ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Thread

We're not ready to start conference play. We're in shambles right now.

Our usually competent defense is playing like a shadow of its typical self and incompetence from our coaching staff is leaving our players not in the best position to succeed. I love our Hokies but this feels as bad as it's been in a long time.

Yeah between your huge and fast RB and a QB that runs keepers I'm worried about this upcoming game.

At least its a home game.

This is another game we should win easily, but.....................................................we have lost a lot of these games .

Yeah between your huge and fast RB and a QB that runs keepers I'm worried about this upcoming game.

At least its a home game.

If you are talking about James Connor at RB. He is most likely out for the year and won't be playing this game. We have a solid trio of RBs behind him, but they are young, and no one has stepped up as of yet.

The QB you faced last year, Chad Voytik, is no longer our starter. Nathan Peterman is our new starter. He was a graduate transfer from Tennessee. He has been up and down, but shows more promise as a passer. He is still athletic and can move, but not to the same extent Voytik can. Don't expect to see the designed QB runs you saw last year.

Do you guys have any update on Fuller? I know he sat out against ECU. As a Pitt fan, it would obviously be better for us if he was out. However, as a fan of college football, I really want to see Boyd go up against one of the best CBs in the country.

From what I hear, Fuller is doubtful for Pitt while his knee sprain mends, and our MLB (Andrew Motuapuaka) is trying to work his way back since his backup may be out for the first half due to a bogus targeting call from the last game. That suspension is under appeal and I'm not sure what the time table is to know who will be playing that spot right now. It could be a T-Fr. that we were really hoping to RS this year or it could be another shuffled puzzle piece.

TLDR; Fuller out and MLB unknown.

Is this a bowl game?

I'll never understand how a team can show up so ill-prepared and not ready to play every other week like this one does.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
I agree hokiemtc. We should blow Pitt off the field. I see TCU QB threw 3 TD passes in First Quarter. Why don't we have an offense like that. We fiddle fart around too much with false start penalities and 3 yard runs.

Looks like the defense didn't bother to come out after halftime. If I played like them, I probably wouldn't bother, either.

When your only running game is more east west instead of north south then the middle is not respected... DL pinned their ears back because they never had to look for the run. You know if a bum sitting here on his couch knows exactly what our offense is going to do every play and calling it out before they even snap it, then I know the coaches making millions to figure it out know.. our offense is always so bad.. Not fun to watch football when VT plays like this.

They need to line up pull a guard and hand the ball to 34 going down hill. I love JC great kid.. but needs to be a role player... not our starter. Also more rub routes and have a check down..

I agree hokiemtc. We should blow Pitt off the field. I see TCU QB threw 3 TD passes in First Quarter. Why don't we have an offense like that. We fiddle fart around too much with false start penalities and 3 yard runs.

Curious to why you think you should "blow Pitt off the field".. I am not flaming, but Pitt has beat Beamer's team 6 of the last 7.. and has a very strong recruiting base in WPA.. logic?

I completely disagree with that, but a lot of people feel that way because of the size of the two programs. But if you follow that logic, then TCU should not be blowing away mighty Tejas what now seems like an annual event.

Most embrassing offensive performance in history of VT football. I think we had 100 yards total offense. 91 passing and 10 rushing. We have no concept of how to move the football. The defense played well enough to win. When you hold a team to 17 points, you should win.

Size of the two programs? Ya think? See-- I can make an argument that it is perception... .. VT has clearly had better records the last 20 years.. no doubt!.. But Pitt has STORIED tradition, and have put so much HIGH-end NFL caliber talent in the league that it is mind-boggling... 4 of the NFLs biggest stars are Pitt guys...

Most embrassing offensive performance in history of VT football. I think we had 100 yards total offense. 91 passing and 10 rushing. We have no concept of how to move the football. The defense played well enough to win. When you hold a team to 17 points, you should win.

As an outsider, it always amazes me how Beamer gets away year after year with an average or worse passing game.. I don't get the lack of QB recruiting, coupled with the system.

Beamer wants to run ball and punt or kick a field goal. At any rate, a QB change is needed prior to next game. Give Lawson the start and have him air out the ball downfield..................but give him time to throw.

Size of the two programs? Ya think? See-- I can make an argument that it is perception... .. VT has clearly had better records the last 20 years.. no doubt!.. But Pitt has STORIED tradition, and have put so much HIGH-end NFL caliber talent in the league that it is mind-boggling... 4 of the NFLs biggest stars are Pitt guys...
I agree with you Joe, I think we are both saying the same thing....people think that we are big and so we should blow away Pitt, when that is not the case in reality. As for 4 of the biggest NFL stars, I can only name Dorsett, Marino, who are you referring to as the other two? Sorry, about my ignorance.

I agree with you Joe, I think we are both saying the same thing....people think that we are big and so we should blow away Pitt, when that is not the case in reality. As for 4 of the biggest NFL stars, I can only name Dorsett, Marino, who are you referring to as the other two? Sorry, about my ignorance.
See.. that's what I mean... .Revis, Aaron Donald, Shady McCoy, Larry Fitzgerald.. Those are only current players.... Curtis Martin, Rickey Jackson, Mike Ditka, Marty Schottenheimer, Hugh Green, Chris Doleman, Ironhead Heyward, Jimbo Covert, Bill Fralic, Jim Sweeney, Mark May, Russ Grimm.. and that is literally.. a tip of the iceberg.... 9 NFL hall of famers..

Reactions: DABURGHFAN
Maybe you guys just need a new Offensive Coordinator to get the ball moving.

We need a new coaching staff, not just an OC. Never want to see it but a wheels falling off the bus type of season may be what it takes to get the AD to nudge Frank out the door. We were pretty much a non-entity when Frank took over. First several years were God-awful bad. If he continues, the team will look just as bad when he finally decides it's time. Business decision for our AD. It's time for change.

Something is wrong. 100 yards of offense is pitiful. Heck, there are probably high school teams that could put up more than that against Pitt. granted Pitt appears to have a good defense, but a team needs to call plays to counter a good defense. make adjustments, change personnel, whatever is needed, do it.

I don't understand why after all these years we can't get offensive line play. You would think that Frnak or somebody would have put emphasis on this by now and fixed the problem. Year after year our offensive line sucks. You can't run if the line is stuffed every time, you can't pass when the defenders are in your face all the time. Why can't we get an offensive line that is even marginal?

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT