ADVERTISEMENT

***Common Message Board Questions***

Guys, hopefully this will help answer some of your questions on any issues you might be having. As always, if you need anything specifically, please email me at: jason.stamm@rocketmail.com

These are some of the most common questions we received so far on the boards.

Where can I find my old signature picture and how do I get that in to my new signature?

You can still go to the "Member Services" link in the top right hand corner of any current front page. From there, clicking "Message Board Options" will take them to a page to log in once more to access their preferences. They can find their signature code in "Message Board" options.

Once they have the URL only of the images they want to carry over they can simply however over their username in the top right hand corner of the new boards and click Signature.
_TGht4mlD7OsRLH-aYPMljpkSiZ93xiJOegwM5XzePQww_7uhnsUQwguw4qsqGKjaHg6IoVK_qdUeQ4_Qt-hjlv97ckz-Q7QykPXi40lf9QuvLSV_ABIdco0kiBLrvvsxg
- Click the image icon. Insert the URL of the photo you wish to embed. Click “Insert.” That will add it to their signature area.

I want to alert someone ... how do I tag a user?

Simply use the @ symbol and begin typing the username of the person you wish to tag in a new thread or reply. Their name will appear in the drop down menu after the @ symbol. Click their username and you're set.

I don't want to get alerts on every thread I participate in. How do I turn that off?

Hover over your username in the top right hand corner and click "Preferences."

A window will pop up to manage your Preferences. Uncheck the first option that says: Automatically watch threads that you create or when you reply...

I want the message board to fill my screen. How do I do that?
On the bottom left of any page of the new boards you'll see an icon that looks like this:
1679809.jpg

Clicking that once will adjust it to fill the screen or keep it as is.

I don't want to see signatures, how do I turn those off for my username?

Top right hand corner, hover over your username and then click "Preferences."

You can uncheck the option for... Show people's signatures with their messages.

UPDATE: New Message Boards

Guys, by tomorrow morning we should have our new boards here in place. Here's a note from Eric Winter, head of Rivals:

Hey everyone -

Proud to share that we have been given the green light[/B] to flip the switch on the new message boards TONIGHT[/B].

During Migration from old to new all of your Premium[/B] and Free Message Boards[/B] will be READ-ONLY[/B] from approximately 12 a.m. ET to 6 a.m. ET. [/B]

The Main Board and all of our other National Boards will be up and running during these hours.

Here are some of the new Features & Benefits[/B] for the new Rivals.com Message Boards:

1. They are a responsive design[/B]; meaning, they were designed for desktop, tablets and mobile - all in one design and all at the same URL. No need to go to a different address to get the proper version for your device

2. They have a modern, secure and actively maintained framework built for speed & stability

3. There will be no[/B] limit on Thread History, so you can reference old topics or replies at any time

4. There is Private Messaging, Social Profiles and Rich(er) Content - embeddable video, embeddable Tweets, etc

5. You now can set up alerts[/B] and follow users [/B]so you don't miss replies to topics you're participating in or miss great posts from your favorite users. In your News Feed[/B] you'll be able to see all of the topics, users, and content that you wish to follow.

6. Dynamic quoting system [/B]so what you select within a thread can be quoted without copying and pasting any code. You select what you want to quote and click Reply over that selection, and it will be put automatically in your reply. You can quote multiple posts[/B] and automatic quoting[/B] is set up so that you can always follow the conversation with a user forgetting to quote.

7. Improved navigation[/B] and search[/B]: quickly jump to the first unread post in a thread or to the top and bottom of each thread. Advanced search features include by keyword, date or thread title.

Rivals Main Board Access
Reactions: GC1 and DEXTERITY

Basketball Weekend Visitors

Guys, VT will be hosting a few JUCO visitors this weekend and one of them is a familiar name that I reported on last summer:

SF Deshawn Freeman, Hutchinson CC (Ks.)
SF Ty Outlaw, Lee CC (TX)
C Johnathan Hamilton, Jacksonville JC (TX)

The Hokies have also gotten involved with another JUCO heavily,

SG Mychal Mulder, Vincennes University (Ind.)

Basically, the Hokies want at least one, if not two of the forwards. Of course, there's only one available scholarship. But as I've been told before, my VT staff sources tell me, 'It'll work itself out."

***INsider: VT Basketball Update***

Guys, I just spoke with Jody Bailey, the coach at Jacksonville JC (TX), the coach of center Johnny Hamilton, who as you know from my post before the weekend, visited VT this past weekend. Hamilton also has offers from
Wichita State, Ok State, Cincinnati, SMU, Houston, Virginia Tech and Illinois-Chicago per his coach, just to name a few.

Bailey said Hamilton is originally from Trinidad & Tobago and has only been playing basketball since he was 16, about four years. Bailey calls him a great defender and rim protector. He doesn't have a ton on offense, but he's great around the rim. Not much of a shot, but is an unreal presence around the basket.

The big news is that Hamilton will be making his announcement tomorrow. And right now, the odds are probably 90-95% that it will be for the Hokies. VT was the only official visit he took, though he has talked a lot with schools like Wichita and Oklahoma State.

Bailey told me that there's "Still few things to get done on our end, but it's about ready to happen." By that, he told me he meant mostly paperwork.

We'll be watching this one closely and have plenty more coming when available, but As always, what's posted here, STAYS HERE. Don't de-value your own subscription by giving away information to others who don't pay like you do. It's also a violation of our terms of service and will result in the termination of your subscription.

**HokieHaven.com Satisfaction Survey

Hi everyone, I hope you are all doing well!

As part of being a Graduate Student, I'm required to take comprehensive exams and have an Oral Defense regarding those exams. One of these questions is about Research Methods, which involved creating a "fake" survey and stating "fake" results. In order to boot my Oral Defense, I thought it would be a good idea to actually create a survey and give some of the real findings in my Oral Defense.

So, I have a satisfaction survey regarding HokieHaven.com. The survey should take about 5-10 minutes (at the absolute most). You do not have to take this survey. All data collected is completely anonymous and no personally identifiable information is collected.

Here is a link to the survey:

https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6RR3dF4jfLWVV0V

Thank you and have a great rest of your weekend!

-Max Esterhuizen

https://qtrial2015az1.az1.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_6RR3dF4jfLWVV0V

Andrew Rowsey- BBall

Jason, i hear Andrew Rowsey PG is transferring from UNCA. He played ball not too far from Blacksburg and is a big time scorer. I know his dad said VT talked to him during his recruitment process ( not sure how much) and just wondered if there were any rumblings to try to get him here. UVA was interested in him as well i hear but just trying to think of all the scenarious that would entice him to leave Asheville and the ACC makes sense; not that we need another guard, but with Smith leaving he could fill a 3 point need at least.

Freeman Visiting VT

Guys, it's not over with three-star RB CJ Freeman. Though he committed to South Carolina last month, Freeman Tweeted out this morning that he's visiting VT for the spring game, which I retweeted earlier. I'll have a full list of visitors later this week, but this would be another significant one.

3h3 hours ago

I will be at VT for spring game this weekend13 retweets32 favorites

Retweet13
Favorite32

More

Instead of Tailgating...

For the third year in a row, I will be fully supporting the VT FCA, in lieu of tailgating. The FCA will hold its annual fundraising breakfast and silent auction, its "Breakfast Of Champions" starting at 7:30 am Saturday at Rector Fieldhouse. No cost to attend, though donations are asked for, as this is one of the primary fundraisers for the FCA program.

Come help support a great cause and stick around for the spring game!

FCA Breakfast details

New Message Boards Coming!

Guys, by tomorrow morning we should have our new boards here in place. Here's a note from Eric Winter, head of Rivals:

Hey everyone -

Proud to share that we have been given the green light[/B] to flip the switch on the new message boards TONIGHT[/B].

During Migration from old to new all of your Premium[/B] and Free Message Boards[/B] will be READ-ONLY[/B] from approximately 12 a.m. ET to 6 a.m. ET. [/B]

The Main Board and all of our other National Boards will be up and running during these hours.

Here are some of the new Features & Benefits[/B] for the new Rivals.com Message Boards:

1. They are a responsive design[/B]; meaning, they were designed for desktop, tablets and mobile - all in one design and all at the same URL. No need to go to a different address to get the proper version for your device

2. They have a modern, secure and actively maintained framework built for speed & stability

3. There will be no[/B] limit on Thread History, so you can reference old topics or replies at any time

4. There is Private Messaging, Social Profiles and Rich(er) Content - embeddable video, embeddable Tweets, etc

5. You now can set up alerts[/B] and follow users [/B]so you don't miss replies to topics you're participating in or miss great posts from your favorite users. In your News Feed[/B] you'll be able to see all of the topics, users, and content that you wish to follow.

6. Dynamic quoting system [/B]so what you select within a thread can be quoted without copying and pasting any code. You select what you want to quote and click Reply over that selection, and it will be put automatically in your reply. You can quote multiple posts[/B] and automatic quoting[/B] is set up so that you can always follow the conversation with a user forgetting to quote.

7. Improved navigation[/B] and search[/B]: quickly jump to the first unread post in a thread or to the top and bottom of each thread. Advanced search features include by keyword, date or thread title.

Main Board Access

UVA Ticket Order Form

Date Opponent Time/TV Tickets
Saturday
Apr. 18 Cavaliers Orange-Blue Spring Game
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA 6:00 p.m. ET ---
Saturday
Sep. 5 Bruins at UCLA Bruins
Rose Bowl, Los Angeles, CA TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 12 Fighting Irish Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Sep. 19 Tribe William & Mary Tribe
Tickets
Friday
Sept. 25 Broncos Boise State Broncos
Scott Stadium, Charlottesville, VA Time TBA
ESPN/ESPN2 Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 3 --- Open Date --- ---
Saturday
Oct. 10 Panthers at Pittsburgh Panthers
Heinz Field, Pittsburgh, PA TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 17 Orangemen Syracuse Orange
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 24 Tar Heels at North Carolina Tar Heels
Kenan Memorial Stadium, Chapel Hill, NC TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Oct. 31 Yellow Jackets Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 7 Hurricanes at Miami (FL) Hurricanes
Sun Life Stadium, Miami Gardens, FL TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 14 Cardinals at Louisville Cardinals
Papa John's Cardinal Stadium, Louisville, KY TBA Buy
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 21 Blue Devils Duke Blue Devils
Tickets
Saturday
Nov. 28 Hokies Virginia Tech Hokies
Tickets
Saturday
Dec. 5 ACC ACC Championship Game
Bank of America Stadium, Charlotte, NC

Sorry, but on the "Buy Tickets" link for UVA, I just had to laugh at the last date, Dec 5th. I'm sure there has been a rush on the ticket office for tickets to the ACC Championship game!!

Patrice Rene At RCS NJ

Rivals250 DB Patrice Rene, as I've mentioned on another thread, is one of the Hokies' top DB targets left for the 2015 class. He went over his top five today at the Rivals Camp stop in NJ, which is Virginia Tech, Ohio State, Rutgers, North Carolina and Duke.

Here's what he said about VT:

"It's
just what they stand for. They have a great coaching staff there. They produce
a lot of DBs, Kendall Fuller, for example. I really enjoyed myself there. Coach
Torrian Gray, he's the guy. I think he can develop me and make me become what I
wanna be."

Rene on top 5
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT