ADVERTISEMENT

We're getting smoked by a 1-5 team...

hokiemtc

Hokie Hall of Fame
Mar 29, 2002
...it looks like half the team quit the same time Beamer did.

Do we seriously have to wait until the end of the season to be rid of Frank?

Oh goody...the offense finally made it to Atlanta. We're about an hour into the game, but it's still good to see them.

B
Oh goody...the offense finally made it to Atlanta. We're about an hour into the game, but it's still good to see them.
Brewer had VT moving earlier till Cam choked the ball up on what would've been a 1st down in GT territory.

Reactions: Salemite
Nice. 2 drives...2 TDs. It took a while to get going tonight, but ladies and gentlemen, the Hokies have finally decided to play some ball.

Yeah I was thinking FB's announcement ruined the kids concentration but ol' Lefty finally decided to open up the lame O he authored in the 1st quarter.

I mean, when Motley comes in its a run for a loss. Even the commentators say he's not going to pass the ball.

I thought Lawson was the designated run-only QB? What did we burn his redshirt for if he's not going to get his two carries?

Decision to bring Lawson in for only a few plays looks dumber every game he stays on the sideline. Use some imagination, put him in the backfield and let him throw/run, anything to shake up the same ole, same ole. He's a very athletic guy - use him this year!!!

Last edited:
The offense is scoring every time they touch the ball now. Very impressive! Of course, they're scoring more for GT than are for us, but still.

The defense kept forcing fumbles and the offense finally converted one. And then, of course, the worst kicker in the country shanked another kick.

The D needs to hold for 6:00 now. If we lose by one, I hope the kicker has to hitch hike home.

Wow, it was an epic suckfest there at the end to see which team could make the most stupid mistakes and throw the game away, but GT rose up and showed us how they got to 1-6 to begin with.

Now if we can just find one more team that has a deep down desire to beat themselves, then we can extend this bowl streak.

Reactions: HokieNation
Yeah thanks GT. We tried to hand the game to you but you just handed it back.

Thanks Bud Foster and your D who were exceptional.

Another ugly win, but a win.

The defense kept forcing fumbles and the offense finally converted one. And then, of course, the worst kicker in the country shanked another kick.

The D needs to hold for 6:00 now. If we lose by one, I hope the kicker has to hitch hike home.
Slye hardly worst kicker in country!

Besides the win and Travon continuing to prove Shane a coaching genius (by only taking 5 games to realize Travon could run) wasn't it great to see the sick look on pompous ass Paul Johnson's face!!! Guess you can spend the holidays at home along with London!

Defense played great - after the 1st Qtr, poorly in 1st Qtr...

Got it........so the standard is the D must play well all quarters on every down?
Fact: the game of football in the United States is a four quarter game in which all quarters count. The D played (as a whole) lights out and held GT to 258 total yards. That's sick. That's insane. That's foolish. That's absurd that our D could do that on the road at GT against a team in need of a win to keep its bowl streak going. Our O, as a whole, played bad.

A win is a win. I thought we would stomp the Yellow jackets. I saw a little of GT-UVA game on TV. GT looked terrible on both sides of the ball against the Boo Hoos.

Now we need to beat the Tar Heels.

Got it........so the standard is the D must play well all quarters on every down?
Fact: the game of football in the United States is a four quarter game in which all quarters count. The D played (as a whole) lights out and held GT to 258 total yards. That's sick. That's insane. That's foolish. That's absurd that our D could do that on the road at GT against a team in need of a win to keep its bowl streak going. Our O, as a whole, played bad.

Uh, yea don't think, 'lights out for the Game' includes taking a Qtr off. GT is not playing like the GT that was predicted to win the Coastal, mediocre at best!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT