ADVERTISEMENT

***INsider: Landon Dickerson Latest***

Guys, it's been alluded to on the board, but wanted to confirm that Rivals100 OL Landon Dickerson did visit VT today. Dickerson told me via text message.

Originally, Dickerson, No. 48 in the Rivals100, had looked at visiting VT Saturday for Beamer's Barbecue. But Dickerson now plans to be at Auburn this weekend for a visit there.

This was Dickerson's first time seeing the Hokies' new indoor facility since it was completed last month. His parents got to see it when they were driving to see him at the Rivals Five-Star Challenge last month in Baltimore. Since then, Dickerson has been adamant that he wanted to see the facility for himself.

"It went great," Dickerson said. "Amazing facility. The graphics are pretty legit."

VT is in excellent shape, but Dickerson is taking his time. He's really identified with assistant coach Stacy Searels, which has made a huge difference. He'll likely take all five officials before deciding, but it still sounds like the Hokies are in the lead.

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

My ACC Ballot

Guys, I don't mind sharing. Here's my ballot for the ACC media voting that I turned in yesterday. I'm still not completely sold on Clemson, so I had them second in their division:

Coastal Predicted Finish:
1. Virginia Tech
2. Georgia Tech
3. Duke
4. Miami
5. Pittsburgh
6. North Carolina
7. Virginia

Atlantic Predicted Finish:
1. Florida State
2. Clemson
3. Louisville
4. Boston College
5. NC State
6. Syracuse
7. Wake Forest

ACC predicted Champion:
Florida State

Pre-Season Player Of The Year:
Kendall Fuller

More Visitors This Weekend

Guys, just wanted to pass on that a good friend of mine, Hylton (Va.) assistant coach John Harris, text me earlier to say on Friday he's bringing 2018 stud running back Ricky Slade and 2017 tight end Jarrett Powell to VT. They'll tour the campus and hang out with coaches on Friday and hang around for Beamer's barbecue on Saturday.

We all know about Slade, but Powell is a kid VT is very intrigued about. He's not on Rivals so I'll be building him a profile, but he's a kid Harris has been high on and who the Hokies staff has asked to come down for them to see in person.

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

***INsider: Patrick Jones Update***

Guys, I spoke a little earlier with Grassfield (Va.) DE Patrick Jones, one of VT's top targets right now at the position. Jones has eight total offers right now, but he told me he has a top three.

That top three is VT, Duke and NC State. And the good news for the Hokies, he'll be visiting Blacksburg next weekend. Jones last visited for junior day in February and has also been to Virginia. Duke, NC State and Wake Forest. He camped at Alabama last week and at Georgia yesterday. But no offers came at either of those camps.

With the Hokies, Jones said he's been speaking with assistant coach Charley Wiles. He also liked Bud Foster and the atmosphere. Right now, I'd have to say VT is the clear leader. But he says he wants to take at least a few visits and decide mid-season.

Lastly, Jones is just now starting to come on the scene because he's a late bloomer. His birthday is in late September, so he's one of the youngest in his class. He grew from 200 pounds at the end of last season to 235 now and is benching 335 pounds, up from 225 pounds. Jones is continuing to get better and he'll get more offers. Four-star potential if he continues at his current rate.

***7.24 VT INsider Chat Details***

Guys, I've got a treat for you all on this week's chat. Our friend Adam Friedman, Rivals.com's mid-Atlantic recruiting analyst will be running the chat, starting at 12:30 pm ET on Friday. This is your chance to get his expertise on all your questions on where the Hokies stand with plenty of recruits and to get the very latest info.

I will say, be there at 12:30 SHARP, as Adam has a lot of things going on and has been gracious enough to let us borrow some of his time. Take advantage of and get the very most out of your subscriptions and join us for the chat!

Chat link: http://bit.ly/1MFTZzp

Kodye Pugh At UA

Our story/interview with three-star small forward Kodye Pugh: http://rvls.co/1M0Bwzl

He was already pretty high on VT's list this spring, then decided he needed to reclass from 2016 to 2017 and also transferred from Boys Latin (Md.) to Blair Academy (NJ). From watching him and everything I've been told, I think both moves will benefit him tremendously. The Hokies are in good position with him right now, but long way to go still. He's a hell of an artist, as I showed on video, but that doesn't do him justice. He'll be a top 100 kid easily by his senior year, after his move. Has already visited VT, but needs to get back this fall to have a good chance.

15 For 2015 Series

Guys, I'm sure you noticed, but over the weekend, we started our countdown of who our staff believes are the 15 most vital players for VT this fall. All four on our staff submitted our lists and the player who was ranked No. 1 received 15 points, No. 2 got 14, etc. to get a true staff decision. Here's a recap of who we've listed so far:

No. 15: Wade Hansen
No. 14: Brandon Facyson
No. 13: Wyatt Teller/Augie Conte

Who's on your lists?
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT