SunnyBeachWave

Global Elite-Illuminatist
Gold Member
May 8, 2013
Overall rating= 5th in NFL
Yards per attempt= 3rd in NFL
Completion %= 4th in NFL (74%)
TD passes= 6th in NFL
Rushes of 20yds+ =Tied for 6th in NFL (including rbs)
All this while being tied for the 5th most sacked qb in NFL so far.

Reactions: HeaksManley
Overall rating= 5th in NFL
Yards per attempt= 3rd in NFL
Completion %= 4th in NFL (74%)
TD passes= 6th in NFL
Rushes of 20yds+ =Tied for 6th in NFL (including rbs)
All this while being tied for the 5th most sacked qb in NFL so far.
It's that last one that bothers me. Hits in the NFL can be very hard and over a period of time they take the starch out of you. I'm hoping he can figure out how to reduce the hits and get that line to hold up for him.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Almost all of those sacks came in the NE game (9 or so of them). Bills OC Roman and HC Ryan both said that wasn't going to work long term, so they made some adjustments for last week's game against Miami. They had Taylor drop much deeper on pocket plays (much like he did at VT), and also rolled him out of the pocket more. Miami didn't get to him much, although that might be because they just suck.

Almost all of those sacks came in the NE game (9 or so of them). Bills OC Roman and HC Ryan both said that wasn't going to work long term, so they made some adjustments for last week's game against Miami. They had Taylor drop much deeper on pocket plays (much like he did at VT), and also rolled him out of the pocket more. Miami didn't get to him much, although that might be because they just suck.

Yeah, and honestly even with the Patriots dominance at the LOS, I still didn't think Taylor played badly. Those 3 INTs are eye sores, yeah, but I mean, he was sacked 9 times and pressured even more and still accounted for 4 TDs in spite of that. If he had performed this way against Miami, I'd be a little more suspect, but he had a "bad" game against the reigning champs.

Yeah, and honestly even with the Patriots dominance at the LOS, I still didn't think Taylor played badly. Those 3 INTs are eye sores, yeah, but I mean, he was sacked 9 times and pressured even more and still accounted for 4 TDs in spite of that. If he had performed this way against Miami, I'd be a little more suspect, but he had a "bad" game against the reigning champs.
Exactly, and more than a few of the best qbs of this generation have had bad days against the patriots in the past 14 yrs.

Reactions: HeaksManley
It's that last one that bothers me. Hits in the NFL can be very hard and over a period of time they take the starch out of you. I'm hoping he can figure out how to reduce the hits and get that line to hold up for him.
I'm worried about that too of course, but what I was trying to convey is that his football IQ and situational awareness must be off the charts to perform at this level while under that much duress.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT