ADVERTISEMENT

VT vs OSU 2015

VA4VT

Team Captain
Jun 30, 2005
Looks like Foster and Loeffler have their work cut out for them come Labor Day.

I bet that OSU team will be hungry to have a rematch with us.

Hey HR, get a life will you, PLEASE. It's people like YOU that take the challenge out of being smart. All I wanted to say was "LOOKING FORWARD TO A GREAT INJURY FREE GAME IN SEPT" & YOU have to interject this cheater crap. This "HOLIER THE THOU" aura you portray is getting REALLY OLD.

There are certain teams I do not like:

Ohio State
Michigan
Okalhoma
Texas
All Pac 10 teams
Tennessee
Arkansas
Virginia
Georgia Tech
Pittsburg
Syracuse
Louisville
Boston College
Wisconsin

Notre Dame

This post was edited on 1/13 8:53 AM by Hampton Roads 6

This post was edited on 1/13 6:54 AM by Hampton Roads 6

Fair enough. You are entitled to your likes & dislikes. I DO NOT harbour any such feeling towards VT. I have ALWAYS respected your program. Have been to Tech MANY times as my daughter is graduating from VT this May. It's a great school in a beautiful setting. I'm going to try to get to the game this September, but all the GOOD seats seem to be sold out. Was at the FSU game pre Jameis Winston. Great atmosphere. You had them on the ropes until the end when LT tossed an interception. Good luck & looking forward to a good injury free game.

This Game just became a lot more interesting. Ohio State winning all the Marbles this year and just one loss to VT , will make a National watched Game come Sept. , I bet both teams are well aware of the importance this Time. I'll be there in Lane pulling for My Hokies. Win or Lose , LANE will be Rocking !

Ohio will probably be ranked #1 then, since they are a media favorite. It will be interesting as to whether or not VT will be ranked.
Speaking if ranking, when pre-season polls come out, I predict:

1. Ohio St.
2. Wisconsin
3. Michigan State
4. Penn State
5. Nebraska
6. Rutgers
7. Minnesota
8. Maryland
9. Purdue
10. Illinois

No doubt OSU will be #1 in first poll....this team loses very little and will be very good next year. I'm sure media will stick a bunch of overrated SEC schools high on the list and then we can watch them lose again come playoff time when they have to play real teams......

Hoos19, I honestly think the pollsters will go to bed with Big 10, and rank all of them come 2015 season. SEC schools might be in the " Also receiving votes category"

Originally posted by LIBuckeye:
Hey HR, get a life will you, PLEASE.
Please ignore our resident homer.

As for the upcoming game itself, VT was younger this year than even Ohio State was (OSU's key playermakers were mostly sophomores...VT's were mostly freshmen), and this VT team was obviously pretty damned good this season before it was gutted by injuries early on and then by really poor QB play later on.

If VT gets to this game healthy (a big if with us the last few years), then the nation will once again probably be shocked at how well VT matches up against Ohio State. Just like last time, OSU won't be able to run into a stacked box, and the fact is, their offense isn't nearly as potent when you remove their running game from the equation. Most teams can't really remove their running game as a threat, but VT sure can (and has already).

The other side of the ball will still be a big mismatch, though, and while the VT D can keep any offense in the country in check, the VT O is going to have to figure out a way to score some points for us to have any serious thoughts about winning. They did it Columbus, but that was the exception to the rule this past season, not the norm.

Originally posted by hokiemtc:
Originally posted by LIBuckeye:
Hey HR, get a life will you, PLEASE.
Please ignore our resident homer.

As for the upcoming game itself, VT was younger this year than even Ohio State was (OSU's key playermakers were mostly sophomores...VT's were mostly freshmen), and this VT team was obviously pretty damned good this season before it was gutted by injuries early on and then by really poor QB play later on.

If VT gets to this game healthy (a big if with us the last few years), then the nation will once again probably be shocked at how well VT matches up against Ohio State. Just like last time, OSU won't be able to run into a stacked box, and the fact is, their offense isn't nearly as potent when you remove their running game from the equation. Most teams can't really remove their running game as a threat, but VT sure can (and has already).

The other side of the ball will still be a big mismatch, though, and while the VT D can keep any offense in the country in check, the VT O is going to have to figure out a way to score some points for us to have any serious thoughts about winning. They did it Columbus, but that was the exception to the rule this past season, not the norm.
I thought four of their O-line,QB,RB, and star WR were all newbies? I admire your attitude but cannot say I think it is going to be a very good day for us when we play them

Didn't Meyer meet his wife on farmersOnly.com ? well blacksburg has a lot of farms around so they'll fit right in when they visit...lol, gonna be a barnburner!

as for the game, well as spiderman always said, everybody gets one, and vt has already used that up.

haha just jokes, trying to laugh as much as i can from now till next fall's game cause they are gonna whip us like the amish do butter!

Originally posted by Hampton Roads 6:

I hope Ohio bus breaks down near the Ag Department's pastures, and Meyer steps in manure.
The buses won't go close to Kentland Farms........ The tree huggers saved Stadium Woods, but butchered Southgate's Cows......................................................

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT