ADVERTISEMENT

Tennessee Football Troubles

Just another screwed up SEC program......except for Vandy the balance are problem children.

Yep, you would never find anything like that in the ACC. Ask coach P of UL or the elders at UNC. Both pillars of the community. Truth is we all have problems from time to time.

Reactions: Salemite
This isn't an ACC/SEC thing leeanderthal...this is the insanity of having teammates (allegedly) beating up one of their own (twice) who is helping a woman after she (allegedly) was raped and the school being under two other open federal investigations relating to Title IX allegations. I don't think you would be cool with someone saying "we all have problems from time to time" if these allegations turn out to be true and that girl that was raped was your sister/girlfriend/cousin/etc. Also, pointing at UL and UNC as a way of just saying "well everybody does bad stuff" is completely stupid.

Tennessee is one of the bottom of the scum barrel programs. I hope NCAA slams them, but they will probably not do anything to them. When a coach or staff member is involved in illegal or unethical stuff, a 3 year bowl ban should be issued.

This isn't an ACC/SEC thing leeanderthal...this is the insanity of having teammates (allegedly) beating up one of their own (twice) who is helping a woman after she (allegedly) was raped and the school being under two other open federal investigations relating to Title IX allegations. I don't think you would be cool with someone saying "we all have problems from time to time" if these allegations turn out to be true and that girl that was raped was your sister/girlfriend/cousin/etc. Also, pointing at UL and UNC as a way of just saying "well everybody does bad stuff" is completely stupid.
I'm already skeptical about the rape allegations. Duke disbanded their entire #1 nationally ranked lacrosse program over a rape lie not too long ago. I hope Tennessee doesn't pull a Duke and jump to any conclusions about anything until they know for sure that something actually happened.

Also, my local high school had a star football player kicked off the team a few years ago and he missed almost his entire senior season before the girl finally admitted that she made up the rape lie because her dad would've been mad if he'd known it was consensual.

For those Duke players and for the player at my high school...did anyone ever give them their careers back? Nope...and none of them did anything to warrant losing them. Did any of them ever even receive an apology? Did any of the girls who made up the lies get punished? Did any of them lose their careers? I don't know the answer for sure, but somehow I doubt it.

If it really happened and there is hard proof that it happened, then the players involved should definitely have the book thrown at them. But whomever is investigating this needs to be damn sure that something actually happened, because the accused will have their lives ruined if it isn't true but action is taken anyway.

Well thank you for casting the first stone. I will however say that we ,all of us have a ways to go as to how we treat our fellow man. I believe you should let the legal system determine the accused innocence or guilt. If guilty then so bet it. If not so be that too
As to the ACC SEC thing you bring up I don't understand what you are trying to say because that has nothing whatever to do with all of us having problems from time to time. Also I made no statement whatsoever about everybody doing bad stuff. I resent your statement about me writing somthing that is completely stupid.

I agree. And rape charges and jail time if guilty will not be dropped even if they leave the school. Depending On the evidence the school and local authorities make the decision to remain in school, go on administrative leave but retain eligibility as if you sat out for a year or get kicked out of school.

Lets use the Penn State rule For all coaches and school administers who look the other way or cover it up too. FSU was a joke and it was settled for $750k.i recall.

The real joke is we are still waiting on the UNCAA to do something, he'll anything to Tarhole U for their fake classes.

Reactions: hokiezz
Well thank you for casting the first stone. I will however say that we ,all of us have a ways to go as to how we treat our fellow man. I believe you should let the legal system determine the accused innocence or guilt. If guilty then so bet it. If not so be that too
As to the ACC SEC thing you bring up I don't understand what you are trying to say because that has nothing whatever to do with all of us having problems from time to time. Also I made no statement whatsoever about everybody doing bad stuff. I resent your statement about me writing somthing that is completely stupid.
leeanderthal....two things, i repeatedly said "alleged" so as not to assume guilt on the accused, so you and I are on the same page as far as that goes. And to call your comment stupid was simplifying my view on your statement way too much, so i apologize for seeming like an ass. You just came across as instantly dismissive of the behavior that was being reported on, and seemed to want to justify the whole situation by pointing the finger at two schools who had participated in unacceptable antics as well.

leeanderthal....two things, i repeatedly said "alleged" so as not to assume guilt on the accused, so you and I are on the same page as far as that goes. And to call your comment stupid was simplifying my view on your statement way too much, so i apologize for seeming like an ass. You just came across as instantly dismissive of the behavior that was being reported on, and seemed to want to justify the whole situation by pointing the finger at two schools who had participated in unacceptable antics as well.
Spoken like a gentleman. I accept your kind apology with thanks.

Good heavens...it's not just high school and college girls who make this crap up...

http://www.cnn.com/2016/02/01/europ...iid=ob_article_footer_expansion&iref=obinsite

The whole thing is really sad, because there are legitimate victims out there who deserve justice and support, but there have been so many false claims over the last little while that it's hard to take any claim like this too seriously. The liars are killing the credibility for everyone, including for the real victims.

Where the hell you guys been...UT has been "in the funny paper" for awhile now, its nothing new. Look at the basketball players under Pearl pulled over with drugs and a gun...the football players that beat an old man half to death in a bar a few years back...the "Vol girls" employed by the school who showed up at recruits HS games in skimpy clothing cheering on players on behalf of UT (One of the players parents said they wouldnt let their son around them because they seemed like prostitutes). Pretty sure UT disbanned this group under an investigation. Thats just off the top of my head, seems there have been plenty more cases of sexual assault, assault, drugs, guns etc...Bama fans said for years that Fulmer was the NCAAs watchdog that told on Bama and other SEC programs in exchange for brushing UTs shortcomings under the rug.

Where the hell you guys been...UT has been "in the funny paper" for awhile now, its nothing new. Look at the basketball players under Pearl pulled over with drugs and a gun...the football players that beat an old man half to death in a bar a few years back...the "Vol girls" employed by the school who showed up at recruits HS games in skimpy clothing cheering on players on behalf of UT (One of the players parents said they wouldnt let their son around them because they seemed like prostitutes). Pretty sure UT disbanned this group under an investigation. Thats just off the top of my head, seems there have been plenty more cases of sexual assault, assault, drugs, guns etc...Bama fans said for years that Fulmer was the NCAAs watchdog that told on Bama and other SEC programs in exchange for brushing UTs shortcomings under the rug.
If Fulmer told on Bama I'm a fan.....

Reactions: Hokiepoke
The Tennessee football and basketball programs should have been given the death penalty. They are not at bottom of scum barrel, they are under it.

The Tennessee football and basketball programs should have been given the death penalty. They are not at bottom of scum barrel, they are under it.
The whole SEC is nothing but a cheating conference......we need to move Tarhole U to the cheating SEC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT