ADVERTISEMENT

UVA defense

SunnyBeachWave

Global Elite-Illuminatist
Gold Member
May 8, 2013
"Virginia allowed more points vs. Boise State tonight than Virginia’s hoops team did in 22 of 34 games last season." -Brett McMurphy, ESPN

Priceless.....

It was great to see Boise take the Boo Hoos behind the woodshed and give them a good beating. It's still September and Hoos have 3 losses. I'll be shocked if they win another game this season.

Pray we don't win again.....our DA athletic director would probably keep London if he was to win another game.......48 Days 9 hours till Tip-Off!!!!!

You guys remember we played a Boise St. team ranked in the top ten and we lost by 3 in DC, and UVA fans called us CHOKIES. and we went on to win ACC that year?.... at this point I want them to keep Coach London. I use to enjoy them losing because if he got fired we would at least be back in it with a few of the good recruits they have. Talent dies in scott stadium.. bad coaching shows big time.. Bud Foster gets 2* and 3* players with a 4* sprinkled in here and there and makes them look like blue chips... meanwhile UVA makes five stars look like walk ons. Hamm should be their starting RB, and Smoke would be an ELITE slot receiver and could be a lottery pick at that position and either he, or the coaches or both are too suborn to move him there.

college basketball lol.. you are aware that college basketball (in america @ 3%) ranks less in popularity than soccer, nhl, auto racing, nba, cfb, mlb, and nfl. (Source is the Harris Poll.)

It's pretty much on the same level as women's tennis, track & field, boxing, and golf.

As for UVA football, London is the problem, he's terrible and needs to go. If you keep deflecting and saying oh well, basketball is right around the corner, that's complacency, and mediocrity will continue.

Having an improved UVA football team helps bring awareness and recruiting for the whole state of Virginia. Having an improved UVA football team also brings in more revenue that can be used on your beloved hobbies and club sports. Having an improved UVA football team brings in more students, tourists, sporting and non-sporting events, improved state economy, and a better national perception for the entire state of Virginia. BBall might have a similar effect, but on a much, much more modest scale. Like UVA or not, having two good college football teams in the state helps the entire state.

I am not a betting man, but if I was, I'd bet the farm that London returns. UVA will probably upset one of the remaining teams on schedule, and "save his job".

college basketball lol.. you are aware that college basketball (in america @ 3%) ranks less in popularity than soccer, nhl, auto racing, nba, cfb, mlb, and nfl. (Source is the Harris Poll.)

It's pretty much on the same level as women's tennis, track & field, boxing, and golf.

As for UVA football, London is the problem, he's terrible and needs to go. If you keep deflecting and saying oh well, basketball is right around the corner, that's complacency, and mediocrity will continue.

Having an improved UVA football team helps bring awareness and recruiting for the whole state of Virginia. Having an improved UVA football team also brings in more revenue that can be used on your beloved hobbies and club sports. Having an improved UVA football team brings in more students, tourists, sporting and non-sporting events, improved state economy, and a better national perception for the entire state of Virginia. BBall might have a similar effect, but on a much, much more modest scale. Like UVA or not, having two good college football teams in the state helps the entire state.
LMAO...."if I keep deflecting"???? I gave up season tickets and refuse to attend another game until London is gone. Our AD apparently is sleeping with London, no other reason he still has a job. I love your comparisons to other non college sports, BB is the #2 sport in college and I don't need Harris to know that fact. Be glad when BB starts.

Soccer is more popular than hoops? Yea right. Take a look at the salaries in the NBA compared to MLS. Somebody is lying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT