ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting is a cold evil torment -recruits may think they are in control.

vtdiehard

Signee
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2013
and it can be pretty much the case if they are a 4* or 5* recruit for top programs......IF THEY HAVE TAKEN CARE OF BUSINESS IN THE CLASSROOM & are behaving themselves.....

... Without beating issues to death after almost 2+ decades of solid? VT football.... our program is no longer an elite program. The story of the program in the post Michael Vick era is one of complacency (except on the defensive side of the ball). Special teams was once a hallmark for VT---but it too has settled for malaise. Holding a well attended national coaching clinic and telling all the secrets about special teams was pretty lame move- resulting in just so-so performance in that area. and teams flipping the table on VT.. Duke took notice and helped blocked kicks & punts when making its coming out move under Cudcliffe to flip tables on VT in an upset win in BBurg 23-22----after VT led 22-0.,

After a season in the mid -2000's went thru disrespect & disruptive behavior behind the scenes.... VT decided to go after choir boys with no drama and settling & sometimes celebrating .500 or slightly better seasons going to a bowl----that seems now to be the benchmark of satisfaction & success.

if VT were a horse in the Kentucky Derby----it would considering finishing in the middle of the pack as a success.--- and it shows in recruiting.... We have had some highly desired players show a lot of interest in VT and even commit.......but the real powers OSU, Clemson, FSU Big Ten?'s , SEC's & other programs with a national name or better cache sit back and let us identify top recruits .....only to easily take them away like taking candy from a baby..... see Kareem Fielder (which you will when OSU & its fans roll into bburg with an 60% red & gray vs O&M stadium tint. I gave up 30+ years of family seasons five years ago---health & retirement. I keep hearing from several neighbors/friends/ former colleagues who say that OSu fans tossing big bucks & many hokies selling the OSU tickets to cover the cost of the rest of this upcoming season's games..

For me, because of health concerns, I record games---if VT wins, I watch---if not, I usually don't.watch the game nor read the paper......unfortunately, I have to dodge neighbors for about a week as many will want to talk (more like fuss) about it.......like I'm doing now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News