ADVERTISEMENT

what's up with that !?!?! Duke at #7 in fball recruiting?

vtdiehard

Signee
Gold Member
Jul 16, 2013
And this is nothing new. Ever since Duke came into Bburg and laid a loss on VT--- they've steadily climbed the
recruiting rankings in Fball.

If their admission standards are so high that they only take the creme de la creme....I can believe they are able to find a 15 person basketball roster with high academics. But.I find it hard to believe they can routinely rack up
50-60 football players that share a similar academic profile / grade point average as the rest of the student body population.....For the last year or two+--- the recruiting rankings on displayed on this board indicates they have out recruited more than 2/3 of the schools in the Sooo Everybody Cheats and are generally only behind FSU, Clemson, & Miami in the ACC. VT has gotten as high as #17 early on--- but usually finishes in the 20's

We're currently sitting at #22. The only consolation is that we've steadily ranked ahead of the Hoos---currently ranked in the 30's & 40's - are currently sitting 9 or 10 spaces back.

We need to reestablish ourselves in the 757 - where M London got his early start. & came to prominence after taking Richmond to 1-AA CHAMPIONSHIP GAME. With the hiring of ODU's Zohn Burden----hopefully VT can re-establish its recruiting dominance that really built VT's ranked program. I'm sure other schools are trying to pull the "old gray mare" is going to retire routine --to hurt VT's recruiting presence. Hopefully, we can transition as well as Bowden did----although its not realistic with the massive talent base in Florida, Georgia Bama, --i.e the
deep south as well.

I FEEL BUD FOSTER DESERVES A CHANCE TO BE HEAD COACH ---- Lord knows he is tops in terms of defensive knowledge and schemes. HE HAS COACHED AGAINST THE BEST OFFENSIVE COACHES & SCHEMES OVER THE YEARS. WHO BETTER THAN FOSTER ----WOULD KNOW WHICH OFFENSIVE SCHEMES PRESENT THE MOST DIFFICULTY TO DEFEND. HE COULD STILL FOCUS ON THE DEFENSE , BUT HIRE THE OFFENSIVE COORDINATOR (FROM WHEREVER) WITH THAT BEST--- IMPOSSIBLE TO DEFEND --OFFENSIVE SCHEME.

Perhaps Loeffler is that man. Its still too early in his tenure to tell if he is that man. Rome wasn't built in a day or 1 or 2 seasons for that matter. Spring practice has shown offensive promise----but when you're practicing against your own players......is the offense that good or is the defense not as good . No one will really know until the season starts. Hosting national champ Ohio St may give an indicator. Truthfully, last year, Vt was fortunate when OSU lost its starting qb right before our game in Columbus. I think they still felt they would triumph & took VT lightly. Their replacement QB was obviously not prepared....made some crucial turnovers...and was out of the game by half time. I feel a nationally televised revenge potential pounding may take place-----with many Hokies selling their tickets at outrageous prices to pay for their seasons- for rest of the year---- I feel it will seem like an OSU scrimmage in their smaller practice stadium.

HOPE I'M WAY WRONG..

i

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News