ADVERTISEMENT

Move over Shane Beamer! Chris Beatty has come home!

Chris Beatty is a former high school coach in the 757 and Nova. He has excellent connections in those areas. He was the former wr coach at Wisc and wasn't retained by the new coach there. Sources say he is being hired by UVA.

He's a very good recruiter and is well respected in VA. He will make an immediate impact in recruiting and he's also got a good offensive mind. He as Percy Harvins coach in HS.

I knew the name and knew he was hs coach down there . i had lost track of where he went. i hope he not go to uva.

Also the coach who recruited Boyd to WVU and lost him to Clemson. He isn't known as a very good position coach. We seen how hiring a recruiting connection worked out with Newsome. Had to be hard up to come to a program where the head coach is on his last year more than likely. Be interesting to see if he got more than a 1 year contract.

Isn't this like his 4th different school in the past 5 years?

Edit: Sorry, correction, it will be his 5th school since 2010. That says a lot.
This post was edited on 1/13 7:37 PM by VTHokie1001K

Originally posted by 1TexCav:
This will be a long term deal. Sorry haters.
I'm sure the previous 4 schools thought the same thing. I don't think Beatty is your answer TexCav...you could have Russell Wilson under center, it wouldn't matter with Coach London in charge.

Start the boot shaking in Blacksburg!!!!
So, does that mean the Commonwealth Cup stays in Blacksburg 4 or 5 more years before UVA mounts a challenge again?
3dgrin.r191677.gif

O'Brien was supposed to be the savior of the program. I wish UVA would drop football like UAB did, and just focus on basketball, baseball and tennis.

Start the boot shaking in Blacksburg!!!!
When one comes home, it means that he's not wanted anywhere else. Definitely not good for the program.

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:

Why do the French keep saying "you just wait 'til next year" every year?
just a catch phrase they trademarked with the PTO. Nike is "Just Do It", and the Hokie nation's catch phrase is "who's your daddy?"

Originally posted by VTHokie1001K:
Isn't this like his 4th different school in the past 5 years?

Edit: Sorry, correction, it will be his 5th school since 2010. That says a lot.

This post was edited on 1/13 7:37 PM by VTHokie1001K
His reputation is worse than a Used Car Salesman with a bad breath !! And his luster in the 757 has faded , The breds has faded , London is more lame than a Lame Duck , and with this Slime ball coming to Hooville . Watch your great honor code go out the window....carry on Hoos....

Lots of haters in this thread. Jackcrow is really mad. I'm not sure what makes him a slimeball. Would you say that if he were white?

Lots of haters in this thread. Jackcrow is really mad. I'm not sure what makes him a slimeball. Would you say that if he were white?
BS to YOU ....Not Mad, just stating Facts on the man. You seem to Not understand How a Person makes and builds a reputation...Sorry YOU can't see past that....1TexCav .....carry on...PS Mad is and has never been a problem with me posting on a website...Too old and Too Smart for BS like that .....Grow Up
This post was edited on 1/14 6:50 PM by Jackcrow

.... Would you say that if he were white?
That's a douchebag comment and the first thing I've seen bringing race into the discussion. Why can't we just leave that out of it and have a discussion about his character or something more relevant.

Yeah I saw his list of committs and didn't see any name I would recognize. They must not have done well.

Originally posted by 1bburgfan:

lol call it hate but I really don't see anything special about his list of commitments . Has he ever won in college ?
lmao. a who's who of who's that?

Most of those recruits listed were from when he was at Illinois and Wisconsin. Naturally its going to be hard to draw Virginia kids that far but when Beatty was at WVU, he recruited the hell out of the state of Virginia, Maryland and DC. In his last 2 years there, I think he nabbed about a dozen kids from that region several of which were highly rated. Not to mention when he went ot Vanderbilt, he flipped a committed VT QB to the commodores.

Im just saying, were already going head to head with London. Now we got Franklin at Penn state and OSU, Michigan,FSU and Bama stealing some of the states best players. The last thing we need is another recruiter targeting the state of Virginia.

This will be a long term deal. Sorry haters.
That's fine. We signed a long-term deal with the Commonwealth Cup 11 years ago and it still has about 15 years left on its contract.

Beatty will be there a year. Hoos will win 3-4, and the new coach will not retain Beatty. Or they keep London again, which would be hilarious, and retain Beatty. That would be awesome.

Any hoo want to look at their schedule and tell me they see more than 4 wins?

Not very smart taking a job at UVA right now. But then again he switches schools annually, so I guess it doesn't matter.

Originally posted by VTSmitty:

Beatty will be there a year. Hoos will win 3-4, and the new coach will not retain Beatty. Or they keep London again, which would be hilarious, and retain Beatty. That would be awesome.

Any hoo want to look at their schedule and tell me they see more than 4 wins?

This.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT