ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the One Coach You Don't Want to Replace Beamer?

Flashman

Hokie Hall of Fame
Jun 10, 2001
Forget about who you do want for a moment. Who's the one coach you don't want to replace Frank Beamer at VT? Let's omit Stinespring. I think we can all agree that we don't want him. For me, it would have to be Houston Nutt. I haven't seen his name mentioned on the list of possible candidates and I hope it stays that way. He ran two SEC programs into the ground and he's probably dying for one more chance to do the same to another program.

Rich rod to me... I hate everytime I hear his name attatched to the job. 1. he is not that great of a recruiter and 2 his defensive scheme has NEVER stopped anyone. People must have amnesia that 3-3-5 Defense lost him the Michigan job. Chad Morris should be coach if he agrees to keep our defensive staff in place.

267367616_25940e4ed1.jpg

Rich Rodriguez
x2
After the way he did WVU...I was hoping after the Michigan firing, he would never get a head coaching job again...but he's from the region, so it makes sense I guess....

I would love to see WVU vs VT play again (the battle of the Bluefields)...

Fuente.

Good coach, but lacks the recruiting resume we need IMO. We need a head coach that can take back in state recruiting.

So RR's Arizona Wildcat boys have given up 346 points in 10 games (ranking them at number 103 nationally in scoring defense). They are now on pace for 415 points. they lost 38-30. No defense.

So RR's Arizona Wildcat boys have given up 346 points in 10 games (ranking them at number 103 nationally in scoring defense). They are now on pace for 415 points. they lost 38-30. No defense.
RR would do better with Bud...

x2
After the way he did WVU...I was hoping after the Michigan firing, he would never get a head coaching job again...but he's from the region, so it makes sense I guess....

I would love to see WVU vs VT play again (the battle of the Bluefields)...
There were a lot of political issues surrounding "the way he did WVU". RR got all the negative publicity spun to make him look as bad as possible. Do some research into the politics at the school and the state regarding RR resigning. Also, coupled with the infighting, Michigan, without a doubt is a top 10 football coaching job.

Reactions: Tru Blu Tar Heel
And RR took Michigan football down many many notches. He can't coach outside of a watered down big east. He set all riptide records but not for being good but for being bad. He is not someone we want.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT