ADVERTISEMENT

UVA 7 VT 6 baseball

LOL....Go Hoos. Some teams know how to win, some don't. I believe ole Whitt needs to find a coach. But he's busy right now with his football Ponzi scheme.

LOL....Go Hoos. Some teams know how to win, some don't. I believe ole Whitt needs to find a coach. But he's busy right now with his football Ponzi scheme.
Agreed. Of all the people, you should know about teams that know how to win and those that don't. The last three football games between our schools are a great example of that! ;)

Agreed. Of all the people, you should know about teams that know how to win and those that don't. The last three football games between our schools are a great example of that! ;)
Amen to that....both schools have been on a par except for coaching lately.....and UVA hasn't gone up as much as VT has fallen.

VT had the Hoos beat , then collapsed . UVA won on a bases loaded walk in bottom of 9th.
Get the broom out HR.....3 games to none. Go Hoos!!! The good news your season is over and you can concentrate on the one sport your school does have.

My Pack are still playing. Adidas is making us some special cleats for the ACC tourney. They have more padding in the arch and eliminated stress from the "Heels"! :D

Reactions: Hoos19NC
That attitude is what's wrong with the VT sports program.....
And the attitude of your response is exactly what's wrong with UVa's football program.

"Who cares if we suck at the most important sport...just look at all these amazing underwater basket weaving national trophies we have!"

And the attitude of your response is exactly what's wrong with UVa's football program.

"Who cares if we suck at the most important sport...just look at all these amazing underwater basket weaving national trophies we have!"
I never said it was ok to suck at football and I'm hoping Bronco and his new attitude will start to change this. And you can't tell me VT isn't sick of being one of only a few D1 programs with zero NC's......I'll take our 23 over zero any day.

I honestly could not care less if VT has trophies in 95% of the so-called sports out there or not. Since no one watches these sports, then do those national titles even count? If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound? Does it matter if the tree makes a sound or not, since no one is around to hear it? Do the squirrels sit around and pat themselves on the backs because they heard a sound when no other animals did? Do any of the other animals care if the squirrels are full of themselves or not?

I am irritated, though, that we still don't have any trophies in football, because I think the previous coaching regime needlessly squandered a couple of golden opportunities to snag one. Basketball has never even been close to being title worthy in the past, so that sport doesn't disappoint me because there are no expectations there.

I honestly could not care less if VT has trophies in 95% of the so-called sports out there or not. Since no one watches these sports, then do those national titles even count? If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it, does it make a sound? Does it matter if the tree makes a sound or not, since no one is around to hear it? Do the squirrels sit around and pat themselves on the backs because they heard a sound when no other animals did? Do any of the other animals care if the squirrels are full of themselves or not?

I am irritated, though, that we still don't have any trophies in football, because I think the previous coaching regime needlessly squandered a couple of golden opportunities to snag one. Basketball has never even been close to being title worthy in the past, so that sport doesn't disappoint me because there are no expectations there.
Same ole BS.....if we suck at a sport it must not count. I guarantee if VT were to ever win a NC in any sport you would be on here crowing. So, stop telling yourself it's ok to have never been the best at anything.....they don't give participation trophies in college. PS....Hoos won 24th National Championship Tuesday.....count is now 24-0....Go Hoos!!!!

Last edited:
I would be happy for the kids involved, but if VT were to win, say, 24 badminton titles, there's no way in heck I'd go to my grave thinking that VT had finally made it big in the world. I haven't set the bar that low. And I can't see a good reason why I ever would.

Give me 23 badminton titles and 1 football title, however, and yep, now we've done something worth bragging about. Only 1 badminton to go along with that 1 football title? Same thing applies. 100 titles in irrelevant sports but no titles in football? Geez, wake me up when we get our act together and figure something out. We can't be this bad forever, right?

I would be happy for the kids involved, but if VT were to win, say, 24 badminton titles, there's no way in heck I'd go to my grave thinking that VT had finally made it big in the world. I haven't set the bar that low. And I can't see a good reason why I ever would.

Give me 23 badminton titles and 1 football title, however, and yep, now we've done something worth bragging about. Only 1 badminton to go along with that 1 football title? Same thing applies. 100 titles in irrelevant sports but no titles in football? Geez, wake me up when we get our act together and figure something out. We can't be this bad forever, right?
Let me sum up this post for you...."please let VT win one Title in anything, please".

Same ole BS.....if we suck at a sport it must not count. I guarantee if VT were to ever win a NC in any sport you would be on here crowing. So, stop telling yourself it's ok to have never been the best at anything.....they don't give participation trophies in college. PS....Hoos won 24th National Championship Tuesday.....count is now 24-0....Go Hoos!!!!
Here's a serious question:
Why do you come on here?
What benefit do you derive?

And MODS: there is not, never has been, and never will be a hoo board where a Hokie could post the kind of stuff Hoos19NC did here and not be banned for life. Hokies get booted for far less.

19 can be a decent fellow, but this should've gotten him nuked.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Here's a serious question:
Why do you come on here?
What benefit do you derive?

And MODS: there is not, never has been, and never will be a hoo board where a Hokie could post the kind of stuff Hoos19NC did here and not be banned for life. Hokies get booted for far less.

19 can be a decent fellow, but this should've gotten him nuked.
You have got to be kidding me.....must have touched a nerve. Ease up football is just around the corner.

Back years ago when there was a Hoo board, I got blacklisted for posting that the Tire Bowl in Charlotte was a "day trip" for most Hoo fans.

UVA has only one national championship in a sport that really matters:
Baseball 2015

Reactions: VA4VT
Let me sum up this post for you...."please let VT win one Title in anything, please".
Man you don't pay attention. What is it with you Hoos lacking such basic reading comprehension skills?

If we can't win a title in football (and/or basketball, which belongs here as well), then none of the rest of it matters. 0 non-football titles, 100 non-football titles...it's all the exact same thing. No one in this country will ever care either way if you can't get it done in the one place it really matters.

So VT needs to win that football title. You can keep the rest of them. And heck, you can shove them where the sun don't shine for all I care. Small sport trophies look just dandy sitting on the shelf beside a football trophy...but if they are sitting there all by their lonesome, then they become invisible to the rest of the world.

Man you don't pay attention. What is it with you Hoos lacking such basic reading comprehension skills?

If we can't win a title in football (and/or basketball, which belongs here as well), then none of the rest of it matters. 0 non-football titles, 100 non-football titles...it's all the exact same thing. No one in this country will ever care either way if you can't get it done in the one place it really matters.

So VT needs to win that football title. You can keep the rest of them. And heck, you can shove them where the sun don't shine for all I care. Small sport trophies look just dandy sitting on the shelf beside a football trophy...but if they are sitting there all by their lonesome, then they become invisible to the rest of the world.
Ease up with the shoving.....I bet you couldn't look any of those young men and women in the eyes who won those legitimate National Championships and tell them they don't count. I'll stand by my statement when/if VT wins a NC in anything this board will light up like Christmas.....and it should!!

Back years ago when there was a Hoo board, I got blacklisted for posting that the Tire Bowl in Charlotte was a "day trip" for most Hoo fans.

UVA has only one national championship in a sport that really matters:
Baseball 2015
I could only hope to see UVA in the Tire Bowl again......

Oh, come on guys. 19 is right. We won bass fishing and crowed about (I did). If we won swimming or men's high diving ( who cares, right?) we'd be tickled. Cut 19 slack. Yes, football matters most. Yes, they should take it to the ping pong board. Still, a nat champship is a great get. Wish we had more/any.

.....I bet you couldn't look any of those young men and women in the eyes who won those legitimate National Championships and tell them they don't count.
Like I already said, I'd be absolutely thrilled for the kids involved. For about 15 minutes.

Reactions: Salemite
Football -- beyond excited.
Basketball -- excited.
Baseball -- very pleased.

The rest? I'd definitely rather win than lose, but would't even buy the tee shirt for a natty in tennis or soccer or swimming or lacrosse or softball or whatever. No offense to any who play those sports; they just don't melt my cheese.

It wouldn't be a total meh, but I don't pine for it like I do football.

My Pack are still playing. Adidas is making us some special cleats for the ACC tourney. They have more padding in the arch and eliminated stress from the "Heels"! :D

Let me make a slight change...

My Pack are still playing. Adidas is making us some special cleats for the NCAA tourney. They have more padding in the arch and eliminated stress from the "Heels"! :D

Sorry 'Holes...but your official LAST game of the season was a loss to the Pack...knocking you out of the ACC and NCAA tourney! Man that feels good!

The selection committee in baseball screwed UNC. Heels had an RPI of 19, which is pretty good, plus they played in the toughest conference in the country. Any ACC team with a top 50 RPI should make tourney.

Reactions: Salemite
The selection committee in baseball screwed UNC. Heels had an RPI of 19, which is pretty good, plus they played in the toughest conference in the country. Any ACC team with a top 50 RPI should make tourney.

It's about time the UNCheats got screwed.....LMAO

Maybe that's the punishment the NCAA had planned to impose on UNC. Any team with an RPI of 19 should be in any field of 64 the NCAA puts together. I think all NCAA selection committees have a little bit of Hillary Clinton in them, if you know what I mean.

Maybe that's the punishment the NCAA had planned to impose on UNC. Any team with an RPI of 19 should be in any field of 64 the NCAA puts together. I think all NCAA selection committees have a little bit of Hillary Clinton in them, if you know what I mean.
The RPI is a stupid system with major flaws in logic that don't pass the common sense test. Any selection committee that ever wants to be taken seriously should avoid the RPI like the plague.

The RPI is a stupid system with major flaws in logic that don't pass the common sense test. Any selection committee that ever wants to be taken seriously should avoid the RPI like the plague.

I have never figured out why they use it to help some schools and use it to hurt others. I would like to see RPI for the final 3 or 4 schools selected for tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT