ADVERTISEMENT

Richt to Miami done deal

I like him a lot...wish we would've gotten him at Carolina...oh well.....Tech and Miami will now begin to build where they need to be and put those North Carolina schools back in the basement of ACC football....

It's a sad day when UNC is playing Clemson for the ACC Championship....

For the sake of the ACC, hope Clemson wins....

Must be why he is in c-ville right now letting them know.
I think Richt would have been a perfect fit for UVA. Would have stayed there a long time. Sadly, I've heard Lane Kiffin is their first choice. Hope that's just a rumor. Wouldn't do much for the ACC.

Lane "I'll Jump Ship at the First Chance'" Kiffin. He's only about hi,self and an ego that's feeds him constantly. What a waste.

You would think that the Canes would have gone after a coach that could actually utilize the elite talent that they get.

IF he can get 10 wins at Miami. Im not too sure I would put alot of stock into 10 wins at UGA.The SEC East is a shell of its former self. During the same time UGAs recruiting classes ranked #5,#6,#7,#12,#12,#5 yet they have only won the East twice and always seemed to lose to teams they shouldnt why winning 1-2 good wins. Look at their wins this year as example..ULM,Vandy,USCe,Southern,Mizzu,UK,Aub,Ga Southern and GT. Not exactly overwhelmingly impressive considering the recruiting classes they have.I honestly dont see a marked improvement from Goldens 8-4 record this year. Just saying, I think the Canes could have done better.

Put it like this, there are a handful of coaches that would scare me at Miami ( Bobby Petrino, Mike Leach off the top of my head). Mark Richt, not so much.

Interestingly enough, I thought it looked like a top notch hire to me when I heard it, but one of the 'Canes boards has been in meltdown mode ever since the announcement. They are split 50-50 on that board as to whether it is pending brilliance or pending disaster.

The argument against seems to be that he had top 10 talent the entire time he was at UGa and ended up with painfully little to show for it. The argument for seems to be that he'll also have top 10 talent at Miami, but the ACC isn't half the conference the SEC is so he'll navigate the waters a lot easier.

Somehow I'm failing to see where the SEC is a lot better conference than the ACC is, so the argument for seems to be on shaky ground to me.

They got a very good man and a darn good coach. Miami may never be back to their old dominating teams they had but he will do a good job of making them relevant./

Its a "clean" hire. Im not confident that Richt is the man to restore "the U", but at least he will run a decent program and keep the program out of trouble.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT