ADVERTISEMENT

VT. 70. Pittsburg 67

Let's hear it HR....VT had to get lucky because they only won by 3. Good win, Curly was yucking it up the entire game.....

Go Hokies!
How many challenges has the VT BBall program had in the last 5 years?... 10 years?... 15 years? Whew.

We have a coach in place now who can lead us to the next level. After 2 or 3 recruiting classes VT will be a Top 25 team.

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

We have a coach in place now who can lead us to the next level. After 2 or 3 recruiting classes VT will be a Top 25 team.
This is very possible two or three years down the road and maybe even quicker. Glad to see them finally win one.

Good win. I just happened to catch the end of regulation and overtime. Exciting stuff. Sucks that this year is essentially a throw away year for Tech, seeing how Buzz won't be using a majority of these current players in the future. The freshmen of course. But those bench guys and upperclassmen better enjoy it while they can.

Originally posted by sknyluv:
Good win. I just happened to catch the end of regulation and overtime. Exciting stuff. Sucks that this year is essentially a throw away year for Tech, seeing how Buzz won't be using a majority of these current players in the future. The freshmen of course. But those bench guys and upperclassmen better enjoy it while they can.
Johnston and Beyer are already seniors. Other than them, I think the guys you see playing major minutes now will still figure into Buzz's overall plan next season. Its going to be nice to have depth for a change.

Dependent on how our bigs develop, I can see a distinct possibility of us still having a small line up next season. We already know that most of our guards can play - and I think pretty much the Hokie universe has fingers crossed on Clarke to be a special freshman and contributor at small forward. I think (hope) he will make a significant impact on the boards and defense which is where we really need the most improvement to take place. The real question marks are the big guys. What kind of minutes and production should we expect from LeDay? How much will Satch improve between now and next season? Will he get to the point where he can have more of an impact on the game? What will Blackshear be like as a freshman, will he be able to contribute much in his first year? Will Henry get bigger and stronger (and get some offense in his game)? Right now we don't know much about this group as far as what to expect for next season. If the answers on these guys are mostly "minimal" we will still be deeper, but remain at a size disadvantage for the better part of our PT distribution.

Yeah this is a throw-away year and much of our talent is riding the pine or coming in next year. In a few more recruiting years we will be a force to reckon with.

I like the intense defense and crisp passing and picks with a purpose.

With very little, Buzz is doing a lot.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT