ADVERTISEMENT

Socre - Ohio State Buckeyes vs Virginia Tech Hokies

swmrappell

All-Conference
Apr 25, 2008
What do you think the score will be?

Whereas I wish my Hokies would repeat - I just don't see Ohio State being surprised by us this year. Unless we get some really good matchups - I think they win. I don't think they will slaughter us like some people think but I think they win. I am going with 37-24 Ohio State. Here's hoping to a good game and no injuries.

38-13 tOSU over VT

I see us turning the ball over a few times and giving tOSU some short fields to work with. I also see their running back having a big game. I think Motuapuaka will be a liability for us this year...hope I'm wrong though.

Plus when has the first game of the season against a highly ranked team worked out for us? Boise, Bama, USC, etc...always lose.

24-10 OSU......I just don't see OSU blowing VT out, Buds defense is to good for that to happen. But at the same time I don't have the confidence the VT offense can out perform OSU's defense. Good Luck.

33-14 in favor of Ohio State in a game in which OSU gets 24 points off of special teams, ints, or fumble returns or short fields (less than a 40-45 yard offensive drive) due to VT turnovers. Ohio States offense will get around 10 points of which it drives down and scores, maybe 14 at most.

Vt s offense will score 7 points and our D gets 7 (either a pick 6 or fumble return for a TD) or the D gives our O a super short field (25-30 yards at most). 14 points total for VT with 6-7 of those largely coming from the work of the defense.

Total Yards
Ohio State 305
VT 240
Turnovers VT 3, OSU 1
Special Teams Play- 2 huge ones for OSU and 1/2 of a big play for VT.

Only my opinion of how I think the game will go. Hopefully, I am wrong. The story of the game....our offenses inability to move the football and lack of attention to detail in the special teams game which is reflective of coaching.

38-13 tOSU over VT

I see us turning the ball over a few times and giving tOSU some short fields to work with. I also see their running back having a big game. I think Motuapuaka will be a liability for us this year...hope I'm wrong though.

Plus when has the first game of the season against a highly ranked team worked out for us? Boise, Bama, USC, etc...always lose.
The refs gave USC that game and the Boise game could have went either way. We were tight with bama going in to the 4th qtr and they only won by 10. Those were Stiney games too. I like our chances at Lane this go round.

VT 31 tOSU 13
But only if we don't call 2 timeouts within the first 3 minutes of the game and have 12 holding/illegal procedures in the first qtr.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
You are confusing VT with Minn. VT has plenty of depth where it is needed....on defense. If we lose, it won't be because of lack of depth but because of turnovers.[/QUOTE

Sorry to but. Minny = Hokies based on preseason 2015 rankings and recruiting classes.

ESPN power rankings Hokies ranked 27. Minny 34

ESPN recruiting rankings for the past three years Hokies ranked no higher than 35 and ninny actually ranked around 40's

Like to see your quantitative analysis as a rebuttal

I dont see OSU dropping 30 plus points on a very deep Foster defense. This will probably be the fastest defense they see all season. Which is good because I dont see our offense scoring much either. Im guessing its a fairly low scoring game. OSU 24 VT 16

Vt/UK......might be the closest we have ever come to agreeing on a post....LOL

How this game starts will be very important. I'm not sure if the Buckeyes expect to win in a blow out, but I don't doubt that they would like to do so.

If the game starts of tight or with VT getting early success and especially leading, then I see it as a dogfight the rest of the way, or maybe even a more comfortable than expected Hoakie win.

If OSU show explosiveness with the offense early and is able to dominate the line of scrimmage when on defense, then I see no problem with beating the spread in an easy win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT