ADVERTISEMENT

Why is UVA # 1?

VT33

New Recruit
Feb 1, 2006
Something I don't understand. I'm glad they are but how is UVA # 1 ranked in basketball this week?
Anytime a high ranked team, especially in the top five or ten ranking in basketball loses, the team drops down several notches. It didn't happen after we beat UVA at home, VT, a team not ranked in the Top 25 and is way on the bubble and UVA went UP? I can't ever remember that happening in my lifetime and I'm near 70. Strange. Everybody kept telling me that they were ranked # 1 and I didn't believe them. Was the vote before the game against us or something?

Something I don't understand. I'm glad they are but how is UVA # 1 ranked in basketball this week?
Anytime a high ranked team, especially in the top five or ten ranking in basketball loses, the team drops down several notches. It didn't happen after we beat UVA at home, VT, a team not ranked in the Top 25 and is way on the bubble and UVA went UP? I can't ever remember that happening in my lifetime and I'm near 70. Strange. Everybody kept telling me that they were ranked # 1 and I didn't believe them. Was the vote before the game against us or something?
All the top teams lost...UVA’s lose to VT wasn’t as bad as Villanova losing to St. Johns.....Purdue lost to Michigan St......Michigan St. just doesn’t have enough quality wins to jump all the way to #1 (even though they may be playing the best right now). Very strange week for the top 3 teams to all lose. UVA has the best resume right now and that’s why they went to #1.

All the top teams lost...UVA’s lose to VT wasn’t as bad as Villanova losing to St. Johns.....Purdue lost to Michigan St......Michigan St. just doesn’t have enough quality wins to jump all the way to #1 (even though they may be playing the best right now). Very strange week for the top 3 teams to all lose. UVA has the best resume right now and that’s why they went to #1.
As much as Mich State is liked by the press, and they are a good team,I'm shocked that they didn't move all the way up. Like I say, haven't ever seen it happen. Ever. I don't see much difference in the Top Ten right now and March Madness is going to be crazier than ever.

UVA has 4 top 10 and 9 top 50 wins with only 2 losses. MSU has only 1 top 10 and only 2 top 50 wins with 3 losses. Seems pretty obvious the AP got things right this week. UVA is by far the most deserving #1.

Mich.st is no.1 in the coaches poll ,UVA at no.3 but the AP saw it different and rightfully so,go hoos

Hooootyhoollar2therear aint nothin but a prison gal. u look 2 dem in need. U aint got no hooch, u ran out of tree, u ran out of souce an u turn2 dem. Dozeboys u can sell or make ur girl or make u do ATM. Num 1 not true for ranking. mo like last in da place of all of them. They bottom feeders like catfish. Sumtimes u eat catfish or dangle dem on ur rod.

Pollsters are crooked. I saw softball polls yesterday, 3 teams are 5-4, and still ranked in Top 25.UVA should have fallen a long way, after losing at home to an unranked team.

Pollsters are crooked. I saw softball polls yesterday, 3 teams are 5-4, and still ranked in Top 25.UVA should have fallen a long way, after losing at home to an unranked team.
It must be tough to be so jealous all the time.....I’ll get you a Hoos Basketball shirt if that will help. Embrace the Pace....

I don't want anything related to UVA basketball (or football). Hope they get eliminated in first round of NCAA tournament.

I don't want anything related to UVA basketball (or football). Hope they get eliminated in first round of NCAA tournament.
I’m beginning to believe you didn’t get accepted into UVA and you are still in pain......don’t worry most don’t get in.

I lost interest in UVa when I was on my trip and the coaches accused my host of stealing money that he gave us and then their D-line coach told me if I went to Tech I would end up doing cows and he made the motions while we were at a restaurant. That was slightly embarrassing.

Is this a joke? Who else could you possibly put ahead of them? They have the best body of work, hands down, two losses, none of which are bad ones, and have beaten pretty much every top 25-50 team they've played.

Us Hokies wear blue collar men’s cloths. Flannels and blue jeans are much more comfortable than bow ties and blazers.

Originally designed to wipe mouth and nose. Told my principal I wouldn’t wear one. Didn’t mind being marked down for professional dress. I just can’t stand feeling like I’m strangling all day.

Originally designed to wipe mouth and nose. Told my principal I wouldn’t wear one. Didn’t mind being marked down for professional dress. I just can’t stand feeling like I’m strangling all day.
Preach it brother....I’m with you. I wish I didn’t have to wear them.

High school teachers and college professors should wear a tie. (exceptions, Gym teachers, shop teachers, etc), but classroom teachers should wear a tie. I see teachers every day going to school dressed like crap. I would not dress like some I see, if I were going to a dairy farm to shovel manure.

Would you make a female wear a dress? I see a lot of people who wear ties still look like crap. Wrinkled shirts/pants, mismatched / clashing designs. A tie doesn't make you professional. Manners, work ethic and attitude do.

High school teachers and college professors should wear a tie. (exceptions, Gym teachers, shop teachers, etc), but classroom teachers should wear a tie. I see teachers every day going to school dressed like crap. I would not dress like some I see, if I were going to a dairy farm to shovel manure.
Just because you wear a tie doesn’t mean you have taste....unless you are me!!!!

Would you make a female wear a dress? I see a lot of people who wear ties still look like crap. Wrinkled shirts/pants, mismatched / clashing designs. A tie doesn't make you professional. Manners, work ethic and attitude do.

True, some do not know how to dress even if they do wear a tie, but their boss should explain dress code to them and enforce it. The teacher is the leader of classroom, he/she should dress professionally, not dress like the students.

A clip on from Kmart is better than no tie at all. A coat and tie is more professional than a polo shirt. But I do sometimes wear polo shirts when I mow my yard.

A clip on from Kmart is better than no tie at all. A coat and tie is more professional than a polo shirt. But I do sometimes wear polo shirts when I mow my yard.
I usually wash my car with my wife’s Hokie shirt, especially when my cars muddy. She doesn’t seem to appreciate the humor.

Reactions: Hampton Roads 6
Dang HR. I figured you would pay someone to mow the yard. Me - I am too cheap. :)
I mow it myself.

I think they were #1 so that a #1 seed could lose to a #16 seed.

I am happy that UVA became the first #1 to lose to a #16. If I hit lottery I am going to buy a tract of land near Charlottesville and put up a billboard for the achievement.

I am happy that UVA became the first #1 to lose to a #16. If I hit lottery I am going to buy a tract of land near Charlottesville and put up a billboard for the achievement.
Reaching #1 is a major accomplishment.....but you guys wouldn’t know about that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT