ADVERTISEMENT

VT NCS

leeanderthal

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2006
I do not know a lot about BB. I thought from what little I knew we were going to be trashed by NCS. I tuned in the game and it was just starting OT. I couldn't believe it. We won the game and from what I saw it looked like we were playing well as a team. Very happy Hokie and proud of our team and Buzz.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Many fans and observers have been saying they were not seeing improvement. Not reading that anywhere today though. Congrats to Buzz and the players on regrouping from a couple of trying weeks and toughing out a hard fought ACC win. They worked their tails off for this win and today it paid off.

Buzz is doing the right things and will turn this program around, in time, with patience and support by our fans.

Many fans and observers have been saying they were not seeing improvement. Not reading that anywhere today though. Congrats to Buzz and the players on regrouping from a couple of trying weeks and toughing out a hard fought ACC win. They worked their tails off for this win and today it paid off.

Buzz is doing the right things and will turn this program around, in time, with patience and support by our fans.
More impressed with the comeback than the win....it was NC St. they are not very good. Hope this isn't Curlys signature win. But it is a win VT needed to get. I'm totally convinced Buzz is Curly....started with Coat & Tie, finished with shirt no tie or jacket. We will have Bennett work with him on ACC coaching etiquette. LOL.....all kidding aside nice win that I know you guys needed.

More impressed with the comeback than the win....it was NC St. they are not very good. Hope this isn't Curlys signature win. But it is a win VT needed to get. I'm totally convinced Buzz is Curly....started with Coat & Tie, finished with shirt no tie or jacket. We will have Bennett work with him on ACC coaching etiquette. LOL.....all kidding aside nice win that I know you guys needed.

We were picked 14th before we lost 3 starters, blown out of our last two games, and 16 points behind in this one. Hell, throw in the last place finishes four years in a row. Any ACC win Buzz can get right now impresses me.

We were picked 14th before we lost 3 starters, blown out of our last two games, and 16 points behind in this one. Hell, throw in the last place finishes four years in a row. Any ACC win Buzz can get right now impresses me.
Jolly, any win right now for VT in the ACC is a good win....but all kidding aside NC St. is not a good team. VT played 10 guys yesterday to NC St. only playing 7, they have no depth and really have one player that would even start on VT's team. As I stated earlier the comeback was the most impressive thing yesterday for VT....in years past VT would have quit and let State roll to an easy win. A much needed win for VT and Curly for sure....I hope you got it out of your system and don't pull off another one on Monday.

VT played 10 guys yesterday to NC St. only playing 7, they have no depth and really have one player that would even start on VT's team. As I stated earlier the comeback was the most impressive thing yesterday for VT....in years past VT would have quit and let State roll to an easy win.
Do you mind if I use this quote for those questioning the evidence of improvement taking place in our program?

Reactions: B1dee
Do you mind if I use this quote for those questioning the evidence of improvement taking place in our program?
Feel free.....the Allen I saw yesterday reminded me of his year at MD, when he gets hot he is tough. His biggest fault would be he is a ball hog at times, but if he's hot he can carry a team.

Yep, Seth can, and Tyrone, when he shows up.

More Tyrone please.

th

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Gill is looking awfully tough to me. I think he could be the one for Hoos to take it to the bank. Hair looks pretty bad but it hasn't seemed to slow him up.

Reactions: Hoos19NC
Gill's having a great year. He creates a mismatch for us and we can't play zone, the way they shoot the 3 they would kill us. I'm afraid our only answer for Gill is drive at him and try to get him in foul trouble. That's what we will do, but he's a good defender too.

But, if Tyrone shows up...

It was a signiture win. Its something to build on. Thats how it starts. I think Buzz gets several this year.

I stated many times on Wolfpack boards that this is one of the worst shooting teams since the Les Robinson days. All anyone has to do to beat us is play zone, and foul our big men if we do get the ball inside. Very painful to watch. I would say NIT bound, but I doubt that is in play.

I stated many times on Wolfpack boards that this is one of the worst shooting teams since the Les Robinson days. All anyone has to do to beat us is play zone, and foul our big men if we do get the ball inside. Very painful to watch. I would say NIT bound, but I doubt that is in play.
Pack I hate it for you but I agree this is not a good team outside of one really good player. But you are not going to win a lot in the ACC with one player. Good Luck this year....

Reactions: Otis4411
NC state has at least 3 2014 top 100 players on there team where they over ranked. Or under coached..Abu and the Martin twins..

NC state has at least 3 2014 top 100 players on there team where they over ranked. Or under coached..Abu and the Martin twins..
under coached for starters. You never see our team setting up a designed play. Cat takes it down the court dribbles for as long as he can and if forced to pass may pass to the Martin twins and from there we get what we get. When his shot is falling everyone is happy.

I'm surprised they are performing so poorly I really thought from a recruiting standpoint that they would have been in top half of acc.

The thing is with an excellent player a team can focus on stopping him and there is no one to take up the slack.

I'm surprised they are performing so poorly I really thought from a recruiting standpoint that they would have been in top half of acc.

We recruited some long and very athletic players. But they are very poor shooters and lack key fundamentals like blocking out and setting screens. Gonna be a long season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT