ADVERTISEMENT

Shane Beamer. Different..Different and more Different

lucustookis

All-American
Jul 7, 2007
The VT football team against Cinci. Did they look prepared? Kind of that 1990s early 2000s intensity? Shane Beamer with smacks on the helmets and even a chest bump? Yon could see the obvious fire and want to...playing every play like its their last and the OL wickedly firing off the ball with anger and intensity. Notice the confidence or the culture on the VT sidelines with everyone vested? That is COACHING. I will repeat...Shane Beamer should be a top 3 candidate for the next HC at VT. Remember how "out there or insane", ole Lucus was 4 months ago when I told you...Shane Beamer would not be a bad choice at VT as the Head Coach and was one of my top 3 preferences? Like most things yours truly writes...yes it may be three years ahead of the masses, but give it time as it will come to fruition . Within one year of this post, ShaneBeamer will be a regular or common name among a gigantic portion of this fan base in which he will be considered a serious contender for the next HC at VT. Shane is a natural leader and he is extremely motivated and desperately does not want the brand of VT football to slip. He knows what he does NOT know having been under Spurrier and this means....he is savvy and sharp enough to get solid coordinators. With this written...I will restate...I want Coach Frank Beamer to retire now or be forced to retire right now. Actually...two years ago would have been my preference and this has not changed. I also do not want Shane Beamer as my first choice. I have as my first choices, Doc Holiday or Bud Foster followed by Bobby Wilder from ODU followed by Shane Beamer. The above are my opinions only. To sum up my post....Shane Beamer will be a legitimate consideration for the next HC at VT and just 3 months ago, he was not considered such by the overwhelming portion of our fan base. Give it time though and watch and see.

This post was edited on 12/30 11:55 PM by lucustookis

Originally posted by lucustookis:
I will repeat...Shane Beamer should be a top 3 candidate for the next HC at VT....
like the old man, shane knows nada about football

VT is bigger than thinking Shane Beamer being in a top 3 list , IMO. And I feel sure Whit and VT is looking farther up the food chain .

The VT football team against Cinci. Did they look prepared? Kind of that 1990s early 2000s intensity? Shane Beamer with smacks on the helmets and even a chest bump? Yon could see the obvious fire and want to...playing every play like its their last and the OL wickedly firing off the ball with anger and intensity. Notice the confidence or the culture on the VT sidelines with everyone vested? That is COACHING. I will repeat...Shane Beamer should be a top 3 candidate for the next HC at VT. Remember how "out there or insane", ole Lucus was 4 months ago when I told you...Shane Beamer would not be a bad choice at VT as the Head Coach and was one of my top 3 preferences? Like most things yours truly writes...yes it may be three years ahead of the masses, but give it time as it will come to fruition . Within one year of this post, ShaneBeamer will be a regular or common name among a gigantic portion of this fan base in which he will be considered a serious contender for the next HC at VT. Shane is a natural leader and he is extremely motivated and desperately does not want the brand of VT football to slip. He knows what he does NOT know having been under Spurrier and this means....he is savvy and sharp enough to get solid coordinators. With this written...I will restate...I want Coach Frank Beamer to retire now or be forced to retire right now. Actually...two years ago would have been my preference and this has not changed. I also do not want Shane Beamer as my first choice. I have as my first choices, Doc Holiday or Bud Foster followed by Bobby Wilder from ODU followed by Shane Beamer. The above are my opinions only. To sum up my post....Shane Beamer will be a legitimate consideration for the next HC at VT and just 3 months ago, he was not considered such by the overwhelming portion of our fan base. Give it time though and watch and see.

Despite your obvious brilliance, is there any reason other than his name that would make Shane a candidate for HC at an aspiring big-league football school? Has he been an OC or DC? Has he proven himself with a small program, and progressed from there? Does he have proven credentials for recruiting and/or developing top tier talent?

Don't get me wrong, I like Shane. He's personable, young, relates well to athletes, stirs the troops on gameday. Based on one game, he might have special teams talent. But the only reason he's even at Virginia Tech is his name.

Originally posted by Windows NT:

I will repeat...Shane Beamer should be a top 3 candidate for the next HC at VT....
I'm not saying Shane should be the coach, but that is a top ten stupid post. BTW,didn't MSFT stop calling their OS NT in 1996 or so? Get a new moniker, maybe you'll make more sense. Happy New Year!

Yeah I like the way that the team was prepared and how they played also. If Shane Beamer was responsible than so be it but perhaps all the assistant coaches had a hand in it.

Albeit talented, Shane needs experience as a head coach on a lower level program before he should be considered for a HCing position.

I wish Foster will ascend to HC one day and keep what talented coaches we have and purge the rest.

The Bowl game wa the best that I have seen our team prepared this year including OSU. Great job at OSU but our ST's were not nearly as good as they were against Cinn. Neither was our running attack. Even SL's game plan with adjustments was a lot better.
I give SB full credit for doing a great job of getting our team up and running.

This post was edited on 12/31 2:12 PM by leeanderthal

Bill Stewart got the head coaching job for WVU after an impressive bowl win. Didn't work out so well.

Shane is not on the list of potential coaches to replace Frank.

Shane Beamer would be a great coach for Union High School in Big Stone Gap. Just because his last name is Beamer and he chest bumps with players doesn't make him anywhere near qualified to be the next head coach at VT.

Originally posted by Flashman:
Shane Beamer would be a great coach for Union High School in Big Stone Gap. Just because his last name is Beamer and he chest bumps with players doesn't make him anywhere near qualified to be the next head coach at VT.
Agreed and let me back that up with a big "HELL NO". He better not get the hc or I'd quit VT football altogether. How about letting him do something, anything at VT before being talked about as hc. Would be nice if he would live up to his recruiting prowess and be given coaching duties where he can actually be effective.

Shane has done as much as Dabo ever done prior to becoming a head coach and besides, achieving success at other levels doesnt automatically make one a competant head coach in div1 college football(see Brady Hoke and Charlie Weis).
Chan Gailey, Phil Fulmer, Sylvester Croom, Steve Spurrier...thats a nice group to learn the game from.

What Frank is lacking, I think Shane could bring(meaning Frank has nothing to prove and Shane would). Keep the ol man in the box, let Bud do his thing on defense and see what the younger Beamer can do on the sideline. Im sure there are better candidates but how would they adjust to Bud and Frank as adviser to the program even after he retires? At least with Shane you avoid bad chemistry issues and adjustment periods that you might face with other head coaches taking over.

At this point what could it hurt?

Originally posted by bschroed:

Originally posted by Windows NT:

I'm not saying Shane should be the coach, but that is a top ten stupid post. BTW,didn't MSFT stop calling their OS NT in 1996 or so? Get a new moniker, maybe you'll make more sense. Happy New Year!
pms-ing already?

Originally posted by SunnyBeachWave:

Originally posted by Flashman:
Agreed and let me back that up with a big "HELL NO". He better not get the hc or I'd quit VT football altogether. How about letting him do something, anything at VT before being talked about as hc. Would be nice if he would live up to his recruiting prowess and be given coaching duties where he can actually be effective.
As for recruiting prowess I believe rb has more star depth than any position. I do want Shane to be the head coach at VT one day, just don't want him to follow directly behind Coach. It wouldn't be fair to Shane IMO. He reminds me of Dabo some, young, well spoken, and very energetic. As for someone replacing Coach this year, stop and think for a second, do you think Bud would of resigned without a guarantee that Coach was coming back ( health pending of course)

Originally posted by VT/UK Rondo:
Shane has done as much as Dabo ever done prior to becoming a head coach and besides, achieving success at other levels doesnt automatically make one a competant head coach in div1 college football(see Brady Hoke and Charlie Weis).
Chan Gailey, Phil Fulmer, Sylvester Croom, Steve Spurrier...thats a nice group to learn the game from.

What Frank is lacking, I think Shane could bring(meaning Frank has nothing to prove and Shane would). Keep the ol man in the box, let Bud do his thing on defense and see what the younger Beamer can do on the sideline. Im sure there are better candidates but how would they adjust to Bud and Frank as adviser to the program even after he retires? At least with Shane you avoid bad chemistry issues and adjustment periods that you might face with other head coaches taking over.

At this point what could it hurt?
Having an unproven head coach on training wheels is the only thing I can think of that would be a worse mistake than prolonging the uncertainty of Frank leaving.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT