ADVERTISEMENT

VT. loses to Notre Dame

They really shouldn't, but since they are, then the reality is that a bunch of really good teams in the ACC this year could all end up with 10 conference losses. The league is that deep and that good.

Tough lose, ND is good so don't hang your head. I can't remember the last time I saw the ACC this good from top to bottom. Beating anyone is a good win this year.

Tough lose, ND is good so don't hang your head. I can't remember the last time I saw the ACC this good from top to bottom. Beating anyone is a good win this year.

"Choke......and VT has won a NC in what sport? Talk about choking, you have to be one of the biggest all time choking colleges out there."<-----your words; therefore, I feel you could not care less about VT "hanging its head." Do not say thing or write things that you don't mean. That would make you a hypocrite for doing so.

"Choke......and VT has won a NC in what sport? Talk about choking, you have to be one of the biggest all time choking colleges out there."<-----your words; therefore, I feel you could not care less about VT "hanging its head." Do not say thing or write things that you don't mean. That would make you a hypocrite for doing so.
24-0......

Disappointing, but not terribly surprising. There's a reason ND is 5-0 in conference play and let's not forget this team made a deep tournament run last year as well. The loss that still really sucks is the 26-point shellacking by a bad NCSU team. We had no business losing that game and especially not in such a fashion. Losses to ND and FSU are respectable.

ND is hard to beat and yet we almost did. Hard to believe we came from 19 behind against that team - hated to see that opportunity for a resume win slip away.

ND is hard to beat and yet we almost did. Hard to believe we came from 19 behind against that team - hated to see that opportunity for a resume win slip away.

Yeah, and the worst part of this gut-punch was knowing if we shoot respectably at the line, we win in spite of all that. Oh well. On to the next one. I still think this is a tournament team, but our margin of error is admittedly small.

Yeah, and the worst part of this gut-punch was knowing if we shoot respectably at the line, we win in spite of all that. Oh well. On to the next one. I still think this is a tournament team, but our margin of error is admittedly small.
We've probably already reached our limit for home losses, just looking at our remaining road schedule and not seeing many wins from that murders row. We really need to hold serve at home with no more than one or two road wins. We have enough talent to get to the tournament but against these teams will have to play better for longer stretches from the opening tip than we have been.

We've probably already reached our limit for home losses, just looking at our remaining road schedule and not seeing many wins from that murders row. We really need to hold serve at home with no more than one or two road wins. We have enough talent to get to the tournament but against these teams will have to play better for longer stretches from the opening tip than we have been.

With the possible exception of UVa, we should be favored in the remainder of our home games, and I think UVa is a very winnable game. We'll need a few on the road for sure and we have some chances at quality wins with @Louisville, @UNC, @UVa and @Wake. As it currently stands, even Pitt and Clemson are top 50 RPI teams, so road wins against them would be nice, but even home wins are solid -- assuming they don't all tank the remainder of their schedules.

We should be favored at home against UVA. But then again ,we almost lost to Georgia Tech, a team we should have beaten by 15-20 points.

For the longest time - having any type of home court advantage at Cassell was a pipe dream. Now the place is alive and kickin' and a fun venue for basketball. What a difference a couple of years makes.

For the longest time - having any type of home court advantage at Cassell was a pipe dream. Now the place is alive and kickin' and a fun venue for basketball. What a difference a couple of years makes.

Not to defend Greenberg, or that general era, but up until our fan base became restless from his mediocrity, we had a pretty damn intimidating homecourt advantage and even Greenberg's record in Cassell will attest to that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT