ADVERTISEMENT

UVA hires new coach

Oops, yeah. I don't know where the other three you claim he has came from either.
I read it in one of the articles last night but looking at their schedules I only see the one meeting Jolly. Guess you can't believe everything you read on the Internet.

This is a very good hire. As to his team playing dirty,they do have that reputation but it seems to have worked. If he chooses the right coordinators they should be relevant very quickly. UVA is not without talent. Will be good to see us go at it with decent coaching and teams in the future.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Charlottesville is not a good place to raise a dog much less a family. Might be good place to raise a jack----.

I agree with Heaks here, he's a solid x and o guy which UVa hasn't had in a long time. With better the better talent at UVa he might be a threat every 4-5 yrs to the coastal and with some luck win the acc. In the meantime he'll at least have some winning seasons. Huge upgrade over London.

HR6 would be an upgrade over London.

A little over a year while I was getting my masters. Great part of the state to live, especially west around Crozet.
I lived there for about six years 10 years ago. Many really good restaurants, several good venues for music and they get better bands than most places in the state. UVA has excellent facilities for all sports viewing and there was a time it was hard getting tickets for football (and in time it will be again). Thrown in wineries, special events,ie Virginia Film Festival and, of course, all the history. Hey, I'm a Hokie, but I recognize and appreciate nice places to live. It doesn't bother me in the least that our main rivalry also resides there. I root for UVA in all sports when they are not playing Virginia Tech.

I lived there for about six years 10 years ago. Many really good restaurants, several good venues for music and they get better bands than most places in the state. UVA has excellent facilities for all sports viewing and there was a time it was hard getting tickets for football (and in time it will be again). Thrown in wineries, special events,ie Virginia Film Festival and, of course, all the history. Hey, I'm a Hokie, but I recognize and appreciate nice places to live. It doesn't bother me in the least that our main rivalry also resides there. I root for UVA in all sports when they are not playing Virginia Tech.
Nice post.....it's unreal what they have done with Hwy 151 and the wineries and breweries. Nice place to take a day trip for sure, beautiful country.

Looks like a good hire to me. But of course to be successful, any coach has to surround himself with good assistants.

I hope new coach does not get a house up 29 north of town, that's the worst stretch of road in the country. I avoid hooville unless I am going to Hoo baseball game.

I hope new coach does not get a house up 29 north of town, that's the worst stretch of road in the country. I avoid hooville unless I am going to Hoo baseball game.
Don't worry I'm sure he will find a nice neighborhood to live in.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT