ADVERTISEMENT

UVA Game

leeanderthal

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2006
UVA won the game fair and square.Congrats to them. They have a very well disciplined team and they should go far with it. I will be rooting for them .
This year our team lost most of our league games and yet they offered much hope because of the way they played in almost every game. I hope people don't expect them to be the national champs next year because we have a long ways to go. They will be a lot better though. My hope is that we can show up at least in the middle of the ACC pack.

Anyone who has seen VT play in the recent few years, and, has seen them play this year has seen the difference. Tenacious team D, passing the ball crisply with a sense of urgency to find an open shot, hard cuts, firm screens, passes to cutters, breaking down the D with passes into the paint and back out for open 3's, it will be VT BB squared with more good athletes in the system.

Heck, thank you walk-ons for giving our team enough bodies to have good practices and actually getting game minutes, but no established BB program should even have a walk-on team manager.

Thanks Leeanderthal, I'm enjoying the rise of UVA basketball again. I don't know how far they will go but I can't imagine any team wanting to face that D, especially if you have never faced it before. I have said many times I see a bright future for VT basketball, Buzz has these boys playing hard. But you are so right about the next couple of years, middle of the pack would be a big step next year. Breaking into the top of the ACC will not be easy, it takes consistency and that comes with experience.

The UVA players is what I hate most. I hated them when they signed with UVA and hate them now that they are 27-1. tired of seeing their tattoos and beards in photos in the newspapers.

Pathans right only the UVA players have tattoos.....you obviously have never seen VT play.

Personally I wish all sports could outlaw tattoos and beards. They serve no purpose other than to look as if they're with the Taliban or ISIS, or some other terrorist group.

With the Boo Hoos win last night, I guess they clinched an NIT bid as regular season champions. That's about all I can say for them.

HR.....if you turn the standings upside down VT would be in first and UVA last......LMAO.

HR...Sentara Hospital has a great Anger Management program. You might want to consider it. BTW, congrats on VT's Indoor Track Championship.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

Personally I wish all sports could outlaw tattoos and beards. They serve no purpose other than to look as if they're with the Taliban or ISIS, or some other terrorist group.
I've read some really stupid postings on rivals.com boards, but this just made the top 5 stupidest.
sick0027.r191677.gif

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

I'd like to see other 4. Nothing stupid about presenting a clean cut appearance.
That's not what you wrote. You're comparing a college basketball player with a tattoo or beard to a member of a heinous terrorist organization. So yeah....pretty stupid.

Re-read the post. Yup, you're still comparing them to members of a heinous terrorist organization and it's still one of the stupidest things I've read on a rivals.com board. And that's saying something....
sign0098.r191677.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT