ADVERTISEMENT

Still laughing about the game… New season, same result!

AngryOtter42

Hokie Hall of Fame
Dec 29, 2003
Team isn't prepared and loses to another team (once again) that they should beat….

Funny thing is though.....we could still win the coastal. I thought GT was going to run away with it but they have looked very average.

Also...lets not forget we are playing with BM.....Brewer looked good when he was in there. I think with Brewer in we'd have easily won this game.

The offense put up 439 total yards and 28 points while playing in a monsoon, and Motley had 366 of those yards all by himself.

I don't think this one was on the offense, and after watching Brewer single-handidly piss away a sure victory against ECU last season, then I also don't think he would've made any kind of positive difference at all.

Reactions: Jackcrow
Sadly, ECU is a hard game for us now. It seems they own us lately. The thing that bothers me is that they "gift" us two touchdowns to start off with, then Frank, instead of trying to put the pedal down and put them away, starts making those all too familiar "game management" decisions(putting in other personnel, clock management (mismanagement?), safe calls and on and on. For crying out loud, we were running a QB keeper with just about 4 minutes left in the game on about the 30 Now, the season is up in the air. Dejavu all over again. A few other questions. Why was Coleman given the ball after his first few runs?,he obviously didn't have it today and why did they keep exposing the secondary(Strohman) instead of shifting to some softer pass coverage? We stink.

Season was up in the air before it started . Yall got mediocre talent and marginal coaching. I'll take a 10 grand bet yall don't win 8 games

Reactions: JWtruthsquad
Season was up in the air before it started . Yall got mediocre talent and marginal coaching. I'll take a 10 grand bet yall don't win 8 games
Funny how I don't recall you on here trying to make that bet when we were leading #1 Ohio State at halftime. Instead, you wait until we lose our starting QB, our defensive captain middle linebacker and our All-American CB.

Way to go, nostrodamus. You know what...I'll make a 10 grand bet with you that Seattle doesn't win the Super Bowl last year. What da ya say?

Reactions: Hokiepoke
"lose our starting QB, our defensive captain middle linebacker and our All-American CB."

I wish we were deep enough not to miss a few players.

Why was Coleman given the ball after his first few runs?,he obviously didn't have it today and why did they keep exposing the secondary(Strohman) instead of shifting to some softer pass coverage?
Bingo. My thoughts exactly. I'm not a coach but I did stay at a holiday inn express once.

Bingo. My thoughts exactly. I'm not a coach but I did stay at a holiday inn express once.
Coleman is not the runner you want to lead off with running through the line. He has a lot of talent but being first up straight ahead is asking a bit much. Mac was the runner we should have been giving the ball to with Tre spelling him if and only if needed.
ECU is a hard game for us because our coaching staff does not prepare for or recruit for us to be able to play them. This includes game and player management which sucks. But our D was the biggest problem in that game with an assist by the refs.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT