ADVERTISEMENT

Why is everyone worried about getting Brewer back?

Aug 18, 2009
He wont be playing next year so why not keep Motley and Lawson playing to give them as much experience as posible. I wouldnt expect Beamer to make any decisions that made any damn since.

He wont be playing next year so why not keep Motley and Lawson playing to give them as much experience as posible. I wouldnt expect Beamer to make any decisions that made any damn since.
Brewer coming back gives us our only chance to have a winning season. Our run defense is one of the worst in the country so we need to score points. We will average under 20 point per game in the ACC with Motley at qb.

Motley is better than Brewer in my opinion. He made a few mistakes today, but Brewer has had his fair share as well. Plus better get somebody mobil our line is god awful, and our Defense is soft as tissue paper. Gunna be a long year.

Motley is better than Brewer in my opinion. He made a few mistakes today, but Brewer has had his fair share as well. Plus better get somebody mobil our line is god awful, and our Defense is soft as tissue paper. Gunna be a long year.
Can't agree with you on this. Either one will probably struggle this year.

Better yet, why did we burn Lawson's redshirt just to run him out of the wild "turkey" once a game? And I don't want to hear Loeffler's bullshit about him not knowing the playbook; Motley knew the playbook yesterday and played like puke, and Brewer knew it last year and was either decent or really awful. Start planning for the future (though I doubt Loeffler has one at VT).

Better yet, why did we burn Lawson's redshirt just to run him out of the wild "turkey" once a game? And I don't want to hear Loeffler's bullshit about him not knowing the playbook; Motley knew the playbook yesterday and played like puke, and Brewer knew it last year and was either decent or really awful. Start planning for the future (though I doubt Loeffler has one at VT).
This is baffling to me as well Heaks....if he wasn't ready then why burn his red shirt? This is so much like what London would do that it is scary weird.

Heaks , this is only one of the many stories in the big city. Why hire SL as an OC?, Why is Beamer still our head coach? Oh, and why would you want to bring in an uninjuried QB to play when you have someone who has had his body pummeled for the entire game and is too injured to be out there ?
"Lawson doesn't know the playbook" is the reason for not bringing him out . We just don't know what we are doing,period.

With a year behind him, I was hoping to see a much improved Brewer. That is exactly what we saw against Ohio State. unfortunately, we barely saw over a half. If that is indicative of how Brewer has progressed, he is a much better option. Motley locks in on a receiver at the snap, and if that receiver doesn't get open, the next option is to run or get sacked. He had a really rough game yesterday, and by now our future opponents realize that he locks in on his target immediately. He is going to really struggle.

Reactions: SunnyBeachWave
Why hire SL as an OC?
This one is easy...it was a lie by Beamer ...a smoke screen designed to keep Stiney on the payroll. No established, accomplished OC would ever stand for Stiney sitting in the booth with him with his hands still all over the offense, but Loeffler was unemployed and needed a job, so he was the perfect fit.

Reactions: VT/UK Rondo
Not only was SL unemployed, he was a real bargain. Auburn was still paying his most of his salary.

Well of course he was a good hire. All things SEC are heads above anything the ACC could produce. We all know that. Even if he was unemployed he was SEC so that made it right.
My issue is I really don't know if he is any good because I don't know how much his hands are tied.

there might be something to: "how much his hands are tied"

As long as we want to run ball on 1st/2nd down we're gonna suffer. Defensive coordinators study film, and probably know our offense better than we do.

JC into the middle of the line of an excellent D on first down is an example of our O play calling expertise. For this you don't have to study our O.

Last season I gave up watching in person after 18 years, last Saturday I gave up watching.

I agree Motley runs better - but that's it, period. Motley can't read defenses, stares down receivers, has a slow release, and has no pocket presence. I also question his leadership ability. Neither the team nor the coaches have confidence in him. The team and coaches had confidence in Brewer. I think Motley is in over his head in division one. He would probably do well at a school like Furman, W&M, Richmond, etc.

I see where Pitt has the 4th ranked total D in the country after our game.

That makes the lack of offense seem a little less dire. I didn't realize their D was that highly rated.

I'd like to see Pitt's D against a real offensive minded team. Baylor or TCU could probably hang 50 on them.

I see where Pitt has the 4th ranked total D in the country after our game.

That makes the lack of offense seem a little less dire. I didn't realize their D was that highly rated.

The numbers behind that #4 ranking have got to be skewed. Youngstown State put up 37 on Pitt in the first game.

You could say it was the first game but I like to think we know good defense around here, and even in the first game of the year we never let a little school like that put up 37 on us in a top 10 defense year.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT