ADVERTISEMENT

UVA #1......VT #2......

Hoos19NC

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 28, 2012
Just saw an article on Saturday Blitz that ranked the 19 coaching hires.....UVA and VT ranked 1st and 2nd. That is really impressive for the state of Virginia. Others of interest....Maryland ranked 12th.....South Carolina 9th....Syracuse 7th.....Georgia 4th.....Miami 3rd. ACC ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd, really good news for the ACC.

That was pretty cool until I realized that I had never heard of the Saturday Blitz before.

It's only one persons opinion but I thought it was pretty cool the state was so well represented. Don't get your panties in a wad, it's only one opinion. I'm sure he's right......LOL

You all said the same thing with Al Grohe and Mike London!
Big difference in a proven D1 coach nd 2 guys that had never been D1 coaches. I saw Maryland hired London as the D Line coach. Looks like we both have more competition in the 757 now. The man sucked as a coach but can flat out recruit. Not surprised someone got him quick, just glad it wasn't VT or another ACC school.

Big cultural difference between BYU and Charlottesville. What worked there may not work at his new address.

Yes, but for the better.

Blacksburg is better than Memphis

Provo is better than Charlottesville

Charlottesville has the most snobbish people of anywhere I have been, except maybe Philadelphia.

Yes, but for the better.

Blacksburg is better than Memphis

Provo is better than Charlottesville

Charlottesville has the most snobbish people of anywhere I have been, except maybe Philadelphia.
You have lost your mind....stop smoking the wacky weed or you will have permanent damage.

Big difference in a proven D1 coach nd 2 guys that had never been D1 coaches. I saw Maryland hired London as the D Line coach. Looks like we both have more competition in the 757 now. The man sucked as a coach but can flat out recruit. Not surprised someone got him quick, just glad it wasn't VT or another ACC school.

Flat-out recruit? Maybe the Tidewater area, but that's it. London's recruiting classes overall were less than impressive. I do agree that Mendenhall is a very good hire for UVa, but #1? Not sure what the author of this article is smoking, but he's clearly getting his money worth.

If UVA gets some decent recruiters for Bronco they will be a force to be reckoned with in the ACC. The man can solid coach.
HR at his best. lol .

Just saw an article on Saturday Blitz that ranked the 19 coaching hires.....UVA and VT ranked 1st and 2nd. That is really impressive for the state of Virginia. Others of interest....Maryland ranked 12th.....South Carolina 9th....Syracuse 7th.....Georgia 4th.....Miami 3rd. ACC ranked 1st, 2nd and 3rd, really good news for the ACC.
Hard to take this list seriously if South Carolina's hire is ranked 9th. It should be at or near the bottom.

Flat-out recruit? Maybe the Tidewater area, but that's it. London's recruiting classes overall were less than impressive. I do agree that Mendenhall is a very good hire for UVa, but #1? Not sure what the author of this article is smoking, but he's clearly getting his money worth.
He brought a lot of talent to UVA, he just didn't know how to coach the talent. It's not good for either Va school that he will be recruiting the 757.

South Carolina did make worst hire. I not happy with Georgia's either. When a school hires a defensive guy for HC they are taking a big gamble. Offensive gurus are best coaches most of time.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Most puzzling hire of the season? My vote goes to USC. Not sure one of the top 5 most glitzy, glamorous and prestigious football institutions didn't go all out for a fb coach. They would have likely had pick of the litter. The new guy might end up winning 5 nc, but I'm perplexed by the decision to give it to him.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Most puzzling hire of the season? My vote goes to USC. Not sure one of the top 5 most glitzy, glamorous and prestigious football institutions didn't go all out for a fb coach. They would have likely had pick of the litter. The new guy might end up winning 5 nc, but I'm perplexed by the decision to give it to him.
Yeah, I think you're right. Just didn't add up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT