ADVERTISEMENT

**** New VT hoops commit

HokieHaven.com_Staff

Signee
Staff
Apr 28, 2016
Hokiehaven.com has confirmed that Virginia Tech has landed a 2018 verbal commit in basketball in Wake Forest (NC) Heritage guard Jarren McAllister.

— McAllister received the offer from the Hokies nearly a year ago and has had a strong connection with them ever since.

— "I liked the way the coaches really connected with the players. Also, the first thing I noticed when I went to some of the games is the atmosphere and how into it the crowd is. That really stuck out to me. I also noticed the way the players get up and down the floor. It was a fast-paced, on-the-move type setting. They never quit really. They just kept working."

— He only had one other offer (VCU) and had interest from a handful of others. VT was a heavy favorite most of the way.

— McAllister was recruited by VT assistant coach Steve Roccaforte, but has also conversed with head coach Buzz Williams and assistant coach Jamie McNeilly.
"I've talked to most of the coaches. They just made me feel like I was at home and made me feel comfortable."

— He has been on Virginia Tech's campus multiple times.
"I like how open it is. It's a big campus, but everything feels close together in a way."

— His thoughts on Williams turning the program around.
"From what I'm seeing right now, it can only get better. With the way Buzz coaches, it's only going to get better. I love how personal Buzz gets. He's very honest in everything he does. He doesn't big-time anybody. He doesn't just want us for four years. He wants to keep in contact and continue the relationship after we graduate."

—McAllister noted that Williams sees him as a combo guard, switching him between the 2 and the 3 spot. He also knows he will fit right in the up-tempo play of Virginia Tech.

— He hasn't had his vertical measured, but estimates it's between 38 and 40 inches

— He plans to visit VT again when his summer AAU basketball schedule calms down.

—McAllister doesn't have a planned major at this time

Last edited by a moderator:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News