ADVERTISEMENT

ND game thread...

no game is automatic.. i will say this for this team tho.. I think Pitt, Duke, and this ND game are all games we might have found a way to lose the last few years. I think Uva should be an easy win.. but i also thought GT should have too that come in with a backup QB, RB, AND 2 OL and beat the hell out of us.. don't sleep on any team.

I don't post much, however, with this new season coach/staff it seems to depend on mental focus and up or down status after tough wins/defeats (young staff & team).
I'm a VT fan, however, I'm nervous about the Hoos game after tough ND fight.

I think we will be up for hoos, and it is a given that Hoos do not play well on the road. But we got to come to play and not take them lightly. Since their Seniors have never sniffed a bowl game, they will try to treat this game as their bowl.

I might get with my Plumber friend and get an old toilet bowl and take it to Charlottesville on January 1. Then Hoos can say they have a bowl.

I don't post much, however, with this new season coach/staff it seems to depend on mental focus and up or down status after tough wins/defeats (young staff & team).
I'm a VT fan, however, I'm nervous about the Hoos game after tough ND fight.
If the crowd is rocking and the atmosphere is good, I think the players will feed off of that and jump on a team this is low on talent and confidence. But with Mr. Clueless no longer patrolling the sidelines, if UVA gets early breaks and gains confidence, look out.

Good win, plus anytime ND loses it's good for college football and mankind in general. I hope the Golden Dommers sit home (with UVA) come bowl season.

On paper, VT should destroy Hoos so bad, Mendenhall wishes he had stayed at BYU.
But game is played on field, not on paper. We must come out of tunnel against Hoos ready to play, on both sides of the ball, and jump out to big lead early, to allow defense to pin their ears back and go after UVA QB. We cannot come out like we did against GT and Syracuse.
Or the way we did today!

I see some of the same traits now as I did with London there. Same players for most part, and same offensive schemes. and same QB switches. UVA has some good players, but they shoot themselves in foot by going to UVA. Some of them should have gone to VT. I love to hear them when they complain about losing. They should have listened to VT's recruiting pitch.

HR when it come to a choice between UVA and VT I think it comes down to this:

If a player wants a shot in the NFL then VT is clearly a better choice; some players will pick UVA though because they believe that they won't get playing time or might not be picked in the end.

For an education I think that a player would pick UVA. Hard sciences and engineering may be better at VT but most football players are not in those majors. Humanities and the arts I would give the educational nod to UVA. This is for the players who realize they are not pro material and are looking to life after college. (Even if VT average payroll is higher out of college - Engineering.)

But truth be known, very few players pick a school because of academics over football. Football is first, academics second. If they picked for academics, everyone would go to Duke or an Ivy League School. They sign LOI for football.

I laugh everytime I hear about a UVA player whining about losing so many games. If he had gone to VT, he would be winning not whining. Why some in-state players rejected VT to go to UVA makes no sense at all. These guys are not Rhodes Scholars.

If VT can figure out a way to lose to Syracuse and Georgia Tech, then they can figure out a way to lose to UVa.

GT really isn't that bad, though, and VT's defense is tailor-made for a thrashing against a spread option attack like that that relies on a good mix of discipline and instinct, both of which we are sorely lacking (especially at LB). Syracuse was awful, but eh, that was in the Carrier Dome and to me still an anomaly.

Not sure if it is a personnel issue or due to injuries but it seems as if the defense has gotten worse as the year progressed. That is an anomaly in and of itself as normally a Foster defense gets stronger as the year progresses. The real difference I see is that we have an offense that can put points on the board this year. The real test of Justin will come when he has to replace Evans. Can he find, recruit, and retain someone to replace Evans? If he can or he can keep the offense rolling then we will be fine.

But truth be known, very few players pick a school because of academics over football. Football is first, academics second. If they picked for academics, everyone would go to Duke or an Ivy League School. They sign LOI for football.

I laugh everytime I hear about a UVA player whining about losing so many games. If he had gone to VT, he would be winning not whining. Why some in-state players rejected VT to go to UVA makes no sense at all. These guys are not Rhodes Scholars.
Reality is some kids just grow up fans of one or the other and that weighs heavy in their decision on which school to play for. Other kids just believe they fit better with one coach over the other. And just so you know UVA has 25 players in the NFL and VT has 22, so if your goal is to play in NFL either school works just fine.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT