ADVERTISEMENT

Ron Johnson To Michigan

Guys, not a huge surprise here, but Camden (NJ) Rivals100 DE Ron Johnson committed to Michigan earlier. The Wolverines had been thought to be the leader for a while, though VT had held out a bit of hope. Honestly, though, he never mentioned the Hokies at the Five-Star Challenge, so we didn't even bother interviewing him.

Story from our Michigan site: https://virginiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1778148

Kenneth Nwuba At NBPA Top 100

Guys, this is an extremely raw and still getting adjusted kid, but without a doubt, keep an eye on 2018 center Kenneth Nwuba, at Arlington Country Day (Fla.). VT has offered, but he's originally from Nigeria and hasn't been stateside long.

He's still getting used to a lot of aspects here. He's too young for the Hokies to reach out to, but they've seen him play in AAU and that's where the offer came from. A year from now when they can contact him, he'll be one who looks like will be high on the board for his class. Nwuba is a long guy who battles well in the post, even though it's obvious he's still figuring things out. Great potential, though. One of only three guys in the 2018 class invited to the Top 100 camp.

I spoke to him a little before this interview and you could tell he knew little to nothing about recruiting, but I wanted to at least get him on camera: http://rvls.co/1fEGghB

Lets all predict how this upcoming football season goes...

Boring time until fall opens up so lets go for it. Personally I think we go 10-2 and get back in the spotlight. Our offense should be the best it's been since LT's soph year and our defense should be as strong as ever. I think we drop games to OSU and one of GT/Miami. I am usually a cautiously optimistic fan but this is easily the best I've felt going into a year since LT's soph year by far. Now all of you feel free to chime in and ruin my day...

***INsider: Dredrick Snelson Latest***

Guys, some HUGE news with Rivals250 WR Dredrick Snelson. Our Florida analyst, Rob Cassidy, caught up with him over the weekend at the IMG 7v7 national championships. Snelson told him that he's already made up his mind.

Snelson, who committed to Miami last summer at the Rivals Underclassmen Challenge, then decommitted at the end of last year, tweeted a top 10 in April of Florida State, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Florida, Ohio State, Louisville, Auburn, West Virginia and Miami. But after talking to Snelson, Cassidy told me he believes the Hokies are the clear leader.

In fact, it sounds like Snelson has had a decision made for a little while now. He had planned to announce at The Opening, but for whatever reason, he wasn't invited. That said, had he known, Snelson likely would have announced at the Rivals100 Five-Star Challenge presented by Under Armour. He obviously likes the spotlight, so now, he's said he's gonna wait until the Under Armour All-American game in early January. But since that's over six months away, it'll be interesting if he can wait that long. So there's honestly no telling when he'll actually announce.

Rob can add more on here later, but it sounds like Florida State is one of his top places. But the Seminoles will likely lock up five-star Nate Craig-Myers and probably won't have room for Snelson. Plus, Snelson also sees the opportunity he has at VT to play right away. He might be the No. 3 receiver right off the bat and wcould only play one season with Isaiah Ford and/or Cam Phillips as both have NFL aspirations.

It'll be interesting for sure, but right now, VT is in an unbelievably excellent position to get a big-time talent.

Here's the story Rob posted earlier on Snelson: http://rvls.co/1Ies227

As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

Starting this fall, VT will FIRE the "Laser""""

A little late news; nevertheless, VT has a new voice of the Hokies. Come this fall, the Hokies will begin "firing the LAZER". P.S. His name is pronounced as I spelled it, but NOT spelled correctly in this post. It does not matter about the spelling because this fellow will forever be known to Blacksburg simply as Austin Powers stated it......" The Lazer."
Reactions: kcwashing1

***6.26 VT INsider Chat Details***

Guys, as I mentioned in another thread, with the poll to vote, the time of this chat fir future weeks is in your hands. But since we're deadlocked on a time right now, this week's chat will remain the same, at 12:30 pm ET tomorrow. By next week, the chat will be at the time that gets the majority vote.

We just wrapped up VT's junior day last week, as well as the NBPA Top 100 camp and a new commit in Eric Kumah. Our next big event will be the Under Armour All-American basketball camp in Charlotte, which we'll be covering starting July 7. Lots of big names there, including another chance to catch up with Markelle Fultz, VT's top basketball target for 2016.

So come take advantage of and get the very most of your subscriptions, by chatting with us and getting all the Hokies questions you've been wondering about, answered.

This week's chat: http://bit.ly/1Nf4sBO

Marlon Character Update

Guys, via our South Carolina site, GamecockCentral.com, Rivals250 safety Marlon Character said he has a top two of Virginia Tech and South Carolina.

"As far as my list, South Carolina and Virginia Tech, it's always been those two schools I've always liked since the beginning," Character said.

Character said the Gamecocks have a slight edge, but I don't think it's much of one. He had originally talked about visiting VT last weekend for junior day, but has now rescheduled to July 25 & 26. That's shaping up to be a HUGE weekend for the Hokies.

Auburn is hanging around, too and he visited there last week. Looks like the Tigers have replaced Ohio State in his top three. Character said he also plans to visit South Carolina in July and will make a decision likely in early August.

Here's that full story: http://rvls.co/1IzgaDA

Patrice Rene Talks Standouts

From our Ohio State site, BuckeyeGrove.com, Episcopal (Va.) four-star safety Patrice Rene, No. 237 in the Rivals250, said Ohio State, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Tennessee and North Carolina are the schools he talks to the most. Out of that group, even aside from this article, it sounds like VT and the Buckeyes are the two in front right now.

Rene will be visiting Ohio State for the Friday Night Lights camp in July and will likely decide after that.

http://rvls.co/1NilYFP

Bowl Projectons by the AP

I saw in a newspaper yesterday a list of Bowl Projections by the Associated Press:

It may the be worst "projection" list I have seen in 51 years of following college football.

They have Navy and Virginia Tech in the Military Bowl.
Alabama and Clemson in Peach Bowl.

The 4 playoff teams are Notre Dame vs Auburn and Ohio State vs. Baylor.

I hope whoever came up with this list has a new job, not related to football come September.

VT Hosting Visitor Tuesday

Guys, just confirmed that the Hokies will have a big OL target on campus today, in Asheville (NC) guard Pete Leota. He's become one of the top targets on the board at OL and while there's other higher-ranked guys, VT would take him in a second if he wanted to commit.

Leota recently told our South Carolina site, GamecockCentral.com, that the Gamecocks and Hokies are his top two: https://virginiatech.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1774738

I'll be catching up with him after his visit for full details and a story.

New Voice Of the Hokies

I know this has been asked a lot on here and according to our friend David Teel, VT looks to have found Bill Roth's replacement:
Login to view embedded media Here's his biography from the Flying Squirrels' site as well for those interested:

"Jon Laaser returns for his fifth season in Richmond after a one-season stint as the lead broadcaster for the Montgomery Biscuits (Double-A - Tampa Bay Rays). He is reunited with Flying Squirrels' Vice President & COO Todd "Parney" Parnell, whom he worked with while calling games for the Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Advanced-A - Atlanta Braves) in 2008 and the Altoona Curve (Double-A - Pittsburgh Pirates) in 2007. A native of Minneapolis, MN, he has also provided play-by-play for the Yakima Bears (A - Arizona Diamondbacks), St. Paul Saints (Independent) and St. Cloud River Bats (Summer Collegiate). In addition to his experience in baseball, Laaser has also served as the lead announcer for Charleston Southern University football and men's basketball, the Minnesota State High School Football/Basketball Championships and Hamline (MN) University football. His broadcasting career began in sports talk radio, with Clear Channel's KFAN in his native Minneapolis."

pictures ?

Why are they always put of Facebook.I Personally dont have a Facebook so this dose and has not done me any good for a long time.another ? I have is why is the chat time I know that it cant and doesn't meet everyone schedule I have always wounder why it was at the time that it is.I personally think that a 3:00 start time on ghe chat would be alittle more convenient for alot of others.Not all people have access to computers at work so that would give some time to maybe ask and participate after work. I have just wounder about these and with tbe board being so dead I thought I would ask.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT