ADVERTISEMENT

VT just won at Clemson 82-81. Nice road win.

ANY win on the road in the ACC is a great win.

That was not a great win. They tried over, and over to lose it. There were 3-4 times during the game when they went multiple offensive possessions without a shot. They often seemed lost. Also, if they are to continue with a zone, which I understand they must, they have got to get better at it.

It wasn't pretty at times but I like how hard they fought for it. It was light years better than the NC State fiasco. Effort and good free throw shooting got them that win. Buzz is trying to come up with a way his undersized team can defend the paint and win the defensive boards against always bigger ACC opponents. He has to win the defensive rebounds and keep his players out of foul trouble. Obviously they still need more work in that zone. The win was huge for the implications of our season. It was one of the few games we have a decent chance at getting a road win and we will need at least a couple of road wins to get in the NCAA. On selection Sunday that win may well be the difference between NCAA and NIT.

Man I wish we could recruit a couple of nice, long, athletic 6'9" power forwards like it seems every other team in the ACC has. Then we wouldn't have to play compromising defenses and just go straight m2m.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
It wasn't pretty at times but I like how hard they fought for it. It was light years better than the NC State fiasco. Effort and good free throw shooting got them that win. Buzz is trying to come up with a way his undersized team can defend the paint and win the defensive boards against always bigger ACC opponents. He has to win the defensive rebounds and keep his players out of foul trouble. Obviously they still need more work in that zone. The win was huge for the implications of our season. It was one of the few games we have a decent chance at getting a road win and we will need at least a couple of road wins to get in the NCAA. On selection Sunday that win may well be the difference between NCAA and NIT.

Man I wish we could recruit a couple of nice, long, athletic 6'9" power forwards like it seems every other team in the ACC has. Then we wouldn't have to play compromising defenses and just go straight m2m.

Couldn't agree more. Sorry for the ultra critical tone of my note. I was sweating like Buzz during that one. Well, maybe not quite like Buzz.

Couldn't agree more. Sorry for the ultra critical tone of my note. I was sweating like Buzz during that one. Well, maybe not quite like Buzz.
One thing for sure is it would be hard to find better entertainment. I'm wearing out the edge of my couch.

This was a huge win, as pretty much all ACC wins will be this year. With the nice wins we already have, I am thinking 10-8 in the ACC and 21-9 overall should be more than enough to get us in the tourney, especially when considering the bubble looks weak again this year.

So, where will the 6 more wins come from? BC twice, Wake and Clemson at home are 4 games we should win, which means even if If we lose road games at UNC and Louisville, we would then only need to go 2-3 against UVA twice, Miami twice, and @ Pitt.

It is looking more and more like we will be dancing. Even 9-9 in the ACC could get us in, especially if we get at least one more real nice win somewhere. And, if we slip up and end up on the bubble, the ACC tourney will provide more chances for quality wins.

Historically the Committee has screwed VT. The most integrity challenged people in country are NCAA Selection Committees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT