ADVERTISEMENT

Prayers Needed

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
I know this is a sports board and I'm the pesky Hoo that want go away, but I need your help. My beautiful Hokie wife (Melody) has a brain tumor, they are optimistic that it is benign but we want know for sure until it is removed. Not sure yet when they will remove so it's an anxious time for our family. Your prayers would be much appreciated. Thanks

I know this is a sports board and I'm the pesky Hoo that want go away, but I need your help. My beautiful Hokie wife (Melody) has a brain tumor, they are optimistic that it is benign but we want know for sure until it is removed. Not sure yet when they will remove so it's an anxious time for our family. Your prayers would be much appreciated. Thanks
That gives a pause to all your friends on here. We will be with you.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6

You're in the right place. My wife was just treated for cervical cancer at UVa and she's now cancer free. The Drs. were just the best even if most of em were Hoo's.
Prayer and positive attitude are powerful.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Hoos, you are definitely a family member on this board. My wife and I will definitely keep you guys in our prayers. I wish you and Melody all the best. Keep us posted.

Hoos, you are definitely a family member on this board. My wife and I will definitely keep you guys in our prayers. I wish you and Melody all the best. Keep us posted.
Thanks, we found out today the surgery will be either the 1st or 2nd week in October. She is doing awesome....her toughness reminds of a Bud Foster goal line stand!!

We pray for the fulfilling of the promise that all things are for our good... Jer 29:11 NLT. We pray for the perfection that Jesus sees in us. All will be well!

Absolutely dude!! Keep us updated and think positively! :)

Prayers for you my brother. All things are possible through Christ. My daughter is a 2 time cancer survivor (cervical cancer), who has had 2 additional children after they told her it was impossible. NOTHING is impossible for God.

Thought I would give you an update....Melody will have a procedure Wednesday the 11th to stop the blood flow into the tumor. They will then remove the tumor on Thursday the 12th, said it will take about 8 hours to remove. Appreciate your thoughts and prayers.

Did you say the doctors thought it was benign? Hope so. Wishing Melody the best and hoping for a successful procedure and speedy recovery.

Did you say the doctors thought it was benign? Hope so. Wishing Melody the best and hoping for a successful procedure and speedy recovery.
They are now saying they feel 90% plus that it is benign, which is great news. It is larger than a golf ball and that will make removing a little tougher. Thanks for well wishes.

I pray it is benign and also that all goes well on the 11th.

And do keep us informed about the time and place as we get closer.

God Bless.

Prayers for your wife and also the victims of the Mandalay Bay shooting. I full and speedy recovery for all I pray

Mrs. Birdie is going to be fine . She has big Black Friday plans to spend lots of Birdie's money shopping that morning and then having Birdie taking her to watch another Hokie victory . Lets Go Melody

Mrs. Birdie is going to be fine . She has big Black Friday plans to spend lots of Birdie's money shopping that morning and then having Birdie taking her to watch another Hokie victory . Lets Go Melody
Thanks Burg....her vision is so bad she can’t wait to get this done. She misses seeing how pretty I am each day.....

A UVA grad and pretty too! What a catch!

After Melody is 100% again we need to let her see more pretty from this board.

God is Great!!! Melody came through a 10 hour surgery like a champ. They got all of the tumor and she is doing so good. Surgery Thursday and Home already, exhausted but doing awesome. I want to Thank you guys for the Well wishes and prayers!!!

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT