ADVERTISEMENT

Trivia question...who has the better record, Louisville or VT?

Louisville very over rated team. Lost to Kentucky.

Evans should get more Heisman votes than that Louisville QB.

No way should Louisville get a better bowl than VT. Louisville should get no better bowl than the Muffler Bowl in Charlotte. Heck they could not even win their division. Not to mention they almost lost to a 2-10 team.

Last edited:
Louisville very over rated team. Lost to Kentucky.

Evans should get more Heisman votes than that Louisville QB.

No way should Louisville get a better bowl than VT. Louisville should get no better bowl than the Muffler Bowl in Charlotte. Heck they could not even win their division. Not to mention they also lost to a 2-10 team.
Who was 2 -10 They lost to Clemson, Houston and Kentucky

Who was 2 -10 They lost to Clemson, Houston and Kentucky
I am not sure the team is more overrated or their QB is. I watched the game and he had like 3 turnovers just during the time I watched. He had two bad throws that were picked off, the with the chance to score a game winning TD at opponents 10 yardline, he fumbled.

I am not sure the team is more overrated or their QB is. I watched the game and he had like 3 turnovers just during the time I watched. He had two bad throws that were picked off, the with the chance to score a game winning TD at opponents 10 yardline, he fumbled.
I wouldn't exactly call him overrated....thrown for 3390 yds, 30 TD's 9 int's.....ran for 1538 yds and 21 TD's. he has accounted for 51 TD's.....he will be your Heisman Trophy winner.

Not so sure. Louisville almost lost to a 2-10 team. VT probably would have best defense louey has seen.
Still can't understand why Louisville is in ACC.

I know you guys done agree with it. but Louisville is the better draw this year simply because they will have the Heisman winner. The team may not be that good.. but LJ is crazy good.. and pretty fun to watch.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
If I had a Heisman vote, the guy at Loueyville would not get it. I would go with Clemson QB, or Alabama QB, Heck I would vote for Evans before I would Loueyvill QB. Now granted he put up some good numbers, but much of it was stat padding.

If I had a Heisman vote, the guy at Loueyville would not get it. I would go with Clemson QB, or Alabama QB, Heck I would vote for Evans before I would Loueyvill QB. Now granted he put up some good numbers, but much of it was stat padding.
Stat padding.....I laughed. The young man has had a great year, credit was earned not given.

He did put up good stats, but there are 2 QBs in ACC who did better job than him.

Lo and behold, both are playing in ACC championship game.

Lamar Jackson's numbers are off the chart. Stat padding? Of course...Charlotte and Marshall blowouts. Watson is probably a better QB. Evans is very good but not in same conversation with those two guys. Heisman finalists: Jackson, Watson, Texas RB and Washington QB...RB from San Diego St should be but probably won't make the cut.

Crazy games...how did VT lose to lowly Syracuse? Louisville barely beat UVa...VT rolled UVa....yet Louisville drilled Fla State!

Crazy games...how did VT lose to lowly Syracuse? Louisville barely beat UVa...VT rolled UVa....yet Louisville drilled Fla State!
Coaching is still way too inconsistent in this league.

Don't forget that VT beat 4 loss Pitt @ Pitt while Clemson lost to them at home, and that Clemson needed 6-6 NC State to shank a game winning FG try from the 16 yard line, again at home.

I thought that maybe last year the league turned the corner with this erratic coaching, but every team in the league had it again this year.

Reactions: godabo44
VT. Clemson. Miami and FSU needs to carry ACC banner and put loads of breathing room between them and the wanna-bees.

Coaching is still way too inconsistent in this league.

Don't forget that VT beat 4 loss Pitt @ Pitt while Clemson lost to them at home, and that Clemson needed 6-6 NC State to shank a game winning FG try from the 16 yard line, again at home.

I thought that maybe last year the league turned the corner with this erratic coaching, but every team in the league had it again this year.

Why do you assume it's only "erratic coaching" and not a whole plurality of factors like coaching and personnel turnover, match-up issues and home and away considerations? I think it's more complicated than just erratic coaching. In Clemson's case and in Fuente's case, if anything, their results are pretty standard if you go by their history of wins and losses. That could even apply to Doeren at N.C. State, or Fedora at UNC.

Why do you assume it's only "erratic coaching" and not a whole plurality of factors like coaching and personnel turnover, match-up issues and home and away considerations? I think it's more complicated than just erratic coaching. In Clemson's case and in Fuente's case, if anything, their results are pretty standard if you go by their history of wins and losses. That could even apply to Doeren at N.C. State, or Fedora at UNC.
Because it's been happening for as long as we've been in this conference.

Bobby Bowden (2), Larry Coker (1) and Jimbo Fischer (1) are the only 3 coaches with national titles since we've been in the ACC, and two of those guys have been gone for a decade now.

As a league, when clueless Jimbo is your best coach and the only one with a ring, then you have a serious coaching problem across the board.

EDIT: I don't want to hear about Johnson's titles. They weren't while playing big boy football.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT