ADVERTISEMENT

When VT loses to KY

You lost to Bowden. Not UK.

Good game all around. I'm just glad UK didn't leave much time left. It would have been a different outcome I think.

Hate to see Foster retire. He's been a good one for VT. And loyal too.

VT is not like other schools.

Beamer was given extra time to turn things around (not common), Beamer gave his assistants time (certain ones to much) to improve, with a head coaching change certain assistants were retained (unheard of) and when Foster retired his replacement and others were brought in from within the Hokie family. When a coach retires he and his family WANT to and are encouraged to stick around. (not that common)

When you move your family to B'Burg you have to really screw up to get let go. There are real ladies and gentlemen in that school and I hope that will never change.

It's unfortunate all the jawing and the punch being thrown etc. but I think this is not representative of the two fan bases. That being said GREAT game Hoakies and Cats!! Fans got their moneys worth from that game!!! Good luck in 2020.....

I know one thing, Bowden is the biggest jerk in college football. Apparently KY has no standards.

This is a pretty ridiculous statement. Did you see the video of VT players starting all this? Bowden even commented that it ruined his bowl week experience. I believe whether they were directed to or not, VaTech players started baiting him early in the week in the hopes of him doing something to get ejected because they knew without him, UK had no other options at QB. It almost worked.

I was encouraged to see Lynn seek out certain VT players after the game and it seemed as if there was a lot of mutual respect after a really good and entertaining game.

I know one thing, Bowden is the biggest jerk in college football. Apparently KY has no standards.
Lynn grew up in a rough rough ghetto town. He admittedly is lucky to be alive. Alot of his childhood friends weren't so lucky. He was taken under Stoops wing and transformed into a much better person. That being said, he's still not one to take $h!t from someone. Doesn't excuse throwing a punch.....But VT's actions at Nascar HOF cannot be excused either. Don't poke the bear!

Reactions: 24TIGER
I'm surprised that UK didnt blow the doors off of this game. Down 3 coaches, 2 starting DBs and a less than motivated fanbase after the loss to UVA, I was shocked VT played as well as they did. Buds history with mobile QBs you had to know VT wasnt going to shut Bowden down but they did take the RBs out of the game for the most part. UKs lines dont get the respect they deserve in the SEC, they are big and nasty yet VTs undersized and young lines did ok against them. Better than I thought they would. It's just frustrating to know that the coaches spoke for weeks about the difficulties in stopping Bowden then let the game come down to Bowden with the ball in his hands. It should have never come down to this. Trying to sit on a 3 or 6 pt lead is a recipe for heartache. In today's college game you have to score TDs and take advantage of TOs. Basketball is won with 3s, football not so much.

Both teams will return a lot. VPI, all but one starter?

Wow.

Tech’s line play surprised me. No one but Georgia ran that well on us in two years.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT