ADVERTISEMENT

Only one tailback had a carry the whole game?

SunnyBeachWave

Global Elite-Illuminatist
Gold Member
May 8, 2013
I swear, I think the coaches are spiteful. Why would they keep running Tmac even in that last drive where the intention was to just run him in to the line to kill time after he's already had 30 meaningful carries and not a single other rb had one? Is that odd or is it just me? Risking injury to our best back seems kind of stupid and at the very least we're killing his ypc avg, but man this was really strange.

Reactions: Hokie81
Agree 100%, just because he's now the man doesn't make sense to exclusively use him, why not JC or Edmunds or Motley...

Yea I thought Edmunds should get some work late also. Especially after the bad call where TMac got hit by LB52 and clearly dropped the ball.

Going from a 4-back committee to Tmac getting the whole load (minus rogers couple carries) is calculated and absolutely preposterous. It's as if someone is saying eff you to the fanbase and local media for calling the coaches out in interviews and on radio. I read a few articles mentioning the fans "being right" about playing Tmac more after the first game where he blew up. AMac, Bitter and the site staff here all made comments implying the fans were right all along. I'll be glad when this season is over and looking forward to change.

It is weird isn't it? First they wouldn't stop shuttling RB's in and out and now they wont sub for a guy who has left it all out there on the field . I thought my gosh ,they are running the same play over and over.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT