ADVERTISEMENT

Next year's QB

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
Word is the coaches are letting Bush take a lot of reps before the bowl game as Jackson heals. They may either leave him the QB depth chart or he may change positions just to get him on the field because he is so big and fast. With Herndon Hooker starting his redshirt freshman year, and the transfer from Kansas, Ryan Willis competing with Jackson, we may have all the QBs we need.

Last edited:
Running back rotation worries me more than QB. That and play-calling. We need a RB who's #1 on depth chart and give him the ball 20-25 times a game. Throw the ball 25-40 times a game.

Running back rotation worries me more than QB. That and play-calling. We need a RB who's #1 on depth chart and give him the ball 20-25 times a game. Throw the ball 25-40 times a game.
I see you are losing McMillian, he is transferring and not playing in the bowl.......probably not enough touches.

We have had RBs in the past that could break 1 or 2 long ones a game on his own even with average Oline play. He was not one of those. And he always had a drop when he did get the touches.

We have had RBs in the past that could break 1 or 2 long ones a game on his own even with average Oline play. He was not one of those. And he always had a drop when he did get the touches.
Why not leave after bowl game? Don’t really understand that decision.

We have got to do better with RB rotation in the future. Find a #1 RB and give him the ball. Stop doing the RB by Committee stuff.

He left early because he wanted to get it off his chest and start plan B right away. Not hard to understand. Maybe get to another school for the next semester and another team.

He left early because he wanted to get it off his chest and start plan B right away. Not hard to understand. Maybe get to another school for the next semester and another team.
Not so much get it off his chest but perhaps to check out schools during the break. Remember, he is not graduating in Dec. He has about 4 weeks to check out schools he wants to consider for next year before coming back and starting school again and focus on finishing his degree in Spring. I probably would have done the same.

Not so much get it off his chest but perhaps to check out schools during the break. Remember, he is not graduating in Dec. He has about 4 weeks to check out schools he wants to consider for next year before coming back and starting school again and focus on finishing his degree in Spring. I probably would have done the same.
A shame to work so hard all year and not enjoy your bowl game....I suspect he has a pretty good idea where he is going already.

T Mac is a class act , hope he ends up in the NFL like another former Hokie grad transfer Trey Edmunds.

1 of the QB's will transfer. When a team has this much quality and competition with literally 3 QB's that would be pretty dang good college starting QB's, and maybe even 4, it's likely that 1, maybe even two will transfer, and I can't blame them for doing so.

T Mac is a class act , hope he ends up in the NFL like another former Hokie grad transfer Trey Edmunds.

TMac is a solid dude, but he isn't getting anywhere close to the NFL. He's the worst starting RB at Virginia Tech since the early 90's. That doesn't make him bad either, because if you can start at VT in football in the last 25 years, you are a baller, but just sayin, I think he may be the actual worst starting RB at Virginia Tech since the early 90's. I can not think of one that he was better than.

TMac is a solid dude, but he isn't getting anywhere close to the NFL. He's the worst starting RB at Virginia Tech since the early 90's. That doesn't make him bad either, because if you can start at VT in football in the last 25 years, you are a baller, but just sayin, I think he may be the actual worst starting RB at Virginia Tech since the early 90's. I can not think of one that he was better than.
Well, that sucked, Merry Christmas to you too

Just calling like I see it. As a student athlete-, TMac is an A+. As a person-A+. As a VT Starting Running Back compared to all the other starting running backs at VT since 1990, he's a D- and u know it's true.

Just calling like I see it. As a student athlete-, TMac is an A+. As a person-A+. As a VT Starting Running Back compared to all the other starting running backs at VT since 1990, he's a D- and u know it's true.
I am and will always be a big fan of TMac. His running skills are as good as anybody else's but his blocking and ball security has been below average. I can't fault him for that, remember, he was a QB that switched to RB, so it is understandable why his weaknesses are what they are. But, that all goes to coaching, and if we had a real RB coach, he could have helped. I still think the kid has pure running skills to make a practice squad at the next level and depending on coaching, can perhaps even get some playing time.

How would you know? RB by committee isn’t the best way to know if he can handle the job or not.....5-8 carries a game a sub par OL.....hard to judge how good he could have been. I guess we will see next year when he’s with another team.

How would you know? RB by committee isn’t the best way to know if he can handle the job or not.....5-8 carries a game a sub par OL.....hard to judge how good he could have been. I guess we will see next year when he’s with another team.

I know what I see and watching Hokie football over da years, he just ain't as good as the others. Some things I know because they are true dat. The sky is blue. Just off top of my head from 95ish, Lamont Peques, Suggy Bear-my favorite, KJ, Imoh, Humes, Mr. Wilson. He just ain't as good as those dudes and nothing to be ashamed of. We wouldn't have a rb by committee if any of them were as good as the guys above. Wouldn't be no splittin of carries. I like him to, but just sayin, cuz ain't a great Virginia Tech RB since we become relevant in 93ish about quarter century ago, and with the way Fu has upped the game in recruiting, another scholly spot is better for the Birds in the long run at the pigskin hauling spot.

I know what I see and watching Hokie football over da years, he just ain't as good as the others. Some things I know because they are true dat. The sky is blue. Just off top of my head from 95ish, Lamont Peques, Suggy Bear-my favorite, KJ, Imoh, Humes, Mr. Wilson. He just ain't as good as those dudes and nothing to be ashamed of. We wouldn't have a rb by committee if any of them were as good as the guys above. Wouldn't be no splittin of carries. I like him to, but just sayin, cuz ain't a great Virginia Tech RB since we become relevant in 93ish about quarter century ago, and with the way Fu has upped the game in recruiting, another scholly spot is better for the Birds in the long run at the pigskin hauling spot.
Sorry I tried to read this but obviously you didn’t attend English class.....

Sorry I tried to read this but obviously you didn’t attend English class.....

Good english, bad English or old English, u still ain't listed one RB at Virginia Tech since 1992 that's been a regular starter that TMac is better than. And, I don't think ya can cause however bad da grammar is doesn't change the point that you also agree with, if you were to tell da truth.

What I said before.

His power is average to. He's big and announcers tell me and keep sayin how he's the power back and the other 2 have more of the quicks, but I never see him breakin much tackles. He can't make the first guy miss him. In da past, our backs could do this. But with Tmac, the first guy usually don't miss. I love him cauze he's burned up orange and all purple. He's a great person to. But he's the worst startin ball carrier at DooleyBeamerburgville since 1991.

Good english, bad English or old English, u still ain't listed one RB at Virginia Tech since 1992 that's been a regular starter that TMac is better than. And, I don't think ya can cause however bad da grammar is doesn't change the point that you also agree with, if you were to tell da truth.
Wow, what time does your mom make you stop playing on the computer? I don’t know if he’s your worst RB in a long time or not. I still say it’s hard to know because your OL is one of the worst you have had in a long time.

Wow, what time does your mom make you stop playing on the computer? I don’t know if he’s your worst RB in a long time or not. I still say it’s hard to know because your OL is one of the worst you have had in a long time.

Ahh, so you trackin back? So, you shiftin now to sayin you don't know if he's the worst RB in a long time or not. I see. Well, let me tell ya.....he is. And one more thing, if you don't know, then keep those fingers in slow-mo and don't be jabbering on a subject you ain't knowin jack about.

Ahh, so you trackin back? So, you shiftin now to sayin you don't know if he's the worst RB in a long time or not. I see. Well, let me tell ya.....he is. And one more thing, if you don't know, then keep those fingers in slow-mo and don't be jabbering on a subject you ain't knowin jack about.
Sorry Notty, it is not that we (Hoos and I) disagree with what you are saying. Its just that we are having a hard time understanding what you are writing here. If fact, I had to get help from by 17 year old daughter to understand some of what you have written. Oh well, I guess it is generation thing. Hoos and I are probably too old to have a conversation with you. :)

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Sorry Notty, it is not that we (Hoos and I) disagree with what you are saying. Its just that we are having a hard time understanding what you are writing here. If fact, I had to get help from by 17 year old daughter to understand some of what you have written. Oh well, I guess it is generation thing. Hoos and I are probably too old to have a conversation with you. :)

I wuzzant trying to go all convo and changing ideas and thoughts with one another. There don't need to be no convo on this. TMac is da worse starting VT runner since early 1990's and it's true, and Hooz ain't really argued up that one. He went on the O and took some swings and right handed jabs, but he ain't dizproved the point. Dats cause true it is.

I wuzzant trying to go all convo and changing ideas and thoughts with one another. There don't need to be no convo on this. TMac is da worse starting VT runner since early 1990's and it's true, and Hooz ain't really argued up that one. He went on the O and took some swings and right handed jabs, but he ain't dizproved the point. Dats cause true it is.
It’s like listening to Charlie Browns teacher.....except I have a chance of understanding her.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT