

What evidence is there supporting this assertion?

To date UNC might be in a class all to themselves (a deep and wide cesspool). Unless I have missed something Alabama hasn't shown themselves like UNC has or even to the same degree.

Not to create an argument but is the "cesspool" comment grounded in envy over the success of Alabama? Until told otherwise isn't the program presumed within the boundaries of the rules?

Kudos to Alabama (until they get identified as a rule violator) for their success.

What evidence is there supporting this assertion?

To date UNC might be in a class all to themselves (a deep and wide cesspool). Unless I have missed something Alabama hasn't shown themselves like UNC has or even to the same degree.

Not to create an argument but is the "cesspool" comment grounded in envy over the success of Alabama? Until told otherwise isn't the program presumed within the boundaries of the rules?

Kudos to Alabama (until they get identified as a rule violator) for their success.
Bama has violations every year...try to keep up.

Reactions: Salemite
Truth be known I would be willing to bet Michigan and Ohio State commit more violations than all other schools combined.

Bama is the "Most Watched" team in NCAA. They do not cheat. Now granted they may commit a secondary violation every now, as does everyone. If I were in charge of NCAA Enforcement, I would have an office in both Ohio and Michigan.

Bama is the "Most Watched" team in NCAA. They do not cheat. Now granted they may commit a secondary violation every now, as does everyone. If I were in charge of NCAA Enforcement, I would have an office in both Ohio and Michigan.
A secondary violation every now and then.....how about 20 a year. Cheaters.....

If you want cheaters go visit the following states:

Michigan
Ohio
Tennessee

I think you need to get your facts straight before you post them as truth. I know Jones runs a clean program at Tennessee. Basically his formula has been to recruit legacy kids and get his own states top players. Nashville is putting out lots of talent right now and LSU and Ole Mi$$ are recruiting it heavily. If you look at his roster since he got there, most of his stars are in state guys or sons of former Vol players many of which also had long NFL careers. I think with our success in the mid 90's when we became a recognized program, a lot of our former players from that era have kids who are getting old enough for college football we should follow suit and focus on in state talent and legacies. In SEC if you want to know who pays $$$ for players, see Auburn and Ole Mi$$.

I agree with you that I don't think Bama cheats. Look at Sabans success and national titles. the top kids are lining up to play for him and it doesn't hurt that Bama is probably the top CFB program of all time. No bribe needed in his situation. Look how he stockpiles 4 and 5 star talent. They know they are riding the pine for a while but still want to play for him and Bama.

We need to quit this chicken little stuff if we get beat in recruiting and say well they cheat and we don't .Pathetic.

Reactions: hokiemokie
I think you need to get your facts straight before you post them as truth. I know Jones runs a clean program at Tennessee. Basically his formula has been to recruit legacy kids and get his own states top players. Nashville is putting out lots of talent right now and LSU and Ole Mi$$ are recruiting it heavily. If you look at his roster since he got there, most of his stars are in state guys or sons of former Vol players many of which also had long NFL careers. I think with our success in the mid 90's when we became a recognized program, a lot of our former players from that era have kids who are getting old enough for college football we should follow suit and focus on in state talent and legacies. In SEC if you want to know who pays $$$ for players, see Auburn and Ole Mi$$.

I agree with you that I don't think Bama cheats. Look at Sabans success and national titles. the top kids are lining up to play for him and it doesn't hurt that Bama is probably the top CFB program of all time. No bribe needed in his situation. Look how he stockpiles 4 and 5 star talent. They know they are riding the pine for a while but still want to play for him and Bama.

We need to quit this chicken little stuff if we get beat in recruiting and say well they cheat and we don't .Pathetic.
You had me until the Bama doesn't cheat line.....then it became blah blah blah.

The NCAA timed it to be just before signing day. Word is that Hugh Freeze is one of the most honest coaches out there. The NCAA should be in Michigan, Ohio and California uncovering stuff. That's where the violations are .

Most coaches are the same as Freeze but it's the rogue boosters that gets programs in trouble the majority of the time.

Saban just has a unique recruitment tool that all others envy, Come to alabama and three years later you will be a millionaire if you have patience. He puts a lot of athletes in the NFL.

Reactions: hokiezz
Saban just has a unique recruitment tool that all others envy, Come to alabama and three years later you will be a millionaire if you have patience. He puts a lot of athletes in the NFL.
He also pulls young men's scholarships when he gets a better kid to come to Bama....

He also pulls young men's scholarships when he gets a better kid to come to Bama....

Welcome to big boy football. Want to play nice stick to soccer or whatever else your type prefers. It goes both ways, sure its hard to see a school pull a scholly right at the last minute but on the flipside, kids flip at the last minute all the time and leave the coaches in a bad spot. In todays atmosphere of cfb that can cost a coach and his staff a job if its a position of need and a recruit switches last minute. Face it guys $$$ rules now and its cutthroat tactics when it comes to a limited # of schollys. But as you say blah blah blah.

The NCAA needs to tighten up on recruiting. They need to ban texting, twitter and phone calls to recruits.(maybe 1 phone call per recruit). Also need to ban tactics like Harbaugh at Michigan does, sleeping at recruits homes, climbing trees, etc.

If a school gets caught committing recruiting violations, they need to be slammed. Granted boosters commit many NCAA violations, but most of these occur after player gets on campus. When a coaching staff is aware of violations or commits them in recruiting process, school should receive a 5 year bowl ban.

Welcome to big boy football. Want to play nice stick to soccer or whatever else your type prefers. It goes both ways, sure its hard to see a school pull a scholly right at the last minute but on the flipside, kids flip at the last minute all the time and leave the coaches in a bad spot. In todays atmosphere of cfb that can cost a coach and his staff a job if its a position of need and a recruit switches last minute. Face it guys $$$ rules now and its cutthroat tactics when it comes to a limited # of schollys. But as you say blah blah blah.
Wow, so that makes it ok to pull a kids scholarship at the last minute. You do understand that when this happens the kid is in a tailspin trying to find a school that has a scholarship left to give him. I don't fill sorry for the coaches because they can up and leave at any time, yet the kids that committed to play for him are stuck unless they are willing to give up a year to move. It may be about dollars but these are still boys who's lives you are shaping, and pulling his dream at the last minute tells me all I need to know about a sorry ass coach.

LMAO.....Hugh Freeze is one of the most honest coaches.....NCAA charged 9 of the violations directly to ole honest Hugh....SEC now crying about Michigan, guess they know Harbaugh is the real deal.

Hardaugh will get caught sooner or later with the crap he's doing on recruiting. He might be biggest jerk in the coaching ranks.

I went to a lot of games at UM. I saw Harbaugh play a lot of QB. He played like he coaches . All out. He was the only player I saw in all of Schembechlers years at UM that would get in his face during a game if he thought he was right. He is a true student of the game and a fanatic on a mission no matter where he coaches. He can beat Sabin and probably will get a chance if they both stay around. Now someday he may get in trouble with being insubordinate but if not look out because he's coming.

Like I said, maybe the biggest __________ in college football. sooner or later he's going to get in hot water with his recruiting tactics. I hope it's sooner. As much as I hate Ohio St., I would probably pull for team from Ohio over Michigan.

I saw that Tennessee made offers to 20 players at the IGM Academy in Florida. I think the IGM academy should be shut down. It's a rogue outfit, along the lines of AAU basketball.
As for Tennessee, they better lookout once NCAA finishes with UNC. ( several years away)

I saw that Tennessee made offers to 20 players at the IGM Academy in Florida. I think the IGM academy should be shut down. It's a rogue outfit, along the lines of AAU basketball.
As for Tennessee, they better lookout once NCAA finishes with UNC. ( several years away)
NCAA is still in the stalling tactic they use to let the fans all forget about the seriousness of infraction(s) against certain schools. " UNC and NCAA, working together for a better and more finanacilally rewarding future".

I don't like the IGM or is it IMG academy in Florida. Its basically just a high school all star team but if its accredited, not really much can be done if they get their transfers legit. Also HR6 are Vols only one to offer these guys? I doubt it. If the talent is there they will get offers. I like what Butch Jones is doing. Its not like he's pulling 5 stars from all over the country, he's been able to keep most of the top in state players since he arrived and fortunately for him he's had about 20 highly rated legacy players most of whom had fathers who played long NFL careers. They also recruit ATL and Charlotte, NC area heavily. I also like what he has done with their preferred walk on players.

Don't let facts get in the way of your posts though. I've been on this board under a couple handles and the sheer inaccuracy of your posts always amazes me. Just because a team has success in recruiting don't mean its cheating. Butch wasn't dirty at Central Michigan or Cincy and he developed some great talent like the 2star OT who was a top draft choice a few yrs ago and Antonio Brown at Cincy. I think its silly to call someone a cheater just because hes doing well. I cant wait to play the Vols next year. Butch beat us with Cincy, and I want to see where we are in terms of rebuild. Vols have tons of talent, Oklahoma and Bama barely beat them and that was half of the playoffs. They lost 4 games by about 12 points and destroyed a much hyped Little 10 team. They also destroyed Iowa in their 2015 bowl game and Iowa played well this year with pretty much same team. I think that game shows VT where we are as a program and what we need to move forward to be elite. I like the idea of the Battle at Bristol but logistically it will suck. I want to be part of the biggest game ever but as a cfb fan, I think a home and home at Neyland and Lane would have been awesome for both fan bases.
But $$$ rule cfb.

Like I said, maybe the biggest __________ in college football. sooner or later he's going to get in hot water with his recruiting tactics. I hope it's sooner. As much as I hate Ohio St., I would probably pull for team from Ohio over Michigan.

I also cant stand OSU and Michigan. Don't know why but I tend to despise them and their fans. That being said, I don't think Harbaugh cheats in recruiting. I don't like his tree climbing, sleep over look at me tactics but that's what this game has devolved into. In a few years cfb coaches will be parachuting onto high school football fields during games to get recruits attention. Its sad really. Social media has taken it to a different level and when a recruit commits, its on twitter or instagram before its on rival. I think NCAA should just give coaching staff an allotted amount of time to recruit with whether it be by phone, social media, or in person. Then the staffs would be more frugal with their efforts.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT