ADVERTISEMENT

Seahawks made 2 bad plays to give the game away

BigDaddyHokie

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2007
2nd and goal from the 2 with 30 seconds to play and you throw it? (Great play by the NE defender)

Then they have a chance to stop Brady in the end zone and get a safety and 2 points and the ball back after a free kick with some time and #72 jumps off side.

Tonight I feel blessed to have witnessed a part of sports history...the dumbest play to ever be called in a Superbowl!

With a bulldozer like Marshawn Lynch in the backfield & a yard & a half to go plus a time out & you thow a pass over the middle into traffic?? Then you commit TWO penalties in a row basically handing the game to the Patriots. WOW!! Just absolutely Inexcusable in a game of that magnitude.

In the "You can't make this $h!t Up" category...

"It's not the right matchup for us to run the football," he said, "so on second down we were throwing the ball really to kind of waste that play." Pete Carrol

rolleyes.r191677.gif

Originally posted by PACKed House:
In the "You can't make this $h!t Up" category...

"It's not the right matchup for us to run the football," he said, "so on second down we were throwing the ball really to kind of waste that play." Pete Carrol

rolleyes.r191677.gif
When I watched the game in real time, I thought it was a terrible call. Sometime during the night, I realized a pass was not in itself a bad call, but that pass over the middle was, for sure. They should have thrown a fade or a safer play.

They really blew it by losing their two timeouts by not having their act together a few moments earlier.

Had they done a safer pass if it's complete it's a TD, if incomplete, it's essentially a timeout which would have given them two more plays from the one with a timeout in between, not bad. They just picked too risky a pass play.

However, the riskiness they displayed at the end of the first half worked and they looked brilliant. Great, great game.

The NE defense basically handed Seattle a TD at end of first half. I got mad and never watched anymore of the game.

Originally posted by BigDaddyHokie:
2nd and goal from the 2 with 30 seconds to play and you throw it? (Great play by the NE defender)

Then they have a chance to stop Brady in the end zone and get a safety and 2 points and the ball back after a free kick with some time and #72 jumps off side.
Seattle's last play reminded me of FranknStiney football. B0nehead call

Granted most gurus think Seattle should have ran ball, but if they had, there is no guarantee they would have scored. NE did have their goal line defense in. Most people do not give the DB credit for making a great play.

Can't stand the Patriots....was really hoping they would lose (like most of us Indy Colts fans) End of game was painful. That team is just plain annoying. Good thing there was some snow to shovel to burn up frustration.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT