ADVERTISEMENT

The Bun, or Ty Outlaw?

mrjolly01

All-American
Jan 8, 2005
Hoo19, I've admittedly been impressed with The Bun.

But it's hard to ignore 20 for 26.

I think The Bun just might be the second best up and coming shooter in the state and in the ACC.

Buzz had a secret weapon sitting over on that bench and just waiting for the right time to unleash him. :D

20 for 26 from downtown is incredible. I doubt many players have ever done that.

If someone were to go 5 for 8 from 3 pt land tonight, we would all call that a real good shooting night. Then, they would need to follow that up by making 15 of their next 18 to match Outlaw.

Ridiculous how hot he is right now. Fun to watch.

20 for 26 from downtown is incredible. I doubt many players have ever done that.

If someone were to go 5 for 8 from 3 pt land tonight, we would all call that a real good shooting night. Then, they would need to follow that up by making 15 of their next 18 to match Outlaw.

Ridiculous how hot he is right now. Fun to watch.

8-3 pointers in one game. That is just ridiculous. This team has come so far in the last 3 years. Whit needs to sit down with Buzz as soon as he can to work out a contract extension.
These guys might surprise a few folks in the NCAA's if they keep shooting lights out.

Hoo19, I've admittedly been impressed with The Bun.

But it's hard to ignore 20 for 26.

I think The Bun just might be the second best up and coming shooter in the state and in the ACC.

Buzz had a secret weapon sitting over on that bench and just waiting for the right time to unleash him. :D
Hard to go wrong long term with either one.....

Da bunn is just to throw opposing players off. In the national tournament Guy is coming out in pigtails.

Da bunn is just to throw opposing players off. In the national tournament Guy is coming out in pigtails.
I read where he was supposed to get a haircut before the 1st game but didn't get there in time so he put it in a bun.....his teammates said he couldn't cut it since they won. Then he said opposing fans gave him such a hard time he decided he would keep it. As long as he is making those 3's I don't care how it looks!!

I read where he was supposed to get a haircut before the 1st game but didn't get there in time so he put it in a bun.....his teammates said he couldn't cut it since they won. Then he said opposing fans gave him such a hard time he decided he would keep it. As long as he is making those 3's I don't care how it looks!!

The Pitt crowd really gave him a hard time when the Hoos played up there and it affected his game and they ended up losing. He and Jerome are going to be the heart of the team next year. He's a good kid who is a real talent and needs to lose the bun and focus on becoming a leader of the team and not make a statement with his hair the way that too many other Hoos have done the last couple of years. Maybe I'm just old school but make a statement by winning games with clutch shots when it counts rather than relying on a bun on his head to draw attention. Just sayin..

I laughed out loud.....now I know you don't watch UVA games. If you had said London I might agree but I've seen every UVA game I can't recall Guy taunting anyone.
He was trading MJ hand and shoulder shrug gestures with Joel Berry the other night against the Cheats. Berry did it first, and then Bun did it to taunt Berry's gesture. The Bun is guilty as HR charged.

That's another thing I like about Ty Outlaw. He's very polite on the court, and stays humble while he is going 20 for 26 on his 3s.

He was trading MJ hand and shoulder shrug gestures with Joel Berry the other night against the Cheats. Berry did it first, and then Bun did it to taunt Berry's gesture. The Bun is guilty as HR charged.

That's another thing I like about Ty Outlaw. He's very polite on the court, and stays humble while he is going 20 for 26 on his 3s.
But you failed to mention at the timeout following your description of what happened, Guy reached out and slapped hands with Berry. Sportsmanship at its best.....you going to tell the story, tell it all. Guy has been nothing but a model player all year but as you saw, if you want to get it on he's not scared of anyone.

But you failed to mention at the timeout following your description of what happened, Guy reached out and slapped hands with Berry. Sportsmanship at its best.....you going to tell the story, tell it all.
I didn't see that part, but I guess that makes us even then.:D

Reactions: Hoos19NC
The Pitt crowd really gave him a hard time when the Hoos played up there and it affected his game and they ended up losing. He and Jerome are going to be the heart of the team next year. He's a good kid who is a real talent and needs to lose the bun and focus on becoming a leader of the team and not make a statement with his hair the way that too many other Hoos have done the last couple of years. Maybe I'm just old school but make a statement by winning games with clutch shots when it counts rather than relying on a bun on his head to draw attention. Just sayin..

The Syracuse, VT, and NC St. crowds got on him as well, and he played well those games. I think you are giving the Pitt crowd way too much credit if you really think they bothered him.

As for making a statement, I think his shooting (5 for 7 from 3 point land each of the past 2 games) has made a pretty nice statement. Geez, it is just a bun. I seriously doubt he is looking for a bunch of attention, and I don't see how a specific hairstyle could ever prevent someone from being a leader.

I saw a photo in newspaper of bun taunting after making a 3 pointer

I have yet to watch a single UVA game on TV or in person. I had ticket offer for 2 hoo games but declined. One could not pay me to watch them

I saw a photo in newspaper of bun taunting after making a 3 pointer

I have yet to watch a single UVA game on TV or in person. I had ticket offer for 2 hoo games but declined. One could not pay me to watch them
You should watch them....maybe you would learn something about the game.

I have heard the Media say they are "most boring team in America to watch".
I'll take boring and 110 wins in 4 years any day!!!! If you understand and appreciate defense there is nothing boring about watching UVA shut down another team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT