ADVERTISEMENT

NCAA slams Syracuse

Hampton Roads 6

Hokie Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2003
for their cheating, but in my opinion they got of easy. No long term . (no or 3 years) post season ban. ACC should follow suit and kick them out of ACC. We do not need cheating schools, we had enough of them before Syracuse came in.

The real issue is why did Syracuse get punished yet UNCheat continues to move forward with no word from NCAA.....that's the real problem.

Nice tweet from Stewart Mandel of Fox Sports...

Stewart Mandel @slmandel · 1h1 hour ago

The academic portion of Syracuse report involves collaborated corruption, yet a fraction of what went on at UNC. What will that penalty be?

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
The real issue is why did Syracuse get punished yet UNCheat continues to move forward with no word from NCAA.....that's the real problem.
The NCAA got lost in the sheer enormity of the UNC situation, the likes of which they've never seen before and they were not equipped to handle.

The best punishment NCAA can give out is a post season ban of 3 or more years. That way, it effects recruiting and most recruits will not go there knowing they will not see post season.

But then again, football recruits go to UVA, knowing they not go to a bowl game.

Swofford is not going to allow anyone to come into the ACC and out cheat the Cheats. It ain't happening boys.

It seems as if the ACC needs to create another division for at least:

unCheat,
free shoes U
Noex-cuse

Originally posted by Hoos19NC:
This is the real point to make. Syracuse reported their wrongdoings to the NCAA. Received a penality of note. Not tragic but certainly three schollies will amount to somthing.
UNC did not report themselves and has continued to operate a sneaky shroud over everything UNC. They have been found guilty of so much wrong it almost seems humerous that a school could allow themselves to get this far out of control. They are known far and wide for their cheating. They are a disgrace to the ACC and should be dismissed from the conference.. Yet, they continue to operate as if nothing had happened.
This is why the NCAA has to go. Any organization that has performed as poorly as the NCAA has over the last number of years has no right to continue .

Did any of you catch the ESPN game day at UNC earlier in which a kid wins a chance to shoot for $18,000? What's the odds that of all the thousands of students at UNC, the "winner" was good ole Roy's team trainer.

IMO college head coaches have an opportunity at each and every team meeting to tell and remind the kids not to take money or favors from folks in order to stay out of trouble.

So, the buck does stop with the coach regardless of what big mouth Dick Vitale says.

And yes, I wonder when UNC is gong to get theirs from the NCAA?

Yea, listening last night to Dickie V's love affair with Jim Boehim, kept waiting for him to propose online to St Jim...

Originally posted by PACKed House:
Did any of you catch the ESPN game day at UNC earlier in which a kid wins a chance to shoot for $18,000? What's the odds that of all the thousands of students at UNC, the "winner" was good ole Roy's team trainer.
About one in 40,000….oh wait!

That's an easy one....I would never pull for UNCheat at anything.....Go Irish!!!

How bad is the ACC trny, when you have 4 teams to chose from in the semis and UVA is the only choice of 4. Glad Diners, Drive Ins, and Dives was on.........
This post was edited on 3/14 10:07 AM by 1bburgfan

UNC alum slams the Holes in Sports Illustrated...

Graduation rates, diplomas-the very value of a UNC degree-are all in question. "Once [the fraud] affected the core student body, it became a knife in the back: How could our university do that to us?" said former Tar Heels fencer Bob Largman, the U.S. fencing team leader at the last four Olympics. "It's disheartening. That sure foundation that I had with the university is crumbling. And I don't know what it will take to rebuild it."

Debates among committee members were lengthy, and great weight was given to an inferior candidate's "character." John Shelton Reed, a UNC sociology professor for 31 years, sat on the special-admits committee in the mid-'80s and recalls three athletes-one a men's basketball player-being admitted with rock-bottom SAT verbal scores of 200. That was possible then under NCAA rules but far from the norm for most scholarship UNC athletes. Reed and two colleagues voted no, lost and moved on. "To this day I regret that I didn't blow the whistle right then and there," Reed says.

"So," Reed says, "we were admitting guys who had a lot of trouble reading and writing, and they were taking courses like Arts and Crafts for Elementary School Teachers. They learned how to make turkeys out of pinecones. But the classes met. Some [players] even graduated.

SI

Jimmy B needs a crying towel or someone to change his Depends!
dead.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT