ADVERTISEMENT

VT vs. UVA Football 2019

Hokiepoke

All-Conference
Jan 9, 2003
Greenville, SC
This is UVA's best chance of beating VT in 16 years. On paper, the two teams are pretty evenly matched but I think this game will be determined by our offense. Hoos have their best and most dynamic QB in over 2 decades, so they should be able to move the ball and score points. To me, the key is Hokies' offense and it's ability to score TD's. I am expecting it will be a 34-27 type of game.

Last year UVA looked better the way their and our season was going. They blew it.

Having said that, we're playing better every game now. They? We have the momentum.

If we can limit turnovers and get some from them we can win big.

It all boils down to how we play and how they play on this stage today.

Perkins beats us with his passing and his running skills. Congrats to UVA. It took Bronco a while, but he has now surpassed Fuente as coach, which does not surprise me at all. He is a far better coach than Fuente and is also closing the talent gap. Gone are the days when we could just show up and win.

Perkins is gone next year. Unless they come up with another great athlete at QB I ain't worried and the steak will start again.
Was trying to be be a little gracious. Since you don't seem to get that...I'll just be honest too. With Bud gone, I'm not even close to worried about any kind of VT winning streak against us. Heck we handed you the game last year. And no Furly or whoever someone else mentioned wouldnt have mattered. Its 1 guy! We have been without 3 of our best 4 db's for 4 weeks now. Hall was one of the top CB's in the country. Also, Brendan Armstrong will do just fine next year. He runs well....not like Perkins...but still well. He's a better passer though. Later

Reactions: 1TexCav
A win yesterday would have all but guaranteed a bad loss to Clemson and likely UGA in the Orange bowl. We aren't ready for that level of competition yet.

I am a fan of good schools, and UVA is a good school unlike Clempson. So this Hokie will be pulling for UVA for sure.
Thanks poke...and truth be told I'm not a typical uva fan in that I don't hate all things VT. I grew up a uva fan but my brother went to VT and I went to radford. I've been to plenty of VT games. I just pull for uva in head to head. It's been fluster the last 15 years but glad that's in the rear view. I honestly hope both uva and vt can get to where we are both elite programs. Gonna be an uphill battle thoughts

House money Hampton Roads. Our next three are likely Clemson, Bama and UGA. All big time games on national stage. Win one and it is huge. Like Cavsrule said Armstrong will be really good and plenty mobile. Great game Friday. Good luck to Hokies in bowl

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT