ADVERTISEMENT

***** More on 4-star defensive end Jordan Williams

HokieHaven.com_Staff

Signee
Staff
Apr 28, 2016
This comes in from Brandon Lloyd of our sister site/CavsCorner.com who spoke with Williams this afternoon.

Williams says he will visit his five finalists again this summer.

Yesterday in our Most Wanted feature we documented that the Hokies/Tigers would likely make the final cut. We still believe this is a VT/CLEM battle, fwiw.

Clemson: “Coach (Dabo) Swinney has never sugarcoated anything with me. Everything is real and they don’t tell me they love me or anything like that. It doesn’t even feel like I’m being recruited by them. They are just being forward with me and when I visited, I had a great relationship with all of those coaches. Plus, the success that defensive ends specifically have had at Clemson is huge.”

Ohio State: “They were one of my more recent offers. I haven’t gotten a chance to visit there yet but there is something that sticks out about them to me. I feel like the scheme is right for me and I feel like I can play a few positions there and be able to make plays. Based off of what I’ve researched, the academics are phenomenal but I’m still looking to visit there too like I said.”

Tennessee: “The facilities definitely caught my eye with them. Being in the SEC is huge with that being probably the best conference in all of college football. I built a great relationship with those coaches and they play big time football every week. Again, with the facilities and all that they have to offer, it’s hard to go wrong with them.”

Virginia: “With UVa, I just love everything I see with the new coaching staff. Being able to watch practice and the improvements that they’ve made and just how structured everything is. Academic wise, UVa has everything I’m looking for. Plus it’s an in-state school, which helps so my parents can visit and stuff. The relationship I’ve built with all of the coaches is also a big plus.”

Virginia Tech: “Just the relationship I’ve built with their coaches and them also being an in-state school which allows my parents to visit and come to my games is huge. Just the success I’ve seen with Coach (Justin) Fuente in his past, I know he will be able to bring that to Virginia Tech. Coach (Bud) Foster running the defense has a lot of success because he allows his playmakers to get after it.

Williams breaks down top five schools

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News