ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for Spring Practice

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
QB Bush- With a leg up on our talent already in town with his experience, and showing decent skills on tape, me thinks there will be a 2 way battle for QB that lasts thru Spring and into Fall practice like last year.

Keene- He is a big, tall, fast kid that did everything for his team in HS. He played RB, LB, HB etc and can step right in for VT's O as he already knows how to take hand offs or catch the ball in space and make things happen. To me, he's like Bucky Hodges but he already knows his position on the Tech O. With his size, I loved his tapes at RB and LB.

Hunter- Already a VT DB body and with his size, speed and nose for the ball he can play this Fall.

Pimpleton- Coach F already knows this guy has dazzling speed and moves and we may see him receiving punts and kickoffs and maybe in the O with WR screens and reverses. He runs around defenders or cuts back on them so fast they can't react. He has big play ability every time he touches the ball. He'll be our Percy Harvin.

Farley- A fast, high school sprint man in track and field he will shine on special teams and maybe on O as a WR because he has the speed to get down field past DBs.

McClease- Hurt last year he will be ready to compete for time this year.

Wheatly- This JUCO transfer looked very fast and elusive against decent prep school talent and he may surprise in Spring practice.

Last edited:
If there is a qb battle it will be between Jackson and Hooker, Jackson's job to lose . What I'm interest in seeing is who steps up on the oline, and who Charlie can find to step up at DE. Look Peoples to carry the ball and Patterson to shine at WR.

On another website the writer says Farley, Pimpleton and Keene are impressing. Some of what I predicted.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT